Can I change reality with my words?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 23, 2018
it's really not so much our 'willing of suffering', but
our expectation of it...
Pain is inevitable.
We all get enough to go around.
The baptism in the Holy Spirit was given to help us,and to give Jesus and his power to others.
We need the Holy Spirit,and His joy no matter what we go through

Jul 23, 2018
Psalm 91

10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Now we have people preaching falsely that God promises that you never get sick if you have enough faith. Undermining some faith that God loves them if they get sick and don't get healed.

But look at the passage Satan quoted to to Jesus to tempt him to jump off a high place...just before the verses is the same promise of no plague/ illness entering your dwelling, no evil befalling you.

People need to know the difference between the Old covenant which promises these things and the new covenant Jesus established.
Do you seek these things or will you take up your cross and follow Jesus even if it means suffering in this life?

Do you choose wealth in this life or wealth in the life to come?
A man was in line waiting to depart the ship with the other passengers. He boasted. " i was so smart i stayed in my cabin and ate cheeses and crackers these 5 days,and saved tons of money"

They laughed " You saved nothing only missed out on the 3 lovely FREE meals everyday....they were part of the price of the ticket"

Jul 23, 2018
If you seek to have your treasure and kingdom in this world and in this life, then in the life to come you will be a pauper and risk hearing Jesus saying to you "Depart from me for I never knew you, you workers of iniquity"
I can say with Paul " i have learned to abound as well as prosper"

I can understand seasons of lack,and seasons of prosperity,all to HIS glory.

BTW, God uses rich believers to finance missions and many works and churches.

It is not one sided as you are depicting

Jul 23, 2018
You have a problem with the statement "Be thankful and praise God always"?

It's based off the Bible verse Phil 4:11

Philippians 4
4Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. 5Let your reasonablenessd be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; 6do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 9What you have learnede and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

God’s Provision

10I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at length you have revived your concern for me. You were indeed concerned for me, but you had no opportunity. 11Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. 12I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. 13I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

Anyone tell me how that gets twisted to this like?

God never kicks my butt because I have victory in Christ.

He may try and torture and beat me up but I will look to God for His salvation and deliverance.

He has never failed to send His angels to rescue me from demonic oppression.

You don't know me and I have no need to defend myself, but I will not allow lies to stand uncontested.
"God never kicks my butt because I have victory in Christ."

Lol
I never implied that.
Reread my post. I said the devil does,not God.
We tend to put up with what we allow.
Then in the attacks,we invoke matt 18:18,19
Victory is sure.
That was my point.
Victory,through understanding authority,abundant life,prosperty,Gods favor,etc.

I can be broke and happy
I can be poor and happy.
I can abound and be happy
Both components are seasonal in my life.

Enjoy the ride in both seasons.
I am self employed. This time of year is brutal. No income. It feels weird.
Life in Christ is focus,not cause and effect.

Jul 23, 2018
Yeah and the Bible says that Satan comes as an angel of light....

Satan gives false promises about health and wealth. He even quoted the Bible when he tried to tempt Jesus. Is it any wonder his ministers do the same today?

Jesus said PICK UP YOUR CROSS AND FOLLOW ME.

WILL PEOPLE choose to follow Jesus or seek their own selfish desires and comfort?

I wonder what do they tell themselves when they get sick, these false ministers who lie about God and His promises?
What promises?
The ones that depict devine health?

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Jesus said " i came that they might have life and that more abundantly"
"For this reason was the son of God manifested,that he DESTROY the works of the devil"
"....thy will be done ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN"
(No sickness,or poverty in heaven)

"I would that you prosper even as your soul prospers"

"Give and it shall be given unto you good messure,pressed down,shaken together,and running over, SHALL MEN GIVE UNTO YOU"
"There is not one of you that shall give up wealth family homes etc,that shall not recieve an hundred fold return in this lifetime" (my paraphrase off the top of my head)

And many more verses.

You are correct that the bad comes also to many of us.

