Can I change reality with my words?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

7seasrekeyed

Joyce Meyer is just another heretic and her books are just more material to the bonfire. TRASH.

Once I hear someone teach Jesus was tormented in HELL for three days, thats all I need to hear to TUNE OUT!

This thread is depressing me! I will BOW OUT gracefully. I will go and listen to some REAL men of God preach to get my mind off the heresy and wimpy singers!

then you can call me one also

there is no preacher/teacher that is 100% but it seems all the critics believe themselves to be 100% correct

I have never heard her say that other than on a very OLD video that people love to play to illustrate she is wrong all the time

I certainly do not believe that teaching

frankly, I see some heretics in this forum and in this thread

no help..just yelling and screaming about WOF when the op is not WOF and wanted genuine help

yeah...you go listen to some real men. :rolleyes:

one thing is true that people would do well to remember

how you see God, is how you will receive Him. you are not a cessationist...yet you know how they rail against the gifts and especially tongues

can you make the leap from understanding that, to understanding some people have a different relationship with God because they have approached Him differently and perhaps have received more?

I would not even share in this forum some things or some ways God has come through for me because of the way it would be received

God is not a person yet people continue to approach Him as if He was.

it seems it's safe to believe the Bible as long as He does not call on you to live beyond what you know with your mind

7seasrekeyed

years ago when I began singing and writing songs, it was truly a gift from God

while I had a pretty good voice, I had never written songs before and I had never sung in public

for the record, I would also sing songs that the Lord would give me on the spot and I was called a 'devil' by some so called pastors because I did that!

can you imagine being called a devil for praising God and encouraging others to worship and praise Him?

in fact one so called preacher told a local Bible teacher to watch out because there was something wrong with me

of course now, it's a different story, but being told you are a devil because you love God and the Holy Spirit gives you songs with which to worship God, is indicative of how people interpret

whatever. I know what is in my heart and so does God

Jul 23, 2018
We have to remember that the Apostles were operating during a faith movement (Elijah) when these miracles happened. We are entering another Elijah movement right before Christ comes back again. Below is an excerpt that the Holy Spirit gave me some years ago to preach. It is from my notes.

What can hinder our faith works? Mark 11:22-24: “And Jesus answering saith unto them, have faith in God. For verily I say unto you, that whosoever shall say unto this mountain, be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say unto you, what things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.” This doubt is a bigger thing, in Christian lives, than is acknowledged.

Our testimony can be part of our faith works. Revelation 12:10,11: “And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: For the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.” We can overcome the enemy by our testimony. The Greek word for testimony is marturia (phonetically mar-too-ree’-ah) which can mean witness.

It is not a word of testimony or witness, until we put it into our mouths. What is involved in overcoming Satan with our word? John 14:12-14: “Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.” Powerful words those. We do the same things our Lord did. /End of excerpt.

We may still see some of these things come to pass. Clearly, the word says we can do more than we are doing right now. If we convince ourselves it can't happen, it won't happen with us. I want to be a part of the next faith movement along with the two witnesses. Maybe even be one. :)
Thats the dilemma.
We can throw as many wof preachers under the bus we want.
But THEY are the only ones believing the verses that are being poo pooed.

I dont like a lot of them.
But i beleive alongside a lot of them.
Why?
It is bible,it is truth,it is HIS WORD.
He cannot lie or fail.
It is his word and testimony.

Some see even the verses as comtemptable.

That is self disenfranchisment.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
If I want a car can I go to the dealership, place my hand on a car and say, I'm declaring that this car will be mine's RIGHT NOW!

The bible says:

there is power and life in the tongue.

If I tell the mountain to be cast in the sea, it will happen.

When the children of Israel were going through the wilderness, God came near their tents and heard them saying Moses took them in the wilderness to die. God said it will be done just as they have said. And only their children will see the promised land.

How do you guys feel on this matter?
I feel that suchlike proposals are the ways and means of the cults and false prophets.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Joyce Meyer is just another heretic and her books are just more material to the bonfire. TRASH.

Once I hear someone teach Jesus was tormented in HELL for three days, thats all I need to hear to TUNE OUT!

