Can I change reality with my words?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 23, 2018
Many are willing to claim blessings and good health and wealth.

How many are willing to suffer, be beaten, enslaved, be homeless and penniless for God's sake?

Wide is the road to hell and narrow is the way to heaven.

Do you follow Jesus and are willing to die upon a cross?

Or are you just an adulterer?
Resurrection life begins at death.
It is life out of death.
Jesus came to give life. Abundant life.
Death is a beginning,not an end.
If I preach death and leave out life,my message is morbid

Jul 23, 2018
Exactly...the highlight should be about us abiding in God...

Then we will desire God's will and He will grant us the desires of our heart.

However if a person's heart does not abide on God and His will, then the Bible calls the person double-minded and adulterer with the world

How many people are cheating on God and calling themselves holy and righteous?
You keep bringing up all the " what ifs"
Your investment is there,your focus is there,and therefore your faith is there.

Some beleivers are called into the healing ministry. Anyone in that calling,once they answer,and then step into it,they must settle 1)who they are.2) what Jesus did 3) that some are healed right away,others have roadblocks.
Faith becomes paramont.
Without faith,without that "knower" abiding deep within,we won't see much.
Therefore we don't see much.
A man of faith,is basically a clown to be mocked by nominal powerless believers.
That is so true today and the ENTIRE CROWD surrounding David.
He was the man of faith and power.
A deliverer.
Sickness,disease,death,imbalances,loss of limbs,blindness,mental issues,ALL giants.
Giants recieve only one attitude.
" why are you so afraid of these giants? They fall like all the others.

Some are called to fight.
Some shut their ears to the call,and ease their decision by convincing themselves Goliath will have to go down if it is Gods will.

Faint hearted beleivers need not apply.
The Davids answer the call.

David used the prophetic. He knew what he was doing and Gods power was more real than the entire hebrew army.
Fellow beleivers are the watchers. Those surrounding David.
They want to stop the Davids.
They can't.

Jul 23, 2018
When we pray we don't change the world...God changes how we see and feel about what He is doing in it

Thus our reality changes to be closer to God's truth instead of the lies of this world.
Except that your reality dismisses the healing obtained as part of the covenant.
Thats the problem with the church.....all those false "realities".

Jul 23, 2018
No I don't see these bodies as eternal. God has miraculously healed many people I know of physical illness. They continue to do God's work.

However the focus is not on the miracles but on the ability of His children to carry the Gospel to others. The focus is on loving and being a light unto the world no matter what state you are in, be content for God has given you all you need to live a godly life now. Be thankful and praise God always.
Your last sentence is a problem.
"When the devil kicks our butt ignore it and look to God, just rejoice!"

We are overcome by what we settle for.

Every bondage has an exit door. The Holy Spirit has the Key and the sword to decapitate every giant.
None will stand .
But some will. (Those WE ALLOW)

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
All those around David were deceived.

Its like you see God standing in honor and power,and backing up his word and men as deception.
You see his power as long gone,a thing of stories and past victories.
This is not true. Otherwise I would not be a christian.
But i cant find such a teaching in the bible. That everybody is able to change reality with his words.
Thats magical thinking.
Gods word changes, when God is working through his Spirit. He is the Changer, not we.
If you were right, then the worlds reality looks like better then we have today.

But maby it should be clarified what the OP means.
As James says, with our tongue we can destroy and can build up.
But I suppose this is not meant from the OP.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
Moses was 120 years old when he died, yet his eyesight was clear, and he was as strong as ever.

Do you know you can die without sickness? :)
Yes, and dieing witout sickness has nothing to do with faith. Even nonbelievers can die without sickness.

AgapeShellArt

Nov 21, 2018
Except that your reality dismisses the healing obtained as part of the covenant.
Thats the problem with the church.....all those false "realities".
Your reality tells you lies about what I believe...

That's the problem with people who are not honest with what the Bible says.

They see no problem with lying about anything else.

AgapeShellArt

Nov 21, 2018
Yes, and dieing witout sickness has nothing to do with faith. Even nonbelievers can die without sickness.
Yeah and the Bible says that Satan comes as an angel of light....

Satan gives false promises about health and wealth. He even quoted the Bible when he tried to tempt Jesus. Is it any wonder his ministers do the same today?

Jesus said PICK UP YOUR CROSS AND FOLLOW ME.

