Can someone lose their salvation?

  • Thread starter Thread starter selenah
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Exactly, follow Jesus , but why should i ponder that cfultz3? here in mind was the elitistism in some that constantly say they are being led by the Holyspirit then breath out a heresy. This brings shame to the HolySpirit. Not to speak of the boasting it is to even say it.

The reference they use will probably be that Romans verse so my intention was to show
what that verse both actually meant...and what it DID NOT mean.

Brings shame?

No, it doesn't , because one led of God does not sin, and, the Spirit NEVER convicts to the point of guilt one who errs in the flesh, He only chastises, scourges, or even, chastens, or rebukes, as He corrects, but NEVER does the Holy Spirit bring us to shame....Nope! Not my Father :) And, not ANYONE's who believes in the power of the Holy Spirit and lives there life as such.

Let me tell you what the Holy Spirit is and isn't.

He is Mercy. He is Grace. He Hope. He is Enlightenment. He is your Helper. He is also, since Jesus says I no longer call you, was it 'people,' anyway, He said "I now call you, 'friend.'"

He is not mean. He is not overbearing. He is not convicting (in a guilt way), just points out our errors.
However, in so much as He points our our errors, He always does so, and, this is one more thing the Spirit who is abiding in us is, He does His discipining ALWAYS in Love :)

So....

We are to embrace the power of the Holy Spirit in our life, we are to go forth without worrying about what's happened in the past, those sins we did, covered up, etc. , just follow Him. He will give you grace, He will give you mercy. He will Love you in sooo great a way, your faith, His grace, His mercy, His Love, an unbeatable blend of blessing when you live this way, squirrel :)
 
Exactly, follow Jesus , but why should i ponder that cfultz3? here in mind was the elitistism in some that constantly say they are being led by the Holyspirit then breath out a heresy. This brings shame to the HolySpirit. Not to speak of the boasting it is to even say it.

The reference they use will probably be that Romans verse so my intention was to show
what that verse both actually meant...and what it DID NOT mean.


I am not understanding what you are saying. Aren't all three of them of the Godhead? I guess what I am asking is: What is the adminstration of the Holy Spirit, seeing that there are different adminstrations but the same Lord?
 
No, Acts is not the same as it is for us.
The disciples had to wait in Jerusalem for the Power from on High.
The Spirit had not yet been given (poured out).

When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment: - John 16:8

Were you convicted of your guilt in regard to sin?
That the punishment was damnation?
How did this come to be?

Conming to Christ, yes, world is convicted, once lost is saved then they are only chastised and corrected .

By hearing the Law.
Faith comes by hearing, mari, and, hearing by the word of Christ

What did you think or say or do?

Were you convinced of the truth of Jesus Christ being given as a propitiation and substitution for your guilt and sin?
That the free gift was everlasting life though you don't deserve it?
How did this come to be?

By hearing the Gospel.

What did you think or say or do?

How did you come to hear the Gospel?

"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day. - John 6:44

Who is at work in the world performing all that in the hearts of men?
What does He do when one has been drawn to the Cross and heard the proclamation...does He go away somewhere and intend for you to "follow" Him somewhere?
Where did He go?
Is it all up to you now?
No, it NOT up to me at all. The Lord leads, I am just following Him, as He leads. I am a son of God, He is my Father. :)

He never goes anywhere, He is always with us, lo, even unto the end of the age (Great Commission verse)

When we are faithless, God is faithful, He will still, always, be there for us, waiting until we come home. And, if we never come home, the prodigal son came home, but, if he hadn't, God would have still been waiting. That father would have continued to WAIT for his son, there was NEVER a guarantee, mari, that that son was coming home. Never . :(

Hearing of the law ? No, faith comes by hearing, and, hearing by the Word of God. Rom. 10:17.

No, it NOT up to me at all. The Lord leads, I am just following Him, as He leads. I am a son of God, He is my Father. :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Brings shame?

No, it doesn't , because one led of God does not sin, and, the Spirit NEVER convicts to the point of guilt one who errs in the flesh, He only chastises, scourges, or even, chastens, or rebukes, as He corrects, but NEVER does the Holy Spirit bring us to shame....Nope! Not my Father :) And, not ANYONE's who believes in the power of the Holy Spirit and lives there life as such. what is this all about? reread..this is what i said:This brings shame to the HolySpirit.

Let me tell you what the Holy Spirit is and isn't.

