Can someone lose their salvation?

  • Thread starter Thread starter selenah
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
That Anandya is not true love, just empty words.

I guess we can all be publically critical of others if we choose to be

poor LBG the only type of love is the fluffy softy mushy kind right? you mean you don't think God still is loving when He says and does these things?

Deuteronomy 8:5
You should know in your heart that as a man chastens his son, so the LORD your God chastens you.

Job 5:16-18 (New King James Version)

16 So the poor have hope,
And injustice shuts her mouth.

17 “ Behold, happy is the man whom God corrects;
Therefore do not despise the chastening of the Almighty.

18 For He bruises, but He binds up;
He wounds, but His hands make whole.

Psalm 6

To the Chief Musician. With stringed instruments. On an eight-stringed harp.[a] A Psalm of David.

1 O LORD, do not rebuke me in Your anger,
Nor chasten me in Your hot displeasure.
2 Have mercy on me, O LORD, for I am weak;
O LORD, heal me, for my bones are troubled.
3 My soul also is greatly troubled;
But You, O LORD—how long?


I'm happy because God is in control and why shouldn't I be happy in God's love?

I follow my Father's example. I'm sorry if your feelings are hurt but you do not sound repent but rebellious.

OP, you can't lose your salvation but if you sin then you will be chastened and punished and as Paul says. It's not pleasant but necessary.

Hebrews 12:5-11 (New King James Version)

5 And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons:


“ My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD,
Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him;
6 For whom the LORD loves He chastens,
And scourges every son whom He receives.”[a]

7 If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten? 8 But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons. 9 Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live? 10 For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed best to them, but He for our profit, that we may be partakers of His holiness. 11 Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.
 
poor LBG the only type of love is the fluffy softy mushy kind right? you mean you don't think God still is loving when He says and does these things?


So now you are writing in a very condescending way to me, but you still say you love me. This is a strange kind of love, I have never come accross this before

Deuteronomy 8:5
You should know in your heart that as a man chastens his son, so the LORD your God chastens you.

Job 5:16-18 (New King James Version)

16 So the poor have hope,
And injustice shuts her mouth.

17 “ Behold, happy is the man whom God corrects;
Therefore do not despise the chastening of the Almighty.

18 For He bruises, but He binds up;
He wounds, but His hands make whole.

Psalm 6

To the Chief Musician. With stringed instruments. On an eight-stringed harp.[a] A Psalm of David.

1 O LORD, do not rebuke me in Your anger,
Nor chasten me in Your hot displeasure.
2 Have mercy on me, O LORD, for I am weak;
O LORD, heal me, for my bones are troubled.
3 My soul also is greatly troubled;
But You, O LORD—how long?

I'm happy because God is in control and why shouldn't I be happy in God's love?

I follow my Father's example. I'm sorry if your feelings are hurt but you do not sound repent but rebellious.

OP, you can't lose your salvation but if you sin then you will be chastened and punished and as Paul says. It's not pleasant but necessary.



Hebrews 12:5-11 (New King James Version)

5 And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons:


“ My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD,
Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him;
6 For whom the LORD loves He chastens,
And scourges every son whom He receives.”[a]

7 If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten? 8 But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons. 9 Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live? 10 For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed best to them, but He for our profit, that we may be partakers of His holiness. 11 Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.



So it is for you to do the chastening of the Lord?
Well you can preach, reproach, and place scripture verses before me to publically rebuke me of course, that is your entitlement, but then to say you love me at the same time brings Matt 23 to mind

I have noticed that on more than one occassion you have felt it your duty to offer infered rebuke of people and place scripture in support of this

I guess you feel you are in an exalted enough position to do this though

Some do have an over inflated opinion of themselves I must say.

Well I will let you continue in your condescending way, publically criticising people and placing much scripture before them at the same time. Some do this and act so Godly and pious at the same time.