This thread is depressing me! I will BOW OUT gracefully. I will go and listen to some REAL men of God preach to get my mind off the heresy and wimpy singers!
Joyce Meyer went to seed no doubt about that. Diamond earrings and all....
She sounds like that Chicken Soup series author.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
From my experience with discussing with people who believed that Isaiah is talking about spiritual healing from sin instead of physical healing from diseases and infirmities, I think their mind is quite set from this teaching and I respect their differing views.

The one thing they could never explain well, in my opinion, is the link to the account in Matthew 8

14 And when Jesus was come into Peter's house, he saw his wife's mother laid, and sick of a fever.

15 And he touched her hand, and the fever left her: and she arose, and ministered unto them.

16 When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick:

17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.

The New Testament is written in Greek but OT was in Hebrew, and the Holy Spirit clearly used this translation to emphasize that Isa 53 is talking about Jesus healing us from physical sicknesses. Matthew says that the healing ministry of Jesus was the fulfillment of
Isaiah 53:4–5. And he emphasizes that he healed every one. Why did he heal every one? Because he had taken, or was going to take—but in the eternal counsel of God he had already taken—our sicknesses and borne our pains

I notice you left this particular passage out, so I would be most keen to hear your own perspective towards this.
If you want to know why Jesus healed and did the miracles read John 20, 29 -30. And he did far more then it is written that he is the Messajah.

What is written in Matth. 8,17 ( and at this time he was not cruzifeyed) reminds me to acts 2 where Peter told it is the fullfilling of Joel 2.
But if you read Joel and realize the context them you see that Israel is living at the time of acts 2 not in peace like Joel 2 said. Also not the whole nation of Israel has not the abilitys which are described in the Joel 2. So acts 2 is in partfullfillment of Joel 2, while the whole fullfilment will take place in the future of the nation israel.

If Matt. 8. 17 is meant a physical healing which is available for every believer. Why then it was nessasarry
that the Holy Spirit after Pentecost was giving the gift of healing?
Why we find no single word from Paul ore the other writers for the new church according this issue?
What we find in James is, that sick people should go to the eldest of the church.
This would not be nesassarry, if your teaching would be right.
Also we cant find this teaching during the churchhistorie, till some charismatics came up with this teaching.
And the reality proofes that this doctrine is false.
In Matth 8, 16 we read that all who came to Jesus where healed. Where we find this today?
Yes, Jesus heales today, too. No question. But not all who comes to Him. He saves all who comes to him for eternity, but he heals not all physically who comes to Him. And this i find in the scripture. But I cant find your teaching in the scripture.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
From my experience with discussing with people who believed that Isaiah is talking about spiritual healing from sin instead of physical healing from diseases and infirmities, I think their mind is quite set from this teaching and I respect their differing views.

The one thing they could never explain well, in my opinion, is the link to the account in Matthew 8

14 And when Jesus was come into Peter's house, he saw his wife's mother laid, and sick of a fever.

15 And he touched her hand, and the fever left her: and she arose, and ministered unto them.

16 When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick:

17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.

The New Testament is written in Greek but OT was in Hebrew, and the Holy Spirit clearly used this translation to emphasize that Isa 53 is talking about Jesus healing us from physical sicknesses. Matthew says that the healing ministry of Jesus was the fulfillment of
Isaiah 53:4–5. And he emphasizes that he healed every one. Why did he heal every one? Because he had taken, or was going to take—but in the eternal counsel of God he had already taken—our sicknesses and borne our pains

I notice you left this particular passage out, so I would be most keen to hear your own perspective towards this.
Maybe. But the easy answer is that healing of all infirmities in totality come post resurrection in the Kingdom......

Jul 23, 2018
This Word Faith, name it and claim it, blab it and grab it is the most heinous and egregious heresy to hit the late 20th and 21st centuries.

It pulls things out of context. It makes everything, "all about me!"

But, looking at your post, you haven't even gotten the verse right.

"21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue,
and those who love its use will eat its fruit." Prov. 18:21

"There is power and life in the tongue." This is what you posted! Not at all what the real verse is saying. This tells me you either don't know what these charlatans are saying, or they are misquoting it. But, since you didn't take the time to look up the verse, you will have to say which. I can't really refute something that is not in the Bible.

First read all of Proverbs 18 in context. Is it a repeated theme in this chapter? No! In Proverbs? No! So, consider it a wrong interpretation, and totally out of context. It is reading INTO the Bible what you want it to say, rather than taking out of the Bible what it is actually saying.