He is Mercy. He is Grace. He Hope. He is Enlightenment. He is your Helper. He is also, since Jesus says I no longer call you, was it 'people,' anyway, He said "I now call you, 'friend.'"

He is not mean. He is not overbearing. He is not convicting (in a guilt way), just points out our errors.
However, in so much as He points our our errors, He always does so, and, this is one more thing the Spirit who is abiding in us is, He does His discipining ALWAYS in Love :)

So....Please dont drag me into all this. This was not at all my point.

We are to embrace the power of the Holy Spirit in our life, we are to go forth without worrying about what's happened in the past, those sins we did, covered up, etc. , just follow Him. He will give you grace, He will give you mercy. He will Love you in sooo great a way, your faith, His grace, His mercy, His Love, an unbeatable blend of blessing when you live this way, squirrel :)
I cant help but say you at least "sound" condescending.
 
I am not understanding what you are saying. Aren't all three of them of the Godhead? I guess what I am asking is: What is the adminstration of the Holy Spirit, seeing that there are different adminstrations but the same Lord?

cfultx3...

Things get going till theres a time to focus. Start defining stuff. Hold things to the word
and prove them. Surely, I have no problem talking about the administrations etc. But if im trying
to narrow a point(led by the Spirit) and someone comes alog and wants to open it up in a large general way.
Im not cooperating.

For instance why would a person ever go on and on how they are taught and led by God,
then blunder in what they say and do and what they are teaching. Then combing through it and showing all the error...they want to move on how wonderful the HolySpirit is?

I know the HolySpirit is wonderful...but why the boasting? Do you see what im getting at?
Why the siding with people? Why the speaking for your friends? Defending those who agree with you,
rather than the truth? We should speak the truth the best we know which is all the Lord expects..without saying your always being taught by the Spirit, and always teach truth.When in fact far from it. Thats what i meant about bringing shame to the Holyspirit. Hes not ashamed when we screw up, but we shouldnt make false claims about our actions being led by Him.
 
Abiding,

Things get going till theres a time to focus. Start defining stuff. Hold things to the word
and prove them. Surely, I have no problem talking about the administrations etc. But if im trying
to narrow a point(led by the Spirit) and someone comes alog and wants to open it up in a large general way.
Im not cooperating. -- sorry you took what I said to mean what you thought. Did not mean to make it look like I was coming in to draw attention away from the point you were getting to.

For instance why would a person ever go on and on how they are taught and led by God,
then blunder in what they say and do and what they are teaching. Then combing through it and showing all the error...they want to move on how wonderful the HolySpirit is? -- I do not know. I am sure that peson whom you speak of will answer for himself.

I know the HolySpirit is wonderful...but why the boasting? Do you see what im getting at? -- Not really, sorry.

Why the siding with people? Why the speaking for your friends? Defending those who agree with you,
rather than the truth? -- You have me sounding like I mischevious in my questions/remarks. But in fairness, I will not respond any more to you or marianna as pertaining to this 'questioning', seeing that both of you seem to find fault in that person's words instead of seeking answers/ explanation. To say I do not defend the truth and rather choose those in agreement with me over Truth is a very serious accusation.

We should speak the truth the best we know which is all the Lord expects..without saying your always being taught by the Spirit, and always teach truth.When in fact far from it. Thats what i meant about bringing shame to the Holyspirit. Hes not ashamed when we screw up, but we shouldnt make false claims about our actions being led by Him. -- Agree. But we should be obedient to the Spirit, though we may not always be.
 
Abiding,

Things get going till theres a time to focus. Start defining stuff. Hold things to the word
and prove them. Surely, I have no problem talking about the administrations etc. But if im trying
to narrow a point(led by the Spirit) and someone comes alog and wants to open it up in a large general way.
Im not cooperating. -- sorry you took what I said to mean what you thought. Did not mean to make it look like I was coming in to draw attention away from the point you were getting to.

For instance why would a person ever go on and on how they are taught and led by God,
then blunder in what they say and do and what they are teaching. Then combing through it and showing all the error...they want to move on how wonderful the HolySpirit is? -- I do not know. I am sure that peson whom you speak of will answer for himself.My mistake, i failed to deal with this directly.I will in the future.

I know the HolySpirit is wonderful...but why the boasting? Do you see what im getting at? -- Not really, sorry.OK well i was to vague and this wasnt actually intended for you. Im sorry.

