Can I change reality with my words?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 15, 2017
You can change reality with your words for if you go out in a rough neighborhood, and badmouth the gang members there I am quite sure you will change reality real fast.

Or if you yell out to 2 cops and say I'll shoot you dead you will change reality.

Or run in Walmart and say I got the cornavirus and I will give it to you all you will change reality.

And so forth and so on, which many people have changed reality with their words for they could not keep their mouth shut, or they were a smart aleck.

So many words, so many butt whippings.

Millions of people have been hurt by other people because of their words, and even some people's words hurt more people than the person that said the words.

It is too numerous to know.

Mar 5, 2020
This video basically summarizes my thoughts on a significant portion of charismatic organizations....it is demonic, and reflects the work of a counterfeit spirit.

2 Cor 11:3 3 But I am afraid that as the serpent deceived Eve by his cunning, your thoughts will be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ. 4For if someone comes and proclaims another Jesus than the one we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or if you accept a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it readily enough

2 Cor 11: 13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 14And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

Those who are excessively interested in spiritual manifestations and doing things like leaving their bodies are most assuredly being seduced by these false teachers.

I also respect Costi Hinn, a nephew of Benny Hinn, who is also involved in exposing individuals like Kenneth Copeland and Bill Johnson.

By the way, Steven Bancarz is apparently associated with the charismatic movement in some way so he isn't totally dismissive of them (which is my tendency). He was a New Age teacher before being saved. John Sampson, the other person, was associated with Kenneth Copeland at one point.

Why am I dismissive of charismatics? Their understanding adds nothing to me. I enjoy studying the Bible and relishing in doctrines like union and identity in Christ, and seeing the shadows and types of the OT. I already know I'm joined with Christ, and I don't need to go looking for emotional experiences to validate my faith. I don't need the sense of power or emotional stimulus that apparently charismatic beliefs give some people.

Someone posted a discussion very recently. They said they are Charismatic and feel attacked and are a victim of a lot of people here. I wonder if you take into consideration that kind of member when you take it upon yourself to condemn untold numbers of people.

Costi Hinn should dedicate time to exposing Benny.

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
Someone posted a discussion very recently. They said they are Charismatic and feel attacked and are a victim of a lot of people here. I wonder if you take into consideration that kind of member when you take it upon yourself to condemn untold numbers of people.

Costi Hinn should dedicate time to exposing Benny.
I don't "condemn" anyone.

Only God can condemn someone. And, for most people, this isn't a salvation issue anyways, unless the person is a Oneness Pentecostal, or claims that man is a "little god" or something like that.

However, I think it's perfectly appropriate to point out doctrinal error in the Church.

The problem is that those who profess Christianity and practice weird things cause the rest of Christians to be ridiculed due to their weird claims. Outsiders would think that all Christians hold these weird beliefs if dissenting Christians do not make their position apparent.

I'm not going to stay silent.

And, besides that, I am afraid you don't realize that those who hold these beliefs actually condemn others. For instance, Bill Johnson says that if anyone says that suffering sometimes serves God's purpose of sanctification in the believers' life, then they are teaching a false gospel. So, the heretics themselves draw the line.

And, various Pentecostal groups claim that if someone doesn't speak in tongues, they aren't real believers, because salvation is always accompanied by speaking in tongues. Or, their claim is that non-tongues speakers are at an inferior level of spiritual growth, because they have not been "baptized in the Spirit" yet.

By the way, one reason (although not the main one) I left my prior church relates to this. The pastor didn't like any comments to be made concerning aberrant theologies within the Church. The association the church belonged to, in essence, was ecumenical. That simply doesn't work out, though, because the one who holds the other theology will attempt to stifle.

I don't really have an issue if someone holds another position on some aspects of charismania, but that isn't where it stops. They insist that others are unbiblical, and loudly voice that position. They are not innocent victims.

Additionally, if their feelings are easily hurt, I would say that being on Christian forums is not the best place to be.

I was a part of a cultic group who openly accused Christians of being false, counterfeit followers of a false Christ. The funny thing is, if anyone pointed out their cultic beliefs, automatically they would play the "victim card" and accuse others of being intolerant. Full well knowing that they considered them to be false believers.

You have the same thing within Christianity. Individuals will make bold, insulting claims about others, and if you challenge them seriously, they automatically play the "victim card".

Costi has written two books to address issues within these circles. He has also done videos and messages. He is excellent.

Here's a few videos:

Anyways, if someone is disturbed by my comments, realize that I am disturbed even more by the effect that bad teachings have on the way non-Christians view the Church, and I am offended by such individuals who think all true believers speak in tongues. I am offended by non-Trinitarians who are not real Christians, but pretend to be real Christians, and that is a factor within professing Christianity.

Feb 28, 2016
'Great Peace have they that Love Thy Law, and
'nothing shall offend them'...