Can Believers use gun for the protection ?.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Rinku

Apr 29, 2019
What do you think? According to the Bible says that we can use a physical weapon for our protection from enemies. The Bible tells us not only to pray for our protection. Here is what the pastor preaches on every Christian should own a weapon. here is the link
please listen till the end. He is a Biblical preacher.

Dec 12, 2013
SURE........I have 10 and would in a New York second defend a loved one, family member, neighbor or friend lethally if need be.

Solomon<---->There is a time to KILL <---NOT MURDER as described in the LAW.......

K

KnowMe

Guns are tools, people are weapons.

K

KnowMe

What do you think? According to the Bible says that we can use a physical weapon for our protection from enemies. The Bible tells us not only to pray for our protection. Here is what the pastor preaches on every Christian should own a weapon. here is the link
please listen till the end. He is a Biblical preacher.
I think he misunderstood what was being said in Luke 22:36 is not about self-defense, but about prophecy fulfillment.

K

KnowMe

John 18
Then Simon Peter, having a sword, drew it and struck the servant of the high priest and cut off his right ear. Now the servant's name was Malchus

Mar 28, 2016
Luke 22:38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I think that Biblically a Christian has a right to physically defend himself.

However, that is different than saying he necessarily SHOULD.

There is a time and place for different things.
Also, we need to pay attention to the Lord's personal leading and direction in our lives.

So, it is a Biblical reality that we DO have liberty to do certain things that we may feel led to curtail.
We have liberty to engage in self defense, but whether or not we use that liberty is a very personal choice... something between us and God.

Many Christians view self defense in this way:
"I may allow myself to be harmed, but I would not allow harm to my loved ones."
That is a common sentiment, and a common view of this issue.
But it isn't the only view.
Ultimately, we have the liberty to defend ourselves, and the liberty to choose not to... it's between us and God.

K

KnowMe

I think that Biblically a Christian has a right to physically defend himself.

However, that is different than saying he necessarily SHOULD.

There is a time and place for different things.
Also, we need to pay attention to the Lord's personal leading and direction in our lives.

So, it is a Biblical reality that we DO have liberty to do certain things that we may feel led to curtail.
We have liberty to engage in self defense, but whether or not we use that liberty is a very personal choice... something between us and God.

Many Christians view self defense in this way:
"I may allow myself to be harmed, but I would not allow harm to my loved ones."
That is a common sentiment, and a common view of this issue.
But it isn't the only view.
Ultimately, we have the liberty to defend ourselves, and the liberty to choose not to... it's between us and God.

Indeed I like what you said between us and God, like when someone stands in front of a bullet to save another.

K

KnowMe

That’s ok but there is one who likes to test people, maybe that test has came and went for you I do know only you know that answer.

K

KnowMe

I use to have guns but a gave them away, if I can limit the testing by not giving a reason to test I’m better off

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
twice I thought I would be forced to defend myself, I went silent and calm inside, became super aware of my surroundings
specifically the back drop of my line of fire. I didnt pull or brandish, all I could think was " dont make me do it dude"
To carry is a huge responsibility, and not something to take lightly.

K

KnowMe

twice I thought I would be forced to defend myself, I went silent and calm inside, became super aware of my surroundings
specifically the back drop of my line of fire. I didnt pull or brandish, all I could think was " dont make me do it dude"
To carry is a huge responsibility, and not something to take lightly.
No ît shouldn’t be taken lightly and yes it’s a huge responsibility, and can have a price to pay when carrying.

TM19782017

Dec 15, 2018
I believe that the bodies ability to produce superhuman feats of strength when it is absolutely necessary for defense is a clear sign that defending yourself may occur but, I seriously question some who have guns.

I believe that 95% of people with guns that are criminal minded, just want what you have and would rather take it without killing you.....If they desired to just kill and take, a gun in your hands is useless with a bullet in the head before any conversation happens.
ANY material item is not worth dying for.....So what scenario do some envision where having a gun would benefit them? Gonna outdraw a bad guy?

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
roughly 30k people die from gun violence a year in America, nearly 300k defend themselves with firearms
a year. It has been a few years since I studied the numbers. The FBI website is a good place to go.

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
side note, the same people that advocate gun control to "save one child" ..............
support abortion. I just recently looked up those stats, ........ 913k abortions in 2015.

Dec 12, 2013
side note, the same people that advocate gun control to "save one child" ..............
support abortion. I just recently looked up those stats, ........ 913k abortions in 2015.
AMEN.......hypocrites....................let's disarm everyone so we can be enslaved, and while we are at it let's murder 60 million plus babies since abortion was legalized in the U.S..........Not me.....AR, Saiga 12, Jm Tactical 12, numerous pistols, long guns, shot guns.......