Can I change reality with my words?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

Kim82

If I want a car can I go to the dealership, place my hand on a car and say, I'm declaring that this car will be mine's RIGHT NOW!

The bible says:

there is power and life in the tongue.

If I tell the mountain to be cast in the sea, it will happen.

When the children of Israel were going through the wilderness, God came near their tents and heard them saying Moses took them in the wilderness to die. God said it will be done just as they have said. And only their children will see the promised land.

How do you guys feel on this matter?

Nov 26, 2012
If I told my wife I want a divorce, that would change my reality alright.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
No.

Thats word of faith garbage, dont buy into that! These guys out here walking around claiming to be god (small g tho, thats how humble they are).

Most common offenders: Joyce Meyer, Creflo dollar, Kenneth Copeland, Kenneth Hagin, Benny Hinn ........ and that bunch of heretics. <- If you heard it from them or their minions. Dont believe it! If you are just wondering sincerely about those verses, well with the MOUTH confession is made unto salvation. So thats the most important thing! The words we speak do MATTER, but we dont have POWER like GOD to do as we please.

Only God can create with words. ex-nihilo. Out of nothing.

The only creating that works is a word of faith pastor declaring with faith "I will take the money from these gullible folks in the pews".
^That we see happening all over the globe, while the folks giviing the private jets REMAIN poor. Oy vey!

Definately run from this movement, part of the last days deception. I dont believe for a second that most of these word of faith preachers are saved.

If you want a new car you ask God to give you one.

Dec 12, 2013
No.

Thats word of faith garbage, dont buy into that! These guys out here walking around claiming to be god (small g tho, thats how humble they are).

Most common offenders: Joyce Meyer, Creflo dollar, Kenneth Copeland, Kenneth Hagin, Benny Hinn ........ and that bunch of heretics. <- If you heard it from them or their minions. Dont believe it! If you are just wondering sincerely about those verses, well with the MOUTH confession is made unto salvation. So thats the most important thing! The words we speak do MATTER, but we dont have POWER like GOD to do as we please.

Only God can create with words. ex-nihilo. Out of nothing.

The only creating that works is a word of faith pastor declaring with faith "I will take the money from these gullible folks in the pews".
^That we see happening all over the globe, while the folks giviing the private jets REMAIN poor. Oy vey!

Definately run from this movement, part of the last days deception. I dont believe for a second that most of these word of faith preachers are saved.

If you want a new car you ask God to give you one.
Not to mention the fact that thy were made to wander the wilderness and killed off because they failed to BELIEVE GOD, JOSHUA and CALEB, but instead believed the lies of the other 10 spies that they could not take the land as God had said.......

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
If I want a car can I go to the dealership, place my hand on a car and say, I'm declaring that this car will be mine's RIGHT NOW!

The bible says:

When the children of Israel were going through the wilderness, God came near their tents and heard them saying Moses took them in the wilderness to die. God said it will be done just as they have said. And only their children will see the promised land.

As to the part in red, no it won't..

Nov 26, 2012

The bible says:

First of all Christ said it to the twelve, not us. They performed other miracles we can’t.

K

KnowMe

The bible says:

Does the Bible say the whole mountain at once or one pebble at a time.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
That was not because of their words of complaint. It was because of their unbelief after the 12 spies had returned with a good report, along with the information about the giants in the land. They were not compelled by God to disbelieve. Quite the opposite.

As to your question: "Can I change reality with my words?" The short answer is "NO". It is your faith and your actions which will determine what takes place. Some prayers are answered while others are not.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
We have to remember that the Apostles were operating during a faith movement (Elijah) when these miracles happened. We are entering another Elijah movement right before Christ comes back again. Below is an excerpt that the Holy Spirit gave me some years ago to preach. It is from my notes.

What can hinder our faith works? Mark 11:22-24: “And Jesus answering saith unto them, have faith in God. For verily I say unto you, that whosoever shall say unto this mountain, be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say unto you, what things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.” This doubt is a bigger thing, in Christian lives, than is acknowledged.

Our testimony can be part of our faith works. Revelation 12:10,11: “And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: For the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.” We can overcome the enemy by our testimony. The Greek word for testimony is marturia (phonetically mar-too-ree’-ah) which can mean witness.

It is not a word of testimony or witness, until we put it into our mouths. What is involved in overcoming Satan with our word? John 14:12-14: “Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.” Powerful words those. We do the same things our Lord did. /End of excerpt.

We may still see some of these things come to pass. Clearly, the word says we can do more than we are doing right now. If we convince ourselves it can't happen, it won't happen with us. I want to be a part of the next faith movement along with the two witnesses. Maybe even be one. :)

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
This Word Faith, name it and claim it, blab it and grab it is the most heinous and egregious heresy to hit the late 20th and 21st centuries.

