Can Believers use gun for the protection ?.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Homewardbound

Dec 10, 2018
whoa, ur behind enemy lines....... hahahahahahah
No kidding...deep deep behind enemy lines!!!
I'm thinking my neighbor has a gun safe...loaded to the hilt.
I should either be scared out of my mind (this IS Wa.) or feel real safe!

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
No kidding...deep deep behind enemy lines!!!
I'm thinking my neighbor has a gun safe...loaded to the hilt.
I should either be scared out of my mind (this IS Wa.) or feel real safe!
If u were on this side of the mountains, u could rest safely, that side? well.................

Homewardbound

Dec 10, 2018
If u were on this side of the mountains, u could rest safely, that side? well.................
It's a rough job, but somebody has to pray in the artillery! (Angel Army...go get 'em!!!)

notuptome

May 17, 2013
I am fully persuaded that my Lord would have me to act within my ability to protect myself, my family and other innocents in the face of evil.

A man once said that all it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. This has been evidenced throughout history. Christians do not initiate violence but certainly ought to react to it and if possible neutralize it.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

L

Locoponydirtman

Nathan Cothen has a good message on this subject. He is actually addressing the 5th commandment .

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
That pastor is wrong.. Our wepons are not to be carnal.. Our wepons are the Word of God and our security is in eternity not in this world..

2 Corinthians 10: KJV
3 "
For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: 4 "For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;"
Spiritual weapons for spiritual warfare; physical weapons for physical.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
What I got from this is - Americans are paranoid. Their country is not safe, and they hate each other. Thats why they carry guns.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
What I got from this is - Americans are paranoid. Their country is not safe, and they hate each other. Thats why they carry guns.
I'm a Native American, and I don't carry gun. I think the whole world is crazy and unsafe-not just America.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I'm a Native American, and I don't carry gun. I think the whole world is crazy and unsafe-not just America.
Do you carry other weapons.

I dont carry anything.

Jesus said he could just call on legions of angels whenever. He sends us as sheep amongst wolves. But the sheep dont go round in wolves clothing....its the wolves who go round in. Sheeps clothing.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
Do you carry other weapons.

I dont carry anything.

Jesus said he could just call on legions of angels whenever. He sends us as sheep amongst wolves. But the sheep dont go round in wolves clothing....its the wolves who go round in. Sheeps clothing.
No, I carry nothing. Not everyone has a strong faith in God as their protector. I do, because he's proven himself to me.

When I'm in the woods, I carry a knife, but I've never used it for anything but cleaning fish, skinning elk or deer, and cutting or carving.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
The truth is, we either believe God is our protector-always, or we don't. I don't judge those who feel safer with a gun. That's between them and God.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
What do you think? According to the Bible says that we can use a physical weapon for our protection from enemies. The Bible tells us not only to pray for our protection. Here is what the pastor preaches on every Christian should own a weapon. here is the link
please listen till the end. He is a Biblical preacher.
Of course. I'm close to a pacifist but if there comes a time to defend myself or especially my family. I'm uh, prepared. There's no shame in defending ones self or family with a weapon. In fact I'd be ashamed not to. "Be not deceived, that what sew, so shall you reap." If they mess with me or mine they'll reap the whirlwind and they might get carried away in buckets. Or washed away with a fire hose. (My stuff is silent but very sharp.)

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
A lot of people who carry guns like to express themselves violently. I've seen enough violence in my life for 10 lifetimes, so I've learned to save the talk, and just walk the walk.

Adelia

Apr 18, 2018
I own 2 guns; having said that, I look to scripture.
Romans 12: 17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Carefully consider what is right in the eyes of everybody. 18 If it is possible on your part, live at peace with everyone. 19 Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but leave room for God’s wrath. For it is written: “Vengeance is Mine; I will repay, says the Lord.
Scripture says if it possible in verse 18. It may not always be possible.

TM19782017

Dec 15, 2018
I recommend everyone give the movie Hacksaw Ridge a watch. Very good movie.

Talk about out of this world level of faith....Entered a war zone with no gun but a Bible.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
What Jesus means, when he said: love your enemy?
I believe He means explain the gospel to your enemy. Help your enemy if he needs it.

Same as your neighbor.

I don't believe He means to let your enemy kill and pillage whoever they want with your help and blessing.