You are stuck on the bad.
John 10 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
The Shepherd and His Sheep
10 Jesus said, “It is certainly true that when a man enters the sheep pen, he should use the gate. If he climbs in some other way, he is a robber. He is trying to steal the sheep. 2 But the man who takes care of the sheep enters through the gate. He is the shepherd. 3 The man who guards the gate opens the gate for the shepherd. And the sheep listen to the voice of the shepherd. He calls his own sheep, using their names, and he leads them out. 4 He brings all of his sheep out. Then he goes ahead of them and leads them. The sheep follow him, because they know his voice. 5 But sheep will never follow someone they don’t know. They will run away from him, because they don’t know his voice.”

6 Jesus told the people this story, but they did not understand what it meant.

Jesus Is the Good Shepherd
7 So Jesus said again, “I assure you, I am the gate for the sheep. 8 All those who came before me were thieves and robbers. The sheep did not listen to them. 9 I am the gate. Whoever enters through me will be saved. They will be able to come in and go out. They will find everything they need. 10 A thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy. But I came to give life—life that is full and good.

11 “I am the good shepherd, and the good shepherd gives his life for the sheep. 12 The worker who is paid to keep the sheep is different from the shepherd. The paid worker does not own the sheep. So when he sees a wolf coming, he runs away and leaves the sheep alone. Then the wolf attacks the sheep and scatters them. 13 The man runs away because he is only a paid worker. He does not really care for the sheep.

14-15 “I am the shepherd who cares for the sheep. I know my sheep just as the Father knows me. And my sheep know me just as I know the Father. I give my life for these sheep. 16 I have other sheep too. They are not in this flock here. I must lead them also. They will listen to my voice. In the future there will be one flock and one shepherd.[a] 17 The Father loves me because I give my life. I give my life so that I can get it back again. 18 No one takes my life away from me. I give my own life freely. I have the right to give my life, and I have the right to get it back again. This is what the Father told me.”

19 Again the Jews were divided over what Jesus was saying. 20 Many of them said, “A demon has come into him and made him crazy. Why listen to him?”

21 But others said, “These aren’t the words of someone controlled by a demon. A demon cannot heal the eyes of a blind man.”

The Jewish Leaders Against Jesus
22 It was winter, and the time came for the Festival of Dedication at Jerusalem. 23 Jesus was in the Temple area at Solomon’s Porch. 24 The Jewish leaders gathered around him. They said, “How long will you make us wonder about you? If you are the Messiah, then tell us clearly.”

25 Jesus answered, “I told you already, but you did not believe. I do miracles in my Father’s name. These miracles show who I am. 26 But you do not believe, because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice. I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give my sheep eternal life. They will never die, and no one can take them out of my hand. 29 My Father is the one who gave them to me, and he is greater than all.[c] No one can steal my sheep out of his hand. 30 The Father and I are one.”

31 Again the Jews there picked up stones to kill Jesus. 32 But he said to them, “The many wonderful things you have seen me do are from the Father. Which of these good things are you killing me for?”

33 They answered, “We are not killing you for any good thing you did. But you say things that insult God. You are only a man, but you say you are the same as God! That is why we are trying to kill you!”

34 Jesus answered, “It is written in your law that God said, ‘I said you are gods.’[d] 35 This Scripture called those people gods—the people who received God’s message. And Scripture is always true. 36 So why do you accuse me of insulting God for saying, ‘I am God’s Son’? I am the one God chose and sent into the world. 37 If I don’t do what my Father does, then don’t believe what I say. 38 But if I do what my Father does, you should believe in what I do. You might not believe in me, but you should believe in the things I do. Then you will know and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father.”

39 They tried to get Jesus again, but he escaped from them.

40 Then he went back across the Jordan River to the place where John began his work of baptizing people. Jesus stayed there, 41 and many people came to him. They said, “John never did any miraculous signs, but everything John said about this man is true.” 42 And many people there believed in Jesus.

Psalm 82 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
One of Asaph’s songs of praise.
82 God stands in the assembly of the gods.[a]
He stands as judge among the judges.
2 He says, “How long will you judge unfairly
and show special favors to the wicked?” Selah

3 “Defend the poor and orphans.
Protect the rights of the poor.
4 Help those who are poor and helpless.
Save them from those who are evil.

5 “They don’t know what is happening.
They don’t understand!
They don’t know what they are doing.
Their world is falling down around them!”
6 I, God Most High, say,
“You are gods,[c] my own sons.
7 But you will die as all people must die.
Your life will end like that of any ruler.”