Why the siding with people? Why the speaking for your friends? Defending those who agree with you,
rather than the truth? -- You have me sounding like I mischevious in my questions/remarks. But in fairness, I will not respond any more to you or marianna as pertaining to this 'questioning', seeing that both of you seem to find fault in that person's words instead of seeking answers/ explanation. To say I do not defend the truth and rather choose those in agreement with me over Truth is a very serious accusation. Again forgive me, that wasnt to you at all.

We should speak the truth the best we know which is all the Lord expects..without saying your always being taught by the Spirit, and always teach truth.When in fact far from it. Thats what i meant about bringing shame to the Holyspirit. Hes not ashamed when we screw up, but we shouldnt make false claims about our actions being led by Him. -- Agree. But we should be obedient to the Spirit, though we may not always be.
Exactly, in these forums, no matter what happens, i want to at least try to understand who im talking to and pay the most respect to them, not so much their theology.But if i disagree and have time...ill like to see what its made of and understand it. I will always try to be honest...but if im wrong...its my wrong..NOT the Holyspirits wrong.
 
I do not believe the garment is his blood. I believe it is righteousness the righteousness of Christ.. Jesus tells us how to prepare for the banquet. might want to head his Words.
 
The gospel that you are talking about. I don't know that one. People are using a lot of the same words. but, a lot of the words when explained have different meaning then the Gospel I know.
 
I do not believe the garment is his blood. I believe it is righteousness the righteousness of Christ.. Jesus tells us how to prepare for the banquet. . might want to head his words.[/QUOTE


"might want to head his Words"


Being snippy doest really say much. If you can explain where the white garments come from
they will still be a gift. At the most that you can say is they are given for an overcoming tried faith.
Which we cant do but by His power. So it ends up being the Lord.

Otherwise its our justification not by works of righteousness we have done, but what was done in us.
By the Holyspirit...who does the washing and regenerating....Without me you can do nothing.

But even in overcoming we are told we overcome by the blood of the Lamb...So there we are.
 
The gospel that you are talking about. I don't know that one. People are using a lot of the same words. but, a lot of the words when explained have different meaning then the Gospel I know.

Rein...you must explain more if you want dialogue. Can you add maybe something specific?
If not you have only made an obscure statement
 
Abiding,

And my apology for having butted in the midst of a conversation.

Its ok..i love our dialogue...i need to try to participate in your threads more..
so far ive just been a piggy and go in for a free meal;)
 
I wasn't writing that one to you abiding.. someone told me the wedding garment is Christs blood in the parable of the kings banquet. Jesus told us to take heed to His words was said like 35 times i the OT, 16 times by Jesus and the disciples told us 12 or more times. That is not me being snippy. That me saying be careful not to put what you believe above what Jesus said.
 
Ok sorry...you and i had been discussing stuff....you were making unclear statements
so i messed up...i had to look back 47 posts ago to see who you must of been talking to.

Thats why we usually push quote so we can ride our comment to who we are talking to.
By the way EG was right. He surely wasnt putting what he believed above what Jesus
said. I think you just dont understand what he means...happens all the time in here.
 
I wasn't writing that one to you abiding.. someone told me the wedding garment is Christs blood in the parable of the kings banquet. Jesus told us to take heed to His words was said like 35 times i the OT, 16 times by Jesus and the disciples told us 12 or more times. That is not me being snippy. That me saying be careful not to put what you believe above what Jesus said.
Scripture says we are clothed in righteousness, that we are to put on the garment of praise.

I think the garment is 'Love,' we are to be in Love withbour Lord and fellow man.

This man that came to the feast unprepared was simply not in Love with Christ, therefore, it was denial, and, He did not have the Spirit either in Him, so.....

.....this unprepared man was not rich nor poor, just not ready, much like the virgins and their candles and the bridegroom comes when some are unprepared and miss Him.

Be prepared ! Do things all your life, as He in your 'temple' spiritedly leads you :)
 
I asked isn't our white garment the righteous works we let Christ do through us? or is it the righteous works we allow Him it do in us?

abiding then you responded with this and romans 4:4
White robes have nothing to do with us. You make it sound like we make effectual His perfection
by our deeds. Now your back to:

right her in roman 4

18 Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, “So shall your offspring be.”[d] 19 Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead—since he was about a hundred years old—and that Sarah’s womb was also dead. 20 Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, 21 being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised.

Issac was Gods work, But Abraham had to respond to Gods Promise in faith and not his old body. If we truly have faith we act on it and Gods power makes it happen.

Bible says he puts his Spirit in us and moves us to do his will..

Bible also warns men that resist his Spirit and refuse to be moved by him.