Can I say YHWH?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 25, 2024
when I pray, is it ok for me to say YHWH? I also need insight about Which name to use, I say Father, Jesus, God. Need some biblical insight.

Sep 2, 2024
Father God in Heaven...

xxxxx

In Jesus name,
Amen

Is standard....BUT i say pray from your heart, but insert Jesus somewhere in the prayer.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
when I pray, is it ok for me to say YHWH? I also need insight about Which name to use, I say Father, Jesus, God. Need some biblical insight.
Have you never seen this? After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.... (Mt 6:9,10). We pray to the Father, and there is no need to say any other name.

Oct 24, 2012
By your motive, Father answers or not
We ask we do not get, why?
God sees the intent of each of us as people, we each have intent do we not?
God does just love you too. you can now by the done work of Son for you on that cross to you, enter in God's Courts with thanksgiving and praise. over, so You can now see to be friends, between God and you. Get instructed by God what is best for you to do or not do over man in religion doing this here in this world today, taking Mose's place and not truly letting others see the risen Christ. will not place any preaching on his being risen for you. No, rather on your sins, to get you under Law, to control you and giving them your money over it all. when the risen Christ is the way, the truth and new life offered you too, no one else to be in the way at least this I now see and love all as called as God did first by Son on that cross once for us all

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Have you never seen this? After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.... (Mt 6:9,10). We pray to the Father, and there is no need to say any other name.
“And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, And they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭1:21, 23‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭3:23‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye ( his disciples ) shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:13-14‬ ‭

“But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:12‬ ‭

“But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭8:12‬

“And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word, by stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭4:29-30‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.

And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength. And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭3:6-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And they called them, and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭4:18‬ ‭

“And to him they agreed: and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭5:40‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭16:18‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3:17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭2:38‬ ‭

“giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭5:20-21‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“but these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.”
‭‭John‬ ‭20:31‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭19:17‬ ‭

“And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭6:11‬ ‭

“that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2:10-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭8:29‬ ‭

Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.”
‭‭John‬ ‭10:25‬ ‭

I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:43

“And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full. At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you: for the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God. I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.”
‭‭John‬ ‭16:23-24, 26-28‬ ‭

I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.”
‭‭John‬ ‭17:4-6‬ ‭KJV‬

Oct 1, 2024
Absolutely YES. Anywhere you find the word LORD in the Old Testament you can usually speak the name YWHW or Yahweh. Context applied of course. Do your own research on the substitution of Lord for the name of YWHW, its eye opening. Pray to the Father and He will reveal His Holy Name, it is Yah. And the name of His Son, it is Yahshua

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
Critics of the OT, when they see the different names of God, think that it's not just one writer of each book. So for eg.. Lord, Jehovah, YHWH, Yahweh.. they assume are different writers putting the names in.

What they miss is that each time a different name is used, it is emphasizing a different role of God.

In Genesis you seen Him in His over arching creative force role and then later in personal communication with men. Different names are used to when He does this.