And if you look at James 3, you will see a long interpretation of this verse, and it has nothing to do with getting rich, or getting a car by merely laying hands on it. James 3, which is a very good explanation of what the tongue does, and it is NOT name it claim it. The disciples and apostles would have been shocked to death if they heard this Word Faith explanation.

"Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers and sisters, because you know that we will be judged more strictly. 2 For we all stumble in many ways. If someone does not stumble in what he says, he is a perfect individual, able to control the entire body as well. 3 And if we put bits into the mouths of horses to get them to obey us, then we guide their entire bodies. 4 Look at ships too: Though they are so large and driven by harsh winds, they are steered by a tiny rudder wherever the pilot’s inclination directs. 5 So too the tongue is a small part of the body, yet it has great pretensions. Think how small a flame sets a huge forest ablaze. 6 And the tongue is a fire! The tongue represents the world of wrongdoing among the parts of our bodies. It pollutes the entire body and sets fire to the course of human existence—and is set on fire by hell." James 3:1-6

"For every kind of animal, bird, reptile, and sea creature is subdued and has been subdued by humankind. 8 But no human being can subdue the tongue; it is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. 9 With it we bless the Lord and Father, and with it we curse people made in God’s image. 10 From the same mouth come blessing and cursing. These things should not be so, my brothers and sisters." James 3:7-10.

James is talking about the damage and evil we do with our tongues. Hurt feelings, lies, slander and all kinds of sin. And how hard it is to control the tongue. Instead, James encourages us to bless people with our tongues. That means "be happy" in modern English. So, when we love others, do good, that is a blessing. The power of bullying is where we see this warning enacted over and over again. Think of the number of people who were verbally bullied, by parents, teachers or other students, and how it damages their minds. They become suicidal. That is the power of the tongue. Never to create something material out of nothing. Word Faith has such a low view of God and such a deceptive view of themselves.

So, do as I do! Check out what the actual verse is, and read it in context, instead of believing some evil Word Faith teacher, who has the ulterior motive of making money off of you! Lots of money.

So, time for the OP to start reading the Bible, from cover to cover, daily and on your own. You will always be deceived by these false teachers and prophets in any matter, if you do not read the Bible on your own. Read everything in context. What does the whole chapter say? What does the rest of the Bible say about this? What is the connection between these "sound bite" partial verses, and the book? The whole Bible? In light of Jesus Christ? Who is sovereign? You or God?

Please turn off your TV or YouTube, and stop listening to these false teachers. God has so much to offer in his Word! Why would you trust someone after your money, with no knowledge of the Bible and how to correctly divide it, instead of praying and reading it yourself?

The most basic rule of "Bible Interpretation," is looking not at something in isolation, nor looking at the so-called "plain meaning" of the text.* You have to consider who Jesus was speaking to. Was it written to us somewhere in the future, or just to his people. Think about their world view. Did a Jew ever start "speaking things into existence?" That is just pure new age mysticism. I could tear that apart too, but instead, I will leave you to read your Bible, and find out the message. It is not about materialism, but about Jesus Christ the sovereign Lord of Creation and salvation. Don't take that very wrong path, to becoming rich or in perfect health, please!

*I am not saying that the pgglan meaning is always wrong. It is a good method. BUT, not the way the Word Faith people use it, to in fact twist the plain meaning of the text, to convince you both of a lie, and to give them money!
Amazing nobody has pointed out the op may need a car. Not a ferrari,just transportation.

Jul 23, 2018
I was listening to Robert Tilton a WOF minister on TV and I started criticizing him for his name it and claim it stance. To my surprise, the HS rebuked me. I asked the Spirit if he was preaching truth. The answer: It is none of my business. The Spirit then let me know that the word of God is alive and addresses many on different levels. So the best any of us can claim is: The Spirit has not dealt with me that way. Since then, I leave another's ministry alone lest I trample God's work. ;)
Bravo to you.
God is all over that.
Anyone walking in intimacy knows exactly what you are talking about.
The rubukes from the H S are loud and clear.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
I didn't say if you remain sick, its due to lack of faith. That is really not for anyone of us to say.

I am saying it is God's will for Christians to be well. You have to believe that in your heart first, and we have had many years of wrong teaching in the past, that God uses sicknesses for various reasons.

