can someone explain why do we christians say Jesus is God himself

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

montana123

Oct 9, 2021
Why do we christians say Jesus is God himself?
Isa 44:8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

Isa 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
Isa 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

God said He is the only God, and He is the only Savior.

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high.

1Ti 6:14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
1Ti 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Act 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

1Jn 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

God is an invisible Spirit that the angels, and people cannot see but He showed a visible manifestation of Himself to Israel, and will show that image to the saints in a glorified body.

Jesus is God manifest in the flesh which means God manifest all His attributes to the man Christ Jesus, and He is the personal human body of God which He glorified that body, and the saints will have the same glorified body.

Since there is only one God then Jesus is God who no person can see, or ever will see, for He is an invisible Spirit, and dwells in the light that no person can approach unto, but He showed a visible image of Himself.

God is an omnipresent Spirit that will not fit in to a human body which is why some people cannot believe Jesus is God but that is the only way we can see God.

Jesus is God manifest in the flesh which means God manifest all His attributes to the man Christ Jesus for He is the fulness of the Godhead bodily, and it pleased the Father that in Him all fulness should dwell, and He has the Spirit without measure.

And the Spirit in the man Christ Jesus is still connected to the omnipresent Spirit of God for He cannot be separated.

Jesus does not have His own Spirit that moves around with Him for there cannot be a double portion of the Spirit in one spot, and an empty space where the Spirit is not at.

But Jesus walks through the Spirit and wherever He is at the Spirit is there the same as the saints.

Jesus is God an omnipresent Spirit that we cannot see but He showed us a visible image of Himself.

God reconciled mankind to Himself in the person of Jesus Christ, God and man in harmony.

Mic 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Jesus is from everlasting which means He has no beginning.

Isa 52:6 Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I.

Joh 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
Joh 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Pro 30:4 Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

Joh 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

Heb 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

Joh 8:57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
Joh 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Jesus is God and the name of the Father, and Son for Jesus came in His Father's name, and inherited the name from the Father.

The Bible says that Jesus is the name that is above all names not only in this world but in the world to come so Jesus has to be the Father's name.

When the Bible says the Son does not know about the second coming, and the Father is greater than Him, it means the man Christ Jesus, which Jesus could speak as God, or as the man Christ Jesus.

Jesus is God for there is only one God, and He is God manifest in the flesh, and also the Bible refers to Him as God in other places.

Jesus receives worship from the angels, and people, which only God can receive worship.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
If this is helpful,
These 3 are 1
Ice = water
Vapour = water
Water = water

These 3 are 1
God is a spirit
Jesus is God manifest in flesh
His Holy Spirit, the comforter.
Yes man is made In his image .

a man isn’t just a body and the man’s spirit isn’t a different or seperate person . god isn’t limited when Christ is born “the son “ is where God is shown on his complete form and understsnding Jesus is the fullness of God in one person

“For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭2:9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

without the son manifest it’s just the father and his holy spirit without being able to know him. But God became one of us so we could know the father and be filled with his holy spirit as his children .

These three aspects of God are describing aspects of one person

“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭28:18-20‬ ‭

before jesus was born father son and holt ghost wasn’t even heard of because the son wasn’t yet born who would make the true god known there was a set time when the son would come forth fulfilling prophecy and revealing the Gid of Israel to all nations that’s what the gospel is doing . Before he was born

“For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:7‬ ‭

But after Jesus was born in the flesh the fullness of Godhead can be known father son and Holy Ghost in one person bodily

“If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

….At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father,

and ye in me,

and I in you.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:7-10, 20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Gods pla. Requires a perfect man to intercede and save mankind there wasn’t a perfect man to be found so he stepped into this world and became the perfect man to intercede and advocate we needed Jesus to do what he did or we could never have been saved from death God became what we needed that’s who Jesus is the perfect exwmple ofnwho we are meant to be sons and daughters of God

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Psalm 62:1-2; Acts 4:12
Thank you for the inspiration .:)

awelight

Aug 10, 2020
i asked this question because in the bible it says only God knows when he will send Jesus back to earth for the rapture even Jesus doesn't know the time. So if Jesus is God why doesn't he know the time of the rapture?
This is a difficult subject to get your head wrapped around.

FIRST - One must believe that God is Triune. Three distinct persons encompassing one God. Three distinct persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. One in essence: God. The Father is God - The Son is God - The Holy Spirit is God. Three personalities with one purpose. A unity of mind that is far beyond our comprehension. Therefore, they move and act as ONE.

SECOND - The Son (2nd. Person of the Godhead), took on Himself the flesh of man. Albeit, apart from sin because He had no association with Adam and was created perfect. Luke wrote, ".. that perfect thing."

THIRD - Through the Incarnation, Jesus was fully God - as the second person of the Godhead - and fully man. Therefore, Jesus had two natures - one that is Human and the other, Divine. This is where it gets tricky. In Scripture, there are times when Jesus spoke as the perfect man and other times when He spoke as God. Examples of His Humanity are: 1) Like the question you asked about or 2) Where Jesus prayed to His Father. He did not pray as God because God does not pray to God. However, as to being fully man, Jesus prayed in His Humanity. 3) Additionally, there are times in Scripture where Jesus' Humanity does not know what He knows in His Divinity. This is a part of the great mystery of Jesus Christ's Person and Work. Also, it can be reasoned out, that there were certain things that Christ did not know in His Humanity because the Father did not want these things revealed at this time. John 14:24 He that loveth me not does not keep my words: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's who sent me.

Hope this might help you, any further questions, feel free to ask.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Your Name is Holy - Brian Doerksen with Wendy O'Connell

oldhermit

Jul 28, 2012
Alabama
i asked this question because in the bible it says only God knows when he will send Jesus back to earth for the rapture even Jesus doesn't know the time. So if Jesus is God why doesn't he know the time of the rapture?
How serious are you about looking for the answer to this question? Do you really want an answer or are you just trying to defend an opinion you have already settled in your own mind?

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Because Jesus calls himself the Almighty and because of the preponderance of testimony by the inspired writers.
Amen the entire Bible witnesses it and reveals it

from promoses in the ot to the revelations of the new

“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭9:6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

One name and person the son born of Gods promise holding many titles all titles infact he is

“for by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: and he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

And he is the head of the body, the church:

who is the beginning,

the firstborn from the dead;

that in all things he might have the preeminence. For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; and, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭1:16-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

E

evyaniy

He IS Who He IS.

Mar 14, 2020

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
“And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, ( Jesus ) justified
in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭3:16‬ ‭

1 Timothy 3:16
:)

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
Jesus himself said he was God

God called Jesus God.

so why would christians not say what God says?

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
Some years ago, I was talking about Jesus with a Catholic man where I
worked in a boatyard on Shelter Island in San Diego. When I stated that
Jesus wasn't a Christian the man became angry-- angry enough to bare his
teeth --and started going off on me so belligerently that I never got a chance
to explain to him how Jesus came into the world as a Jew whose religion for
life was Old Testament Judaism based upon the covenant that Moses' people
agreed upon with God per Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy,
plus the Psalms and the Prophets.

Jesus believed in the divine inspiration of the book of Genesis too; referring
to it several times in his own teachings. The reference of his that I like most
is located at Matt 19:4 where he said:

"Have you not read, that He who created them from the beginning made
them male and female?"

That question of his implies Jesus believed in intelligent design. But hey; just
exactly who is the person he spoke of as "He" in creating the two genders?
_

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
One name and person the son born of Gods promise holding many titles all titles infact he is

“for by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: and he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Nehemiah 9:6 plus John 1:3
:)