8 Get up, God! You be the judge!
You be the leader over all the nations!

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
"For this reason was the son of God manifested,that he DESTROY the works of the devil"

"Give and it shall be given unto you good messure,pressed down,shaken together,and running over, SHALL MEN GIVE UNTO YOU"
"There is not one of you that shall give up wealth family homes etc,that shall not recieve an hundred fold return in this lifetime" (my paraphrase off the top of my head)

And many more verses.

"There is not one of you that shall give up wealth family homes etc,that shall not recieve an hundred fold return in this lifetime"

what text is this?

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI

And many more verses.

Matthew 16:19 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth is already bound[a] in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth is already loosed in heaven.”

whom was Jesus speaking to in context?

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
"There is not one of you that shall give up wealth family homes etc,that shall not recieve an hundred fold return in this lifetime"

what text is this?
I think the text has become conflated a bit. Here is the closest thing I could find - It is about the rich, and how hard to enter the Kingdom of God, after talking to the rich young ruler. It is definitively against the need for wealth on earth, and those who follow Jesus will get much more. However it is NOT about getting more wealth, but the riches of the Kingdom of God, for all who follow him! Read it in context! More, it is about eternal life. Nothing to do with wealth. I had no idea anyone believed that they could command riches for themselves anymore. I thought even Word Faith had moved away from that incredibly wrong and self-8centred interpretation of the Kingdom of God. Well, it takes all types, I guess! Some who read the Bible for themselves, and others who depend on false prophets and Word Faith teachers!

"Now a certain ruler asked him, “Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?” 19 Jesus said to him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone. 20 You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery, do not murder, do not steal, do not give false testimony, honor your father and mother.’” 21 The man replied, “I have wholeheartedly obeyed all these laws since my youth.” 22 When Jesus heard this, he said to him, “One thing you still lack. Sell all that you have and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” 23 But when the man heard this he became very sad, for he was extremely wealthy. 24 When Jesus noticed this, he said, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God! 25 In fact, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.” 26 Those who heard this said, “Then who can be saved?” 27 He replied, “What is impossible for mere humans is possible for God.” 28 And Peter said, “Look, we have left everything we own to follow you!” 29 Then Jesus said to them, “I tell you the truth, there is no one who has left home or wife or brothers or parents or children for the sake of God’s kingdom 30 who will not receive many times more in this age—and in the age to come, eternal life.” Luke 18: 18-30 NET

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
I think the text has become conflated a bit. Here is the closest thing I could find - It is about the rich, and how hard to enter the Kingdom of God, after talking to the rich young ruler. It is definitively against the need for wealth on earth, and those who follow Jesus will get much more. However it is NOT about getting more wealth, but the riches of the Kingdom of God, for all who follow him! Read it in context! More, it is about eternal life. Nothing to do with wealth. I had no idea anyone believed that they could command riches for themselves anymore. I thought even Word Faith had moved away from that incredibly wrong and self-8centred interpretation of the Kingdom of God. Well, it takes all types, I guess! Some who read the Bible for themselves, and others who depend on false prophets and Word Faith teachers!

"Now a certain ruler asked him, “Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?” 19 Jesus said to him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone. 20 You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery, do not murder, do not steal, do not give false testimony, honor your father and mother.’” 21 The man replied, “I have wholeheartedly obeyed all these laws since my youth.” 22 When Jesus heard this, he said to him, “One thing you still lack. Sell all that you have and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” 23 But when the man heard this he became very sad, for he was extremely wealthy. 24 When Jesus noticed this, he said, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God! 25 In fact, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.” 26 Those who heard this said, “Then who can be saved?” 27 He replied, “What is impossible for mere humans is possible for God.” 28 And Peter said, “Look, we have left everything we own to follow you!” 29 Then Jesus said to them, “I tell you the truth, there is no one who has left home or wife or brothers or parents or children for the sake of God’s kingdom 30 who will not receive many times more in this age—and in the age to come, eternal life.” Luke 18: 18-30 NET
huh???

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
"God never kicks my butt because I have victory in Christ."

Lol
I never implied that.
Reread my post. I said the devil does,not God.
We tend to put up with what we allow.
Then in the attacks,we invoke matt 18:18,19
Victory is sure.
That was my point.
Victory,through understanding authority,abundant life,prosperty,Gods favor,etc.

