Can I call myself a Christian if I'm unsure I'm born again

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
I believe that being saved can also be referenced as being christened, or the men of the old t, whom Jesus went and preached to in Abrahams bosom where saved. But had not yet received salvation,

Can I be saved until i am born again.

Theres indication that I must believe in the father befor I can possibly truly believe in the son.

Jesus said to his decipels you have believed in the father now believe in me.

I am practicing Christianity, but I'm unsure I have received salvation. I was christened into the church of England and have always thought my faith or title was a Protestant,

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
I believe that being saved can also be referenced as being christened, or the men of the old t, whom Jesus went and preached to in Abrahams bosom where saved. But had not yet received salvation,

Theres indication that I must believe in the father befor I can possibly truly believe in the son.

I am practicing Christianity, but I'm unsure I have received salvation. I was christened into the church of England and have always thought my faith or title was a Protestant,
Read the New Testament, it'll tell you how to be saved.

Ted01

May 14, 2022

John 3:1-8

Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2 This man came to Jesus by night and said to him, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him.” 3 Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” 4 Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?” 5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
Sorry, I have better things to do. Like I said, read the Bible, that's what most people do.
can you at least tell me how you was saved, your profile says your a Christian, does that mean your born again, I have started this thread for questions to be answered, but you seem reluctant to join in, and seem more intent on telling me go else where for help. If you don't want to share, that fine. But I have read the new testament, which you haven't even asked if I have.

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
is it your belief you are not saved until you are born again.
Yes, one is a saved when they are "Born from Above" >>> regenerated.

How does this happen?

When we stop trusting in ourselves and our dead works and trusting in >>>Christ Jesus for the gift of salvation He earned on our behalf.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
John 3:1-8

Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2 This man came to Jesus by night and said to him, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him.” 3 Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” 4 Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?” 5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”
who was this Pharisee, was he a leader of a synagogue, where the Pharisees the peoples who righteousness where not as good as it could be.

I've read this scripture if I understand it correctly would this also apply to the Pharisees who where also in Abrahams bosom, who Jesus went to preached to,

Tomorrow I could run over by a bus, would I go to Abrahams bosom, where Jesus would come and preach to me. Because in away I am like a Pharisee a new believer.

Or do I have to be born again befor I possibly get hit by a bus.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
who was this Pharisee, was he a leader of a synagogue, where the Pharisees the peoples who righteousness where not as good as it could be.

I've read this scripture if I understand it correctly would this also apply to the Pharisees who where also in Abraham's bosom, who Jesus went to preached to,

Tomorrow I could run over by a bus, would I go to Abraham's bosom, where Jesus would come and preach to me. Because in away I am like a Pharisee a new believer.

Or do I have to be born again before I possibly get hit by a bus.
Before Jesus was crucified, when people died, all went to Sheol, depicted as a place of the dead with a
great divide which none could cross, with Abraham's bosom being on one side where believers were.
Since Jesus resurrected following His crucifixion, now believers go to be with Him, gathered into Him
as it were, for we are His body, and He is with the Father, Whose abode is known as heaven.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Because of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we
were dead in our trespasses. It is by grace you have been saved! And God raised us up with Christ and
seated us with Him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages He might
display the surpassing riches of His grace, demonstrated by His kindness to us in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 2:4-7
:)

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com

Become SURE this very moment.

Salvation, the new birth are miracles which only God can do, no rituals, no sacraments can impart to you eternal life.

Right this moment ask Jesus to come into your heart as your Lord washing away your sins.

glf

Mar 18, 2023

At some point in a person's life, if they are confronted by a passage from God's word, such as, "Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." The Holy Spirit will convict a person of their sins and if they in sorrow, repent and turn to the Lord, that person is saved if they were sincere. We are told in scripture in one place, to test ourselves whether we are of the faith. When all else fails, devote yourself to the scriptures. The Holy Spirit uses the word of God to put the Lord's commandments upon the heart and mind of a true believer. Things that a person once delighted in become points of conviction as the Spirit uses the scripture to transform us all into the moral image of Jesus. The world today is full of babes in Christ who ignore the scripture which is God's message to each person for their good! If you are not changed by the scripture then you may very well not be saved. Being born again and having faith doesn't come with a feeling in most of us. No matter what you believe, scripture tells us that if we have the Son, we have the Father also.
I hope this helps!