Think of the parable of the sower and the seed, it takes time, as well as the right ground, for the Word of God to bring its promises into your life. Some get 30 fold, others get 60, and others get a 100.

Our job is to keep believing, keep renewing our minds to the truth, that God hates sickness, and we being his child, he love us so much that he wants us well, we don't have to plead with him to heal us, he has already healed us 2000 years ago.

As for your point about Galatians, why do so many Christians only look forward to eternal life, and interpret every promise of God to us as only happening during then? Once we are in heaven, we are already rich and healthy beyond measure, it is now, in this earthly life, that we need the promises of God to come to pass. :)
What you are teaching is posetive thinking. This has nothing to do with Gods word. You use Gods word for to support this wrong teaching.

What sense makes it if I know i am not sick, becausevyou told me this. But i am suffering with a sickness which is painful and will lead me to death.
Please, you really will tell this sick people?
Sorry this is an horrible teaching which gives a wrong hope to a needy person.

Real hope is that Jesus pays for my sin, and because I trust in him I will be with him in eternity. This has his base in the scriptue.

What you are teaches has his base in human mind, but not in Gods word!

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
I agree that there is sickness in the world and people become ill. BUT. The words we tell ourselves are so powerful that they can prevent and cure many of our ills, and negative words can bring on illness. Filling our life with the thoughts God asks us to have produces within us the person who is productive, joyful, and able. In this way we can say that we can change reality even to bring on prosperity.
This is magic thinking, but not what the bible says.

Jul 23, 2018
I was addressing the fact that she said I misquoted the intent of the scripture. Then she gave some reference in Proverbs, I never used, to prove it. I am saying the interpretation of my scripture came from divine guidance. There may be multifaceted interpretation for any scripture as long as we don't limit ourselves to one. My statement may seems to be pretentious unless you look at what I was addressing. We both could have been right with different interpretations. Does that clear it up? :cool:
Wow.
That is my experience to a T.
He has spoken into my spirit verses that are slightly different. Same,and yet in a parallel.
One example is " whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven"
He said to me personally "whatever you allow on earth will be allowed in heaven"

Once we find out who we are and what we are,the crossroads manifest.

Jul 23, 2018
What you are teaching is posetive thinking. This has nothing to do with Gods word. You use Gods word for to support this wrong teaching.

What sense makes it if I know i am not sick, becausevyou told me this. But i am suffering with a sickness which is painful and will lead me to death.

Real hope is that Jesus pays for my sin, and because I trust in him I will be with him in eternity. This has his base in the scriptue.

He is invoking verses you are unaware of.
That realm requires knowledge of the BIBLE.
He is aligning himself with the word.
It is different than positive thinking,it is going past the mental.

Jul 23, 2018

Jesus said healing is the childrens bread.
For every verse you can find against healing,there are 10 in favor.
No contest.
Healing is part of our portion.
It BELONGS to us.
It is seen first when moses put the brass serpent on a pole .
That was a type of Jesus.
Healing by faith thousands of years before Jesus' advent.
Then what? A hundred or so healing verses in the nt.?

Jul 23, 2018
If you want to know why Jesus healed and did the miracles read John 20, 29 -30. And he did far more then it is written that he is the Messajah.

What is written in Matth. 8,17 ( and at this time he was not cruzifeyed) reminds me to acts 2 where Peter told it is the fullfilling of Joel 2.
But if you read Joel and realize the context them you see that Israel is living at the time of acts 2 not in peace like Joel 2 said. Also not the whole nation of Israel has not the abilitys which are described in the Joel 2. So acts 2 is in partfullfillment of Joel 2, while the whole fullfilment will take place in the future of the nation israel.

If Matt. 8. 17 is meant a physical healing which is available for every believer. Why then it was nessasarry
that the Holy Spirit after Pentecost was giving the gift of healing?
Why we find no single word from Paul ore the other writers for the new church according this issue?
What we find in James is, that sick people should go to the eldest of the church.
This would not be nesassarry, if your teaching would be right.
Also we cant find this teaching during the churchhistorie, till some charismatics came up with this teaching.
And the reality proofes that this doctrine is false.
In Matth 8, 16 we read that all who came to Jesus where healed. Where we find this today?
Yes, Jesus heales today, too. No question. But not all who comes to Him. He saves all who comes to him for eternity, but he heals not all physically who comes to Him. And this i find in the scripture. But I cant find your teaching in the scripture.
You are aligning yourself.
Aligning outside of faith.