WILL PEOPLE choose to follow Jesus or seek their own selfish desires and comfort?

I wonder what do they tell themselves when they get sick, these false ministers who lie about God and His promises?

AgapeShellArt

Nov 21, 2018
Matthew 4

5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6 “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’[c]”

7 Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’[d]”

AgapeShellArt

Nov 21, 2018
Psalm 91

10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Now we have people preaching falsely that God promises that you never get sick if you have enough faith. Undermining some faith that God loves them if they get sick and don't get healed.

But look at the passage Satan quoted to to Jesus to tempt him to jump off a high place...just before the verses is the same promise of no plague/ illness entering your dwelling, no evil befalling you.

People need to know the difference between the Old covenant which promises these things and the new covenant Jesus established.
Do you seek these things or will you take up your cross and follow Jesus even if it means suffering in this life?

Do you choose wealth in this life or wealth in the life to come?

AgapeShellArt

Nov 21, 2018
You have a problem with the statement "Be thankful and praise God always"?

It's based off the Bible verse Phil 4:11

Philippians 4
4Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. 5Let your reasonablenessd be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; 6do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 9What you have learnede and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

God’s Provision

10I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at length you have revived your concern for me. You were indeed concerned for me, but you had no opportunity. 11Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. 12I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. 13I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

Anyone tell me how that gets twisted to this like?

Your last sentence is a problem.
"When the devil kicks our butt ignore it and look to God, just rejoice!"
God never kicks my butt because I have victory in Christ.

He may try and torture and beat me up but I will look to God for His salvation and deliverance.

He has never failed to send His angels to rescue me from demonic oppression.

You don't know me and I have no need to defend myself, but I will not allow lies to stand uncontested.

AgapeShellArt

Nov 21, 2018
Resurrection life begins at death.
It is life out of death.
Jesus came to give life. Abundant life.
Death is a beginning,not an end.
If I preach death and leave out life,my message is morbid
If you seek to have your treasure and kingdom in this world and in this life, then in the life to come you will be a pauper and risk hearing Jesus saying to you "Depart from me for I never knew you, you workers of iniquity"

AgapeShellArt

Nov 21, 2018
So you will know a little of who I am.

I see myself as a lowly servant of God, made worthy only because of God's grace. yet I have been blessed to see angels upon the clouds. It rained for four days after my baptism, so much so that the local schools closed on Thursday because of the flooding. Yet no one died and my faith that God does answer prayers was strengthen.

I have been commissioned as a Stephen minister by my church of over 150 and am part of our intercessory prayer team.

I have seen people healed by God more times then I can count. Not only of physical illness but also spiritual and emotional oppression.

I say this not to boast, but to stand against the lies people try and use to dismiss my words.

I spend most of my day in prayer, praise and Thanksgiving of the many blessings God has already given me and continues to give me each day I don't ignore Satan but I don't focus on him.

Instead I do as God calls me and help those hurt and suffering to heal and trust more fully in God's love

It is who God has made me to be. Thanks and glory be to God on high always.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
You keep bringing up all the " what ifs"
Your investment is there,your focus is there,and therefore your faith is there.

Some beleivers are called into the healing ministry. Anyone in that calling,once they answer,and then step into it,they must settle 1)who they are.2) what Jesus did 3) that some are healed right away,others have roadblocks.
Faith becomes paramont.
Without faith,without that "knower" abiding deep within,we won't see much.
Therefore we don't see much.
A man of faith,is basically a clown to be mocked by nominal powerless believers.
That is so true today and the ENTIRE CROWD surrounding David.
He was the man of faith and power.
A deliverer.
Sickness,disease,death,imbalances,loss of limbs,blindness,mental issues,ALL giants.
Giants recieve only one attitude.
" why are you so afraid of these giants? They fall like all the others.

Some are called to fight.
Some shut their ears to the call,and ease their decision by convincing themselves Goliath will have to go down if it is Gods will.

Faint hearted beleivers need not apply.
The Davids answer the call.

David used the prophetic. He knew what he was doing and Gods power was more real than the entire hebrew army.
Fellow beleivers are the watchers. Those surrounding David.
They want to stop the Davids.
They can't.
To follow Jesus has in first step nothing to do with David.
Many languages today are even have not an in their language translatet OT.
They dont know much about David.