I can be broke and happy
I can be poor and happy.
I can abound and be happy
Both components are seasonal in my life.

Enjoy the ride in both seasons.
I am self employed. This time of year is brutal. No income. It feels weird.
Life in Christ is focus,not cause and effect.

Matthew 18 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
Who Is the Greatest?
18 At that time[a] the disciples came to Jesus and said, “Who is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”

2 Then He called a child to Him and had him stand among them. 3 “I assure you,” He said, “unless you are converted and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child—this one is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 And whoever welcomes[c] one child like this in My name welcomes Me.

6 “But whoever causes the downfall of one of these little ones who believe in Me—it would be better for him if a heavy millstone[d] were hung around his neck and he were drowned in the depths of the sea! 7 Woe to the world because of offenses. For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes. 8 If your hand or your foot causes your downfall, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or lame, than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into the eternal fire. 9 And if your eye causes your downfall, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye, rather than to have two eyes and be thrown into hellfire![e]

The Parable of the Lost Sheep
10 “See that you don’t look down on one of these little ones, because I tell you that in heaven their angels continually view the face of My Father in heaven. [11 For the Son of Man has come to save the lost.][f] 12 What do you think? If a man has 100 sheep, and one of them goes astray, won’t he leave the 99 on the hillside and go and search for the stray? 13 And if he finds it, I assure you: He rejoices over that sheep[g] more than over the 99 that did not go astray. 14 In the same way, it is not the will of your Father in heaven that one of these little ones perish.

Restoring a Brother
15 “If your brother sins against you,[h] go and rebuke him in private. If he listens to you, you have won your brother. 16 But if he won’t listen, take one or two more with you, so that by the testimony[j] of two or three witnesses every fact may be established.[k] 17 If he pays no attention to them, tell the church.[l] But if he doesn’t pay attention even to the church, let him be like an unbeliever[m] and a tax collector to you. 18 I assure you: Whatever you bind on earth is already bound[n] in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth is already loosed[o] in heaven. 19 Again, I assure you: If two of you on earth agree about any matter that you[p] pray for, it will be done for you[q] by My Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there among them.”

The Parable of the Unforgiving Slave
21 Then Peter came to Him and said, “Lord, how many times could my brother sin against me and I forgive him? As many as seven times?”

22 “I tell you, not as many as seven,” Jesus said to him, “but 70 times seven.[r] 23 For this reason, the kingdom of heaven can be compared to a king who wanted to settle accounts with his slaves. 24 When he began to settle accounts, one who owed 10,000 talents was brought before him. 25 Since he had no way to pay it back, his master commanded that he, his wife, his children, and everything he had be sold to pay the debt.

26 “At this, the slave fell facedown before him and said, ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay you everything!’ 27 Then the master of that slave had compassion, released him, and forgave him the loan.

28 “But that slave went out and found one of his fellow slaves who owed him 100 denarii.[t] He grabbed him, started choking him, and said, ‘Pay what you owe!’

29 “At this, his fellow slave fell down and began begging him, ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay you back.’ 30 But he wasn’t willing. On the contrary, he went and threw him into prison until he could pay what was owed. 31 When the other slaves saw what had taken place, they were deeply distressed and went and reported to their master everything that had happened.

32 “Then, after he had summoned him, his master said to him, ‘You wicked slave! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me. 33 Shouldn’t you also have had mercy on your fellow slave, as I had mercy on you?’ 34 And his master got angry and handed him over to the jailers to be tortured until he could pay everything that was owed. 35 So My heavenly Father will also do to you if each of you does not forgive his brother[v] from his[w] heart.”

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sou...aw21lmQc7VOlUztxK8t9G-Sl&ust=1551228949620358

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Matthew 18 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
Who Is the Greatest?
18 At that time[a] the disciples came to Jesus and said, “Who is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”

2 Then He called a child to Him and had him stand among them. 3 “I assure you,” He said, “unless you are converted and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child—this one is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 And whoever welcomes[c] one child like this in My name welcomes Me.