As you have placed much scripture before me may I suggest you read Matt ch 23
 
Last edited:
Send me their names Ananda and I'll be happy to take care of it for you
icon10.gif

lol that would solve the problem of sending one to myself ;)

Sorry it took me so long to realize our foolishness. we should debate on a thread started by one of us and not on one asking for help :)

Ground rules for debate: criticize the words or actions and not the person.

2. don't take it personal, don't be so attached to your beliefs that you think its an attack on your salvation or worthiness as a child of God when people disagree with you.

3. test people's words against what God says about the subject in His Holy Bible.

just a few basics I hope everyone keeps in mind when posting and reading threads.
 
warning warning if posting scripture offends you then you should do a self check.

Matthew 23
8 But you, do not be called ‘Rabbi’; for One is your Teacher, the Christ, and you are all brethren. 9 Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. 10 And do not be called teachers; for One is your Teacher, the Christ. 11 But he who is greatest among you shall be your servant. 12 And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.


lol ...

1 Corinthians 6:11
And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

I just accept who God tells me I am and tell my brethren to do the same and turn from sin, confess and repent of it for God wants us to live in Perfect Obedience to HIS words. If your Find HIS words offensive then the issue is not with me or the Bible.

I'm just being real

YouTube - What If We Were Real by Mandisa (Official Slideshow w/ Lyrics)

i'm just trying to live who God tells us we are and BELIEVE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhx1XfAj3AQ
 
Last edited:
warning warning if posting scripture offends you then you should do a self check.

Matthew 23
8 But you, do not be called ‘Rabbi’; for One is your Teacher, the Christ, and you are all brethren. 9 Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. 10 And do not be called teachers; for One is your Teacher, the Christ. 11 But he who is greatest among you shall be your servant. 12 And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.

lol ...

1 Corinthians 6:11
And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

I just accept who God tells me I am and tell my brethren to do the same and turn from sin, confess and repent of it for God wants us to live in Perfect Obedience to HIS words. If your Find HIS words offensive then the issue is not with me or the Bible.

I'm just being real

YouTube - What If We Were Real by Mandisa (Official Slideshow w/ Lyrics)


OK then, so will you turn from your sin of saying you love someone and then acting in an unloving way towards them. That is sinful isn't it? To say one thing but in your heart feel another?

What offends is someone publically believing it is their duty to find fault with and criticise another and use scripture to do it.

Let him who has never sinned cast the first stone

I could write a lot of scripture out if I wished to you Anandya but I won't do it

But I have told you of one. You are suppoosed to firstly speak privately to someone if you have an issue with them
But you ignore that scripture and just keep carrying on placing scripture before me publically to show me my error

Does this not seem hypocritical to you?

Or are you just playing to a gallery?
 
warning warning if posting scripture offends you then you should do a self check.

Matthew 23
8 But you, do not be called ‘Rabbi’; for One is your Teacher, the Christ, and you are all brethren. 9 Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. 10 And do not be called teachers; for One is your Teacher, the Christ. 11 But he who is greatest among you shall be your servant. 12 And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.

lol ...

1 Corinthians 6:11
And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

I just accept who God tells me I am and tell my brethren to do the same and turn from sin, confess and repent of it for God wants us to live in Perfect Obedience to HIS words. If your Find HIS words offensive then the issue is not with me or the Bible.

I'm just being real

YouTube - What If We Were Real by Mandisa (Official Slideshow w/ Lyrics)

i'm just trying to live who God tells us we are and BELIEVE.

YouTube - Mandisa - The Definition of Me


And if I might add you are now doing exactly the same thing you came on this thread a couple of hours ago and publically found fault with others for doing.
Anandya, you should not preach if you cannot practice what you preach, it will not reflect well on you to others
 
How can someone lose their salvation? How does someone know if they've lost their salvation.

this song speaks to my soul, the voices of darkness list our sins and reminds us of our unworthiness but God says we are not guilty....

YouTube - Mandisa- Not Guilty

remember God's love and His amazing Grace.

YouTube - Mandisa - God Speaking

John 3:16

YouTube - Mandisa - Shackles

Jesus came to FREE us not to enslave us. Shake off the shackles of lies and darkness and listen to GOD's HOLY Words and not your own imaginations and fears.