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
At some point in a person's life, if they are confronted by a passage from God's word, such as, "Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." The Holy Spirit will convict a person of their sins and if they in sorrow, repent and turn to the Lord, that person is saved if they were sincere. We are told in scripture in one place, to test ourselves whether we are of the faith. When all else fails, devote yourself to the scriptures. The Holy Spirit uses the word of God to put the Lord's commandments upon the heart and mind of a true believer. Things that a person once delighted in become points of conviction as the Spirit uses the scripture to transform us all into the moral image of Jesus. The world today is full of babes in Christ who ignore the scripture which is God's message to each person for their good! If you are not changed by the scripture then you may very well not be saved. Being born again and having faith doesn't come with a feeling in most of us. No matter what you believe, scripture tells us that if we have the Son, we have the Father also.
I hope this helps!
John 16:7-11
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.
8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me;
10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; 11 of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

No plural in V9

The sin we are convicted of is the sin of unbelief in Jesus, that is part of the purpose of the Holy Spirit was sent to us.

That is the sin we repent off, unbelief in Jesus and what he did. That is what saves us.

After that the Holy Spirit works in us to conform is the image of Jesus.

glf

Mar 18, 2023
John 16:7-11
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.
8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me;
10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; 11 of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

No plural in V9

The sin we are convicted of is the sin of unbelief in Jesus, that is part of the purpose of the Holy Spirit was sent to us.

That is the sin we repent off, unbelief in Jesus and what he did. That is what saves us.

After that the Holy Spirit works in us to conform is the image of Jesus.
Heb 9: 15 KJV "And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance."
I suspect that unbelief in Jesus is not a first covenant sin. We died to the OT law with Jesus and are raised to follow the Spirit. The new testament does not come with the curse of death as did the first testament.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

are you supposed to think your saved already ? Or should you believe if I continue in faith and hold strong to Jesus and don’t turn away I’ll be saved ?

a here’s an apostle who wrote about what most interpret already justified and saved and judged

“For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord. Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭4:4-5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

salvation is something we believe because Jesus promised it in the gospel and we’re waiting in faith for it to come to fruition it’s not a possession we already have but a promise that we will be saved from death, he’ll and the grave

We should have this mind that Jesus is our judge and will judge all men at the appointed day

“And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭10:42‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭17:30-31‬ ‭KJV‬‬

there’s an appointment we all have we all Have to die and we all have to be judged after that

“And as it is appointed unto men once to die,

but after this the judgment:”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭9:27‬ ‭

So as we live in this life we should know this part that after we die we have an appointment with the judge and should realize why it is that Christian’s talk about this truth

“For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:10-11‬ ‭

If we don’t accept the truth we’ll always be thinking wrong we can be confident hat if we don’t give up on our faith we will for certain be saved regardless of our imperfections and shortcomings but we have to do our part and hold on get up when we get knocked down and always stick to faith in Jesus itnisnt an open and shut thing I say I believe now I’m saved forever it’s a lifetime commitment offering an amazing reward in the end eternal Life with the creator of all things and glory we can’t even imagine yet

Its worth it

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022

Anyone can learn the tenets of any religion and begin practicing them and call themselves by that particular religion or denomination. But merely practicing the tenets of Christianity doesn't make one a Christian. You must be born from above.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Salvation and the New Birth (being born again) are simultaneous. The ones who are truly saved are also born again by the power of the Holy Spirit. This is supernatural and they are born from above, born of God, born of the Spirit, and become children of God as soon as they believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.

But in order to be saved God commands you to repent (turn away completely from all sins and idols) and turn to Christ alone for your salvation. Christ died for your sins according to the Scriptures, and He rose again for your justification according to the Scriptures. If you believe wholeheartedly that Jesus is God who became Man to die for your sins, and if you believe that He is now both your Lord and your Savior, you can go to him and ask him to forgive you for all your sins, and make you a child of God. He will give you the gift of the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Spirit will regenerate you (give you the New Birth). Then you too will become a child of God.

After people are saved, Christ commands them to be baptized as believers. Baptism is by immersion, and in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Baptism must happen almost immediately after a person is converted. Read the Acts of the Apostles.

JohnRH

Mar 5, 2018

If you believe in Jesus as your personal Savior, then you are saved AND born again.
Being saved and being born again always go together.
Don't put your trust in your christening, your church, or your title - those won't save you.