6 “But whoever causes the downfall of one of these little ones who believe in Me—it would be better for him if a heavy millstone[d] were hung around his neck and he were drowned in the depths of the sea! 7 Woe to the world because of offenses. For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes. 8 If your hand or your foot causes your downfall, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or lame, than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into the eternal fire. 9 And if your eye causes your downfall, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye, rather than to have two eyes and be thrown into hellfire![e]

The Parable of the Lost Sheep
10 “See that you don’t look down on one of these little ones, because I tell you that in heaven their angels continually view the face of My Father in heaven. [11 For the Son of Man has come to save the lost.][f] 12 What do you think? If a man has 100 sheep, and one of them goes astray, won’t he leave the 99 on the hillside and go and search for the stray? 13 And if he finds it, I assure you: He rejoices over that sheep[g] more than over the 99 that did not go astray. 14 In the same way, it is not the will of your Father in heaven that one of these little ones perish.

Restoring a Brother
15 “If your brother sins against you,[h] go and rebuke him in private. If he listens to you, you have won your brother. 16 But if he won’t listen, take one or two more with you, so that by the testimony[j] of two or three witnesses every fact may be established.[k] 17 If he pays no attention to them, tell the church.[l] But if he doesn’t pay attention even to the church, let him be like an unbeliever[m] and a tax collector to you. 18 I assure you: Whatever you bind on earth is already bound[n] in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth is already loosed[o] in heaven. 19 Again, I assure you: If two of you on earth agree about any matter that you[p] pray for, it will be done for you[q] by My Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there among them.”

The Parable of the Unforgiving Slave
21 Then Peter came to Him and said, “Lord, how many times could my brother sin against me and I forgive him? As many as seven times?”

22 “I tell you, not as many as seven,” Jesus said to him, “but 70 times seven.[r] 23 For this reason, the kingdom of heaven can be compared to a king who wanted to settle accounts with his slaves. 24 When he began to settle accounts, one who owed 10,000 talents was brought before him. 25 Since he had no way to pay it back, his master commanded that he, his wife, his children, and everything he had be sold to pay the debt.

26 “At this, the slave fell facedown before him and said, ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay you everything!’ 27 Then the master of that slave had compassion, released him, and forgave him the loan.

28 “But that slave went out and found one of his fellow slaves who owed him 100 denarii.[t] He grabbed him, started choking him, and said, ‘Pay what you owe!’

29 “At this, his fellow slave fell down and began begging him, ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay you back.’ 30 But he wasn’t willing. On the contrary, he went and threw him into prison until he could pay what was owed. 31 When the other slaves saw what had taken place, they were deeply distressed and went and reported to their master everything that had happened.

32 “Then, after he had summoned him, his master said to him, ‘You wicked slave! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me. 33 Shouldn’t you also have had mercy on your fellow slave, as I had mercy on you?’ 34 And his master got angry and handed him over to the jailers to be tortured until he could pay everything that was owed. 35 So My heavenly Father will also do to you if each of you does not forgive his brother[v] from his[w] heart.”

Matthew 18 in context is addressed to the Apostles, Disciples of the inner 12. Matthew 18:18-19 relates to Church Discipline, not the devil or Satan.

AgapeShellArt

Nov 21, 2018

And many more verses.

I noticed how you changed Jesus words to "in this lifetime" instead of looking to the eternal you are stuck to the false beliefs that your paraphrasing Revels.

Matthew 19
28Jesus said to them, “Truly, I say to you, in the new world,b when the Son of Man will sit on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands, for my name’s sake, will receive a hundredfoldc and will inherit eternal life. 30But many who are first will be last, and the last first.

The Bible clearly says IN tHE NEW WORLD, YET you continue to claim it's "in this lifetime"

If God's words can't convince you of your errors, my words will fall on deaf ears.

AgapeShellArt

Nov 21, 2018
A man was in line waiting to depart the ship with the other passengers. He boasted. " i was so smart i stayed in my cabin and ate cheeses and crackers these 5 days,and saved tons of money"

They laughed " You saved nothing only missed out on the 3 lovely FREE meals everyday....they were part of the price of the ticket"
You still paying for your "ticket" to heaven?

As I said if he is paying to board the ship at all then his destination isn't heaven, because if it was he would know Jesus paid the price not only for the meals but for the whole trip.

Therefore your analogy is flawed.

