Can someone please help me?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

LazyBeanz

May 22, 2018
Hello, I have a bit of in issue that i’m worried about. Ever since I’ve heard about something called the unpardonable sin my mind was filled with these awful thoughts. I’ve said somethings in my head that I wish I didn’t. I feel so bad inside. Some people say you can’t commit it in your mind or it cannot be duplicated today since Jesus has left the earth. Can someone please help?

Osprey

May 22, 2018
The unpardonable sin is denying Jesus's forgiveness for the last time.

LazyBeanz

May 22, 2018
The unpardonable sin is denying Jesus's forgiveness for the last time.
But isn’t that what I did? I thought those thoughts about him and the spirit? I feel like I’ve messed up at such a young age

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The only unpardonable sin today is that of continued unbelief. There is no pardon for a person who dies in his rejection of Christ. The Holy Spirit is at work in the world, convicting the unsaved of sin, righteousness, and judgment (John 16:8). If a person resists that conviction and remains unrepentant, then he is choosing hell over heaven. “Without faith it is impossible to please God” (Hebrews 11:6), and the object of faith is Jesus (Acts 16:31). There is no forgiveness for someone who dies without faith in Christ.

God has provided for our salvation in His Son (John 3:16). Forgiveness is found exclusively in Jesus (John 14:6). To reject the only Savior is to be left with no means of salvation; to reject the only pardon is, obviously, unpardonable.

Many people fear they have committed some sin that God cannot or will not forgive, and they feel there is no hope for them, no matter what they do. Satan would like nothing more than to keep people laboring under that misconception. God gives encouragement to the sinner who is convicted of his sin: “Come near to God and he will come near to you” (James 4:8). “Where sin increased, grace increased all the more” (Romans 5:20). And the testimony of Paul is proof positive that God can and will save anyone who comes to Him in faith (1 Timothy 1:12–17).

If you are suffering under a load of guilt today, rest assured that you have not committed the unpardonable sin. God is waiting with open arms. Jesus’ promise is that “he is able to save completely those who come to God through him” (Hebrews 7:25). Our Lord will never fail. “Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation” (Isaiah 12:2). https://www.gotquestions.org/unpardonable-sin.html

Last edited:
U

Ugly

In short think of the unpardonable sin as rejecting God's salvation.
But look at Peter in the Bible. He denied Jesus three times, but he was forgiven. So don't stress about it. (=

Apr 15, 2017
Hello, I have a bit of in issue that i’m worried about. Ever since I’ve heard about something called the unpardonable sin my mind was filled with these awful thoughts. I’ve said somethings in my head that I wish I didn’t. I feel so bad inside. Some people say you can’t commit it in your mind or it cannot be duplicated today since Jesus has left the earth. Can someone please help?
Mat 12:24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.
Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
Mat 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Mar 3:28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
Mar 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:
Mar 3:30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

All sin and blasphemies that people commit shall be forgiven them, and a person can speak against the Son of man, the man Christ Jesus, the flesh, and it can be forgiven them, but a person cannot speak against the Holy Spirit and it be forgiven them.

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is attributing something evil to God when He is good, which is shown us when the Pharisees said Jesus cast out devils by Beelzebub, saying He had an unclean spirit, when Jesus cast out devils by the Holy Spirit.

And many people blaspheme against God attributing evil to Him when He is good.

People that say God is against them, and does not care about them, and does not love them, and is punishing them, blaming Him for natural disasters and the reason they have problems in their life, when the Bible says God rains on the just and the unjust which even the wicked enjoy good on this earth, and in the New Testament God said where do wars come from, they come from people, and in the Old Testament God had to protect Israel, and people, from kingdoms that were cruel, and would pervert people from the truth, for if God did not allow them to fall more people would of been hurt, and killed, and more people would of been perverted from the truth, which some people will say God is a war monger which would be wrong.

God is not cruel, people are cruel.

Some people have a different interpretation for blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, but it means attributing something evil to God when He is good, and loves people.

Anything that people say about God in a negative way that is not part of His ways is blasphemy.

Attributing evil to God when He is good is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

T

Tinuviel

That's not the unpardonable sin, sister. You wouldn't be concerned about it and interested in serving God if you had totally rejected Him.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
The only unpardonable sin is denial of God, Jesus and the HS..