Can the nonelect ever be born-again? (2 Kings 22:27) With the elect thou wilt be elect: and with the perverse thou wilt be perverted.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Will the nonelect ever be born-again?

• The nonelect can be born-again.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
The Catholic Church is the Body of the Lord Jesus Christ, be careful how you speak about His body.
It's obvious you speak out of ignorance because you don't even know what the Catholic Church means...
so you don't embarrass yourself here.
If you're speaking of all the believing born again Christians, that is the body. If you're talking about the denomination of "Catholic", no you're incorrect. I know what a Catholic thinks it means vs what it actually means.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
God chose them for salvation. How can they ever be lost?
Everyone who comes into this world because of Adam's disobedience, comes into it as lost, but for the elect, their names were written in heaven before the foundation of the world. When they become born-again, which they must become, they are no longer of the lost.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
In the CONTEXTS of those passages I supplied, it is talking about no other "nations" except the ONE "nation" (Israel--those of the one particular nation "OF ISRAEL"). Read the passages in my posts again. = )
The Israel of salvation is spiritual Israel - the Israel of God, not earthly Israel.

[Gal 6:15-16 KJV]
15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.
16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace [be] on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

[Rev 21:2 KJV]
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Notice that in Acts 3 (Peter addressing "ye men of Israel" vv.12,15), he says (to them), "

Act 3:14
But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;
Act 3:15
And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

... and then tells them to "19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord"

[some did... the passage goes on to show...]

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
^ But verse 23 says,

"23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet ["22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you."], shall be destroyed from among the people." (the phrase "the people" refers to "Israel" [the nation of Israel])

"23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people."

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
Notice that in Acts 3 (Peter addressing "ye men of Israel" vv.12,15), he says (to them), "

Act 3:14
But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;
Act 3:15
And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

... and then tells them to "19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord"

[some did... the passage goes on to show...]
The elect span all earthly nations, to include earthly Israel.

[Col 3:11 KJV] 11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond [nor] free: but Christ [is] all, and in all.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
^ But verse 23 says,

"23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet ["22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you."], shall be destroyed from among the people." (the phrase "the people" refers to "Israel" [the nation of Israel])

"23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people."
That prophet is Christ. To hear is to hear spiritually with spiritual ears that are given, not earthly ears. One only receives spiritual hearing
from becoming born-again:

[Jhn 8:43, 47 KJV]
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? [even] because ye cannot hear my word. ...
47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear [them] not, because ye are not of God.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
That prophet is Christ.
OF COURSE IT IS JESUS!!

I'm pointing out how the CONTEXTS (of the passages I've supplied) are speaking TO / FOR / ABOUT "ISRAEL" [the one 'nation of Israel'] TO WHOM He was "SENT... FIRST [unto you/Israel]" (i.e. in His earthly ministry before the Cross)

[there are TWO "raise" issues in Acts 3--one "raise" being "to a position of prominence" in His earthly ministry BEFORE the Cross ('A PROPHET shall the Lord your God RAISE UP UNTO YOU OF YOUR BRETHREN, like unto me [/Moses]..."); the other "raise" being "raised FROM THE DEAD" AFTER the Cross--Covenant Theology fails to DISTINGUISH these TWO distinct "RAISE" issues in Acts 3]

To hear is to hear spiritually with spiritual ears that are given, not earthly ears. One only receives spiritual hearing
from becoming born-again:

[Jhn 8:43, 47 KJV]
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? [even] because ye cannot hear my word. ...
47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear [them] not, because ye are not of God.
"because ye are not of God" [certain "Jews" were, certain other "Jews" were not--NOTE THE (wider) CONTEXT!]

You are trying to make a blanket statement (due to your adherence to Calvinism).

CS1

May 23, 2012
In the beginning the light of all men which was the life of Jesus was created in Adam in heaven. All mankind before the fall.

John 1

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made

View attachment 262970
But is it ok to kill those whom you disagree with? LOL. Nothing says more about the love of Christ than one killing those who teach false doctrines or disagree with the Word of God . Yes, Peter and Paul were so good at doing it that I can't even find it in the Bible . Wow!

Dec 18, 2023
But is it ok to kill those whom you disagree with? LOL. Nothing says more about the love of Christ than one killing those who teach false doctrines or disagree with the Word of God . Yes, Peter and Paul were so good at doing it that I can't even find it in the Bible . Wow!
show me evidence John Calvin killed people

selahsays

May 31, 2023
The elect span all earthly nations, to include earthly Israel.

[Col 3:11 KJV] 11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond [nor] free: but Christ [is] all, and in all.
Yes; God’s Elect are scattered all over the world.

"And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

- John 10:16

Dec 18, 2023
excuse me, Thank you for correcting me :) I meant supported it :) that was shown and proven some time ago :)
Np 😊

I love correction to as you rightly pointed out to me tulip is not the issue,..it's the way it's preached

Of course this sent me down the right road of what Calvin actually taught 😊