GOD LOVES YOU!


Psalm 34:18
The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart,And saves such as have a contrite spirit.

Luke 9:53-56 (New King James Version)

53 But they did not receive Him, because His face was set for the journey to Jerusalem. 54 And when His disciples James and John saw this, they said, “Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them, just as Elijah did?”[a]
55 But He turned and rebuked them, and said, “You do not know what manner of spirit you are of. 56 For the Son of Man did not come to destroy men’s lives but to save them.”[c] And they went to another village.


notice the disciples wanted to DESTROY a WHOLE village? but Jesus told them HE came to SAVE people not destroy them.
 
And if I might add you are now doing exactly the same thing you came on this thread a couple of hours ago and publically found fault with others for doing.
Anandya, you should not preach if you cannot practice what you preach, it will not reflect well on you to others

ever occur to you the scriptures were not for you but the person who first posted the thread?

what is wrong with posting scripture? did I say LBG these are for YOU?

Perhaps they are for me?

I don't have an issue with you so why should i send something privately? my actions and words do not revolve around how LBG will take them.
 
Last edited:
ever occur to you the scriptures were not for you but the person who first posted the thread?

what is wrong with posting scripture? did I say LBG these are for YOU?

Perhaps they are for me?

I don't have an issue with you so why should i send something privately? my actions and words do not revolve around how LBG will take them.


I would be happy for anyone to read your posts

497
502
505
And decide for themselves if you have posted scripture verses for me or not

But as you seem so keen to quote scriptiure to others, you should follow it yourself

If you have an issue with someone/wish to rebuke them, firstly take it to them privately.
 
Let all utterance be to praise Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.

Psalm 4

To the Chief Musician. With stringed instruments. A Psalm of David.

1 Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness!
You have relieved me in my distress;
Have mercy on me, and hear my prayer.

2 How long, O you sons of men,
Will you turn my glory to shame?
How long will you love worthlessness
And seek falsehood? Selah
3 But know that the LORD has set apart[a] for Himself him who is godly;
The LORD will hear when I call to Him.

4 Be angry, and do not sin.
Meditate within your heart on your bed, and be still. Selah
5 Offer the sacrifices of righteousness,
And put your trust in the LORD.

6 There are many who say,
“Who will show us any good?”
LORD, lift up the light of Your countenance upon us.
7 You have put gladness in my heart,
More than in the season that their grain and wine increased.
8 I will both lie down in peace, and sleep;
For You alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.
 
NO!! For those of you who think you can lose your salvation, my husband wrote a book about salvation titled: JESUS CHRIST Is the EASY and ONLY Way to HEAVEN. You can view it on the website.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
How does one lose something that is not theirs? God is in control of salvation and not man.
 
salvation is by grace, but through faith...

if one truly stops having faith, then they have forfeited their salvation
 
If we can't then Jesus and all the prophets are liars, SAVE for the false ones!!!
 
Wow this is an old thread. I do think that the Bible says that salvation can be lost.
 
How does one lose something that is not theirs? God is in control of salvation and not man.

Salvation comes from God, it is a free gift. One can reject or even return a gift. Perhaps a study of the words "apostate" and "freewill" will give you a clearer understanding.
 
There is that one verse in the new testiment about "falling away". So I think it's possible. But my personal opinion is, and I could be way off base, but I think it's like only in extreme situations. Like an example would be someone's a christian saved, then they backslide, then they somehow get lead astray even worse, then somehow maybe threw some crazy situation they renounce there christianity and somehow join a satanic cult and pledge alegance to satan. But I personally think that's very rare. Like an example might be Judas. We don't fully know where he was at with his faith. But in the end he fell away and commited suicide. So that's an example. I think we always have to be vigalent. But I dont' think any minor situation somehow excludes us. It has to be a MAJOR DISASTEROUS turning away. But again someone correct me if I'm wrong. it's just my opinion.