It pulls things out of context. It makes everything, "all about me!"

But, looking at your post, you haven't even gotten the verse right.

"21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue,
and those who love its use will eat its fruit." Prov. 18:21

"There is power and life in the tongue." This is what you posted! Not at all what the real verse is saying. This tells me you either don't know what these charlatans are saying, or they are misquoting it. But, since you didn't take the time to look up the verse, you will have to say which. I can't really refute something that is not in the Bible.

First read all of Proverbs 18 in context. Is it a repeated theme in this chapter? No! In Proverbs? No! So, consider it a wrong interpretation, and totally out of context. It is reading INTO the Bible what you want it to say, rather than taking out of the Bible what it is actually saying.

And if you look at James 3, you will see a long interpretation of this verse, and it has nothing to do with getting rich, or getting a car by merely laying hands on it. James 3, which is a very good explanation of what the tongue does, and it is NOT name it claim it. The disciples and apostles would have been shocked to death if they heard this Word Faith explanation.

"Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers and sisters, because you know that we will be judged more strictly. 2 For we all stumble in many ways. If someone does not stumble in what he says, he is a perfect individual, able to control the entire body as well. 3 And if we put bits into the mouths of horses to get them to obey us, then we guide their entire bodies. 4 Look at ships too: Though they are so large and driven by harsh winds, they are steered by a tiny rudder wherever the pilot’s inclination directs. 5 So too the tongue is a small part of the body, yet it has great pretensions. Think how small a flame sets a huge forest ablaze. 6 And the tongue is a fire! The tongue represents the world of wrongdoing among the parts of our bodies. It pollutes the entire body and sets fire to the course of human existence—and is set on fire by hell." James 3:1-6

"For every kind of animal, bird, reptile, and sea creature is subdued and has been subdued by humankind. 8 But no human being can subdue the tongue; it is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. 9 With it we bless the Lord and Father, and with it we curse people made in God’s image. 10 From the same mouth come blessing and cursing. These things should not be so, my brothers and sisters." James 3:7-10.

James is talking about the damage and evil we do with our tongues. Hurt feelings, lies, slander and all kinds of sin. And how hard it is to control the tongue. Instead, James encourages us to bless people with our tongues. That means "be happy" in modern English. So, when we love others, do good, that is a blessing. The power of bullying is where we see this warning enacted over and over again. Think of the number of people who were verbally bullied, by parents, teachers or other students, and how it damages their minds. They become suicidal. That is the power of the tongue. Never to create something material out of nothing. Word Faith has such a low view of God and such a deceptive view of themselves.

So, do as I do! Check out what the actual verse is, and read it in context, instead of believing some evil Word Faith teacher, who has the ulterior motive of making money off of you! Lots of money.

So, time for the OP to start reading the Bible, from cover to cover, daily and on your own. You will always be deceived by these false teachers and prophets in any matter, if you do not read the Bible on your own. Read everything in context. What does the whole chapter say? What does the rest of the Bible say about this? What is the connection between these "sound bite" partial verses, and the book? The whole Bible? In light of Jesus Christ? Who is sovereign? You or God?

Please turn off your TV or YouTube, and stop listening to these false teachers. God has so much to offer in his Word! Why would you trust someone after your money, with no knowledge of the Bible and how to correctly divide it, instead of praying and reading it yourself?

The most basic rule of "Bible Interpretation," is looking not at something in isolation, nor looking at the so-called "plain meaning" of the text.* You have to consider who Jesus was speaking to. Was it written to us somewhere in the future, or just to his people. Think about their world view. Did a Jew ever start "speaking things into existence?" That is just pure new age mysticism. I could tear that apart too, but instead, I will leave you to read your Bible, and find out the message. It is not about materialism, but about Jesus Christ the sovereign Lord of Creation and salvation. Don't take that very wrong path, to becoming rich or in perfect health, please!

*I am not saying that the plan meaning is always wrong. It is a good method. BUT, not the way the Word Faith people use it, to in fact twist the plain meaning of the text, to convince you both of a lie, and to give them money!

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
That's magic hocus pocus.
God is sovereign, He calls the shots, we don't. We are not God where we can speak things into existence.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
This Word Faith, name it and claim it, blab it and grab it is the most heinous and egregious heresy to hit the late 20th and 21st centuries.

It pulls things out of context. It makes everything, "all about me!"

But, looking at your post, you haven't even gotten the verse right.

"21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue,
and those who love its use will eat its fruit." Prov. 18:21

"There is power and life in the tongue." This is what you posted! Not at all what the real verse is saying. This tells me you either don't know what these charlatans are saying, or they are misquoting it. But, since you didn't take the time to look up the verse, you will have to say which. I can't really refute something that is not in the Bible.