We find in the bible what stops the King. It aint demons,it aint God.
What stops the King in his tracks?

Us. We do it. We do it through unbelief.

Remember,he could do no miracles in his hometown.
THEY DID IT. THEY DID IT THROUGH UNBELIEF.

We have to line up with Gods word.

Healing is already ours. What it takes to get folks into that realm is like an act of congress.
Instead of hunger to line up and become who we are ment to be,we sit back with a burger and fries,and tirelessly find verses to free us from stepping into our true calling and purpose.
The great comission.
" NOW GO! Heal the sick!!!! RAISE THE DEAD!!!! CAST OUT DEMONS!!!! "

"THEY WILL PERSECUTE YOU!!!! THEY WILL MOCK YOU!!!! "

they will?

"YES THEY WILL"

Tell me Jesus. Who are you speaking of?

"THE SAME ONES THAT DID IT TO ME"

nothing ever changes. It is always the same.

So what are we waiting for?????
Why not catch fire,become a fireball for Jesus , and let him throw us out into the hurting world and burn up the devil and all his mess in this world????? ......for my bible says " ....for this reason was the son of God manifest,to DESTROY THE WORKS OF THE DEVIL"
wooooo .....hooooooooo

Go for it.

( just preaching to myself)
( pardon me)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Jesus could do no miracles in certain places because of unbelief. Not his unbelief but the peoples unbelief.

Ok using one example...say God shows you that you needs a car for ministry, you lay your hands on one and its yours. Only if the dealership believes too that its yours and will give you it right away for free.

Lets have a look in the Bible..God got the angel to tell Mary that she was going to have a baby, by the holy ghost. Mary believed, she said be it so according to thy word. And guess what it happened. praise the Lord for Mary's belief and obedience.

But when the angel told Zachariah previously that his wife was going to have a son in her old age he questioned the angel, and for his unbelief or rudeness to the angel he was rendered mute until John was born. Everyone thought that the baby was going to be named Zachariah junior after his dad but what finally got zechariah talking and the first words out of his mouth were what the angel had said his name will be John.

What does this tell us...agree and believe what God says, and it will happen. GOd will change your reality.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014

Healing is already ours. What it takes to get folks into that realm is like an act of congress.
Instead of hunger to line up and become who we are ment to be,we sit back with a burger and fries,and tirelessly find verses to free us from stepping into our true calling and purpose.
The great comission.

they will?

"YES THEY WILL"

Why not catch fire,become a fireball for Jesus , and let him throw us out into the hurting world and burn up the devil and all his mess in this world????? ......for my bible says " ....for this reason was the son of God manifest,to DESTROY THE WORKS OF THE DEVIL"
wooooo .....hooooooooo

Go for it.

( pardon me)
Then go to all sick believers and tell them you are sick because of your unbelieve.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
I was listening to Robert Tilton a WOF minister on TV and I started criticizing him for his name it and claim it stance. To my surprise, the HS rebuked me. I asked the Spirit if he was preaching truth. The answer: It is none of my business. The Spirit then let me know that the word of God is alive and addresses many on different levels. So the best any of us can claim is: The Spirit has not dealt with me that way. Since then, I leave another's ministry alone lest I trample God's work. ;)
Those who lend an ear to RT turn a deaf one to the Holy Spirit IMO.
Tilton is a infamous fraudster and huckster. Bad news all the way around.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018

The great comission.

they will?

"YES THEY WILL"

wooooo .....hooooooooo

Go for it.

( pardon me)
If you think mere men are inhibiting Gods purposes, think again. God could instantaneously incinerate evil men like he did to Nadab and Abihu.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
If you think mere men are inhibiting Gods purposes, think again. God could instantaneously incinerate evil men like he did to Nadab and Abihu.
True but also God is patient and willing to wait for people to repent too. Well His son is.

Thats mercy.

And then theres also grace. GOd does have mercy on whom He chooses so sometimes its not really up to us. But we can petition God just like Abraham wanted God to spare Lots life. God could have actually not told Abraham that he was going to destroy sodom and Gomorrah.