I work since more then 30 years in hospital. What i observe is that people who nevr fall sick, have very less patient and very less understanding for sick people. ( for to notice that i dont need to work in hospital)
And i find this often among christians who are have good health. The have no empathy for sick brothers and sisters.
Maby because of such false teaching which suggest that the sick person is responsible for his own health. And if he has any sickness ore disease than he has not enough faith, otherwise he would have good health.
This is a false teaching.
You mentioned healthministrie.
Is this according James 5 not in the hands of the eldest in the church?
It wonders me that this is very rarely practised in the churches.

AgapeShellArt

Nov 21, 2018
To follow Jesus has in first step nothing to do with David.
Many languages today are even have not an in their language translatet OT.
They dont know much about David.

I work since more then 30 years in hospital. What i observe is that people who nevr fall sick, have very less patient and very less understanding for sick people. ( for to notice that i dont need to work in hospital)
And i find this often among christians who are have good health. The have no empathy for sick brothers and sisters.
Maby because of such false teaching which suggest that the sick person is responsible for his own health. And if he has any sickness ore disease than he has not enough faith, otherwise he would have good health.
This is a false teaching.
You mentioned healthministrie.
Is this according James 5 not in the hands of the eldest in the church?
It wonders me that this is very rarely practised in the churches.
We lay hands and pray over sick people, some are healed and some are called home to God.

Concerning David, people often forget what he actually says and thinks David kill the giant by himself with his sling. They don't see the angel army that surrounded him any more the Elisha's disciple did.

People think David slayed Goliath but if people actually read the Bible. David says God will slay and defeat the giant.

1 Samuel 17

45 David said to the Philistine, “You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. 46 This day the LORD will deliver you into my hands, and I’ll strike you down and cut off your head. This very day I will give the carcasses of the Philistine army to the birds and the wild animals, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel. 47 All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the LORD saves; for the battle is the LORD’s, and he will give all of you into our hands.”

Feb 28, 2016
it's really not so much our 'willing of suffering', but
our expectation of it...

Jul 23, 2018
If you seek to have your treasure and kingdom in this world and in this life, then in the life to come you will be a pauper and risk hearing Jesus saying to you "Depart from me for I never knew you, you workers of iniquity"
Jesus said " i came that they might have life and that more abundantly"
"For this reason was the son of God manifested,that he DESTROY the works of the devil"
"....thy will be done ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN"
(No sickness,or poverty in heaven)

"I would that you prosper even as your soul prospers"

"Give and it shall be given unto you good messure,pressed down,shaken together,and running over, SHALL MEN GIVE UNTO YOU"
"There is not one of you that shall give up wealth family homes etc,that shall not recieve an hundred fold return in this lifetime" (my paraphrase off the top of my head)

And many more verses.

You are correct that the bad comes also to many of us.

You are stuck on the bad.

Jul 23, 2018
We lay hands and pray over sick people, some are healed and some are called home to God.

Concerning David, people often forget what he actually says and thinks David kill the giant by himself with his sling. They don't see the angel army that surrounded him any more the Elisha's disciple did.

People think David slayed Goliath but if people actually read the Bible. David says God will slay and defeat the giant.

1 Samuel 17

45 David said to the Philistine, “You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. 46 This day the LORD will deliver you into my hands, and I’ll strike you down and cut off your head. This very day I will give the carcasses of the Philistine army to the birds and the wild animals, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel. 47 All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the LORD saves; for the battle is the LORD’s, and he will give all of you into our hands.”
Of course God did it.
Noby believes David did it all on his own......nobody
No brainer

Jul 23, 2018
You have a problem with the statement "Be thankful and praise God always"?

It's based off the Bible verse Phil 4:11

Philippians 4
4Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. 5Let your reasonablenessd be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; 6do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 9What you have learnede and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

God’s Provision

10I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at length you have revived your concern for me. You were indeed concerned for me, but you had no opportunity. 11Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. 12I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. 13I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

Anyone tell me how that gets twisted to this like?

God never kicks my butt because I have victory in Christ.

He may try and torture and beat me up but I will look to God for His salvation and deliverance.

He has never failed to send His angels to rescue me from demonic oppression.

You don't know me and I have no need to defend myself, but I will not allow lies to stand uncontested.
Nobody is lying about you.
I may not know every detail about you,even misread you,but that is not lying.

Pointing out error is not slander or lying.