First read all of Proverbs 18 in context. Is it a repeated theme in this chapter? No! In Proverbs? No! So, consider it a wrong interpretation, and totally out of context. It is reading INTO the Bible what you want it to say, rather than taking out of the Bible what it is actually saying.

And if you look at James 3, you will see a long interpretation of this verse, and it has nothing to do with getting rich, or getting a car by merely laying hands on it. James 3, which is a very good explanation of what the tongue does, and it is NOT name it claim it. The disciples and apostles would have been shocked to death if they heard this Word Faith explanation.

"Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers and sisters, because you know that we will be judged more strictly. 2 For we all stumble in many ways. If someone does not stumble in what he says, he is a perfect individual, able to control the entire body as well. 3 And if we put bits into the mouths of horses to get them to obey us, then we guide their entire bodies. 4 Look at ships too: Though they are so large and driven by harsh winds, they are steered by a tiny rudder wherever the pilot’s inclination directs. 5 So too the tongue is a small part of the body, yet it has great pretensions. Think how small a flame sets a huge forest ablaze. 6 And the tongue is a fire! The tongue represents the world of wrongdoing among the parts of our bodies. It pollutes the entire body and sets fire to the course of human existence—and is set on fire by hell." James 3:1-6

"For every kind of animal, bird, reptile, and sea creature is subdued and has been subdued by humankind. 8 But no human being can subdue the tongue; it is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. 9 With it we bless the Lord and Father, and with it we curse people made in God’s image. 10 From the same mouth come blessing and cursing. These things should not be so, my brothers and sisters." James 3:7-10.

James is talking about the damage and evil we do with our tongues. Hurt feelings, lies, slander and all kinds of sin. And how hard it is to control the tongue. Instead, James encourages us to bless people with our tongues. That means "be happy" in modern English. So, when we love others, do good, that is a blessing. The power of bullying is where we see this warning enacted over and over again. Think of the number of people who were verbally bullied, by parents, teachers or other students, and how it damages their minds. They become suicidal. That is the power of the tongue. Never to create something material out of nothing. Word Faith has such a low view of God and such a deceptive view of themselves.

So, do as I do! Check out what the actual verse is, and read it in context, instead of believing some evil Word Faith teacher, who has the ulterior motive of making money off of you! Lots of money.

So, time for the OP to start reading the Bible, from cover to cover, daily and on your own. You will always be deceived by these false teachers and prophets in any matter, if you do not read the Bible on your own. Read everything in context. What does the whole chapter say? What does the rest of the Bible say about this? What is the connection between these "sound bite" partial verses, and the book? The whole Bible? In light of Jesus Christ? Who is sovereign? You or God?

Please turn off your TV or YouTube, and stop listening to these false teachers. God has so much to offer in his Word! Why would you trust someone after your money, with no knowledge of the Bible and how to correctly divide it, instead of praying and reading it yourself?

The most basic rule of "Bible Interpretation," is looking not at something in isolation, nor looking at the so-called "plain meaning" of the text.* You have to consider who Jesus was speaking to. Was it written to us somewhere in the future, or just to his people. Think about their world view. Did a Jew ever start "speaking things into existence?" That is just pure new age mysticism. I could tear that apart too, but instead, I will leave you to read your Bible, and find out the message. It is not about materialism, but about Jesus Christ the sovereign Lord of Creation and salvation. Don't take that very wrong path, to becoming rich or in perfect health, please!

*I am not saying that the plan meaning is always wrong. It is a good method. BUT, not the way the Word Faith people use it, to in fact twist the plain meaning of the text, to convince you both of a lie, and to give them money!
Those notes were delivered, with their interpretations intact, from the HS for me to teach and preach. If you have a problem with their presentation, take it up with the HS. Don't accuse me of not looking up something and praying when your interpretation is different. They are just words and words are not perfect by any means. I am not WOF or Word Faith as you call it. :cool:

Chester

May 23, 2016
First of all Christ said it to the twelve, not us. They performed other miracles we can’t.
Yes, Jesus said it to the twelve and not us, but please do not use the "miracles are only in the Bible and not for today" argument: I will not buy into that line of reasoning.

M

Miri

If all Christians had to do, was name it and it was their’s.
We should all be millionaires, every member of our families saved,
never get sick, all live in mansions, all have fancy cars, have private
jets, live until at least 120, Etc etc.

The only people like this are those who say name it, claim it and send me
your money as a test of your faith!

Common sense would tell you its simply not true.
Try it for yourself and post tomorrow to let us know how it worked out for you.

Incidentally word of faith claim it brigade. Is completely different
to the true faith we are to have in God.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
If all Christians had to do, was name it and it was their’s.
We should all be millionaires, every member of our families saved,
never get sick, all live in mansions, all have fancy cars, have private
jets, live until at least 120, Etc etc.

The only people like this are those who say name it, claim it and send me
your money as a test of your faith!