AgapeShellArt

Nov 21, 2018
I can say with Paul " i have learned to abound as well as prosper"

I can understand seasons of lack,and seasons of prosperity,all to HIS glory.

BTW, God uses rich believers to finance missions and many works and churches.

It is not one sided as you are depicting
I never depicted it as one sided. It's how you view it.

"Rich believers" I believe we have a different definition of that for we value different things concerning riches.

When you say rich you refer to money and yes God has entrusted some believers with monetary wealth in this world.

However true wealth is found in the blessings and gifts of the holy Spirit.

Rich believers are those full of love and compassion. My hope is all God's children are rich in that manner.

PS I may have typos but the meaning is clear for most of my posts. It's just I would rather think of God than Satan.

AgapeShellArt

Nov 21, 2018
Psalm 91

10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Now we have people preaching falsely that God promises that you never get sick if you have enough faith. Undermining some faith that God loves them if they get sick and don't get healed.

But look at the passage Satan quoted to to Jesus to tempt him to jump off a high place...just before the verses is the same promise of no plague/ illness entering your dwelling, no evil befalling you.

People need to know the difference between the Old covenant which promises these things and the new covenant Jesus established.
Do you seek these things or will you take up your cross and follow Jesus even if it means suffering in this life?

Do you choose wealth in this life or wealth in the life to come?
Noticed you didn't respond to this post.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
I noticed how you changed Jesus words to "in this lifetime" instead of looking to the eternal you are stuck to the false beliefs that your paraphrasing Revels.

Matthew 19
28Jesus said to them, “Truly, I say to you, in the new world,b when the Son of Man will sit on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands, for my name’s sake, will receive a hundredfoldc and will inherit eternal life. 30But many who are first will be last, and the last first.

The Bible clearly says IN tHE NEW WORLD, YET you continue to claim it's "in this lifetime"

If God's words can't convince you of your errors, my words will fall on deaf ears.

John 10 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
The Shepherd and His Sheep
10 Jesus said, “It is certainly true that when a man enters the sheep pen, he should use the gate. If he climbs in some other way, he is a robber. He is trying to steal the sheep. 2 But the man who takes care of the sheep enters through the gate. He is the shepherd. 3 The man who guards the gate opens the gate for the shepherd. And the sheep listen to the voice of the shepherd. He calls his own sheep, using their names, and he leads them out. 4 He brings all of his sheep out. Then he goes ahead of them and leads them. The sheep follow him, because they know his voice. 5 But sheep will never follow someone they don’t know. They will run away from him, because they don’t know his voice.”

6 Jesus told the people this story, but they did not understand what it meant.

Jesus Is the Good Shepherd
7 So Jesus said again, “I assure you, I am the gate for the sheep. 8 All those who came before me were thieves and robbers. The sheep did not listen to them. 9 I am the gate. Whoever enters through me will be saved. They will be able to come in and go out. They will find everything they need. 10 A thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy. But I came to give life—life that is full and good.

11 “I am the good shepherd, and the good shepherd gives his life for the sheep. 12 The worker who is paid to keep the sheep is different from the shepherd. The paid worker does not own the sheep. So when he sees a wolf coming, he runs away and leaves the sheep alone. Then the wolf attacks the sheep and scatters them. 13 The man runs away because he is only a paid worker. He does not really care for the sheep.

14-15 “I am the shepherd who cares for the sheep. I know my sheep just as the Father knows me. And my sheep know me just as I know the Father. I give my life for these sheep. 16 I have other sheep too. They are not in this flock here. I must lead them also. They will listen to my voice. In the future there will be one flock and one shepherd.[a] 17 The Father loves me because I give my life. I give my life so that I can get it back again. 18 No one takes my life away from me. I give my own life freely. I have the right to give my life, and I have the right to get it back again. This is what the Father told me.”

19 Again the Jews were divided over what Jesus was saying. 20 Many of them said, “A demon has come into him and made him crazy. Why listen to him?”

21 But others said, “These aren’t the words of someone controlled by a demon. A demon cannot heal the eyes of a blind man.”

R

Rasputin_OZ

First of all Christ said it to the twelve, not us. They performed other miracles we can’t.
Better Question as to WHY we cant? Is the Holy Spirit no longer giving the Gifts listed in the BIBLE.