Common sense would tell you its simply not true.
Try it for yourself and post tomorrow to let us know how it worked out for you.
Phip. 2:5 "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:" Wouldn't that be considered carnal thinking rather than Christ thinking?:cool:

Chester

May 23, 2016

The bible says:

I believe firmly that miracles are for today as well as they were for the time of the Scriptures. The problem today is the same it was at the time of Christ. Man wants to get into the way and have the prominence. God will not move or act when man is in the center.

If you place your hand on a car and say I declare it is mine RIGHT NOW, God is not going to respond to that kind of I am central approach.

Can God get a car for a person in need? you bet He can: He got me one when I needed it (but it wasn't by this sort of Word of Faith approach).

God answers humility, weakness, sorrow, and honesty. He does not answer pride, (human) strength, levity, and arrogance.

K

KnowMe

Those notes were delivered, with their interpretations intact, from the HS for me to teach and preach. If you have a problem with their presentation, take it up with the HS. Don't accuse me of not looking up something and praying when your interpretation is different. They are just words and words are not perfect by any means. I am not WOF or Word Faith as you call it. :cool:
Huh I had to look up what is the word faith movement about, lol. seems some dude came up with it E. W Kenyon out of the Pentecostal movement in the late 20th century,

how many movements are there geees.

Chester

May 23, 2016
If those notes were indeed delivered to you intact from the Holy Spirit, then just write them down for us to see and they will agree with the revelation given by God in the Holy Scriptures.

But you are not likely to convince many people on this forum by statements like: " Those notes were delivered, with their interpretations intact, from the HS for me to teach and preach. If you have a problem with their presentation, take it up with the HS" ;)

KD

Nov 20, 2018
She was speaking to the OP

Apr 15, 2017

The bible says:

In the Old Testament, and a physical covenant with physical blessings(although the spiritual law was still there, moral laws, laws of love, and the blood covered their sins, and then Jesus washed their sins away), and God dealing with Israel, caused many of the Jews to prosper in the physical sense, and king Solomon had riches, as well as the other kings, and land owners, and servants, and many cattle.

But in the New Testament with God dealing with the world(although a Gentile could still take hold of the Old Testament covenant), and a spiritual covenant with spiritual blessings, it is a different situation now in which we have to love the world, and care about their needs, food, and clothing, or wherever they have a need, and only go by our needs.

Which I know that a lot of people do not like that, or want to hear it that way, but that is the way it is in the New Testament.

1Ti 6:5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness(money, material things): from such withdraw thyself.
1Ti 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.
1Ti 6:7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
1Ti 6:8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

1Ti 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Paul said if anybody preaches that God blesses them with money, and material things, for their wants to withdraw yourselves from them, having food and clothing be content.

For the love of money is the root of all evil for it neglects the poor and needy, which love is the fulfilling of the law, and that is to care about their needs also if you have the means.

Anybody that goes by their wants falls victim to the love of money is the root of all evil, for they neglect the poor and needy, which Paul said they have erred from the faith.

Jas 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
Jas 2:15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
Jas 2:16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
Jas 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

James said if they do not care about the poor and needy then their faith is dead.

So Paul and James say the same thing which is only go by your needs, and help the poor and needy if possible.

1Co 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Charity, love in action, is greater than faith, and faith means nothing without love, which the Bible says faith works by love.

If we go by the word of faith, or prosperity Gospel, and live that way, then we lack love towards people, so how can we belong to a kingdom that is love if we do not love.

And many television evangelists are millionaires neglecting the poor and needy, and think they deserve it from God.

1Jn 3:17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
1Jn 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

John said do not love in word, or in tongue, but in deed and in truth, charity, love in action.

So we cannot go by our wants, as some believe that God blesses them that way, but He only blesses us with our needs.

Jas 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

Some people pray wrongly for they pray for their wants, and excess of what they need.

Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.

Act 4:32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.
Act 4:34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
Act 4:35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

When the Church started they sold all their possessions that were not a necessity, and distribution was made to the saints that had need, and they had all things common which it seems like it is saying they shared everything.

Television evangelists according to the truth of the Bible err concerning it, which is strange for they act as if they are well versed in the scriptures, and then believe that God gives them riches, and a mansion, and an expensive car, possibly a jet.

But God does not bless the preacher more than a common pew sitter, although some would want you to believe they do, which Joyce Meyer comes up.

2Pe 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2Pe 2:2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
2Pe 2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

They make merchandise of the saints for they are covetous, and trying to get money from them for their own personal use to prosper themselves financially in the greed department.

Isa 56:11 Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter.
Isa 56:12 Come ye, say they, I will fetch wine, and we will fill ourselves with strong drink; and to morrow shall be as this day, and much more abundant.

I know this is speaking of the priests, but it can also apply to the preachers, for they are in a position of leadership over the flock.