Can the nonelect ever be born-again? (2 Kings 22:27) With the elect thou wilt be elect: and with the perverse thou wilt be perverted.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Will the nonelect ever be born-again?

• The nonelect can be born-again.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
Yes; God’s Elect are scattered all over the world.

"And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

- John 10:16
Great verse, thanks selahsays.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
[Gal 6:15-16 KJV]
15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.
16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace [be] on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.
Because of the way this verse is written, the "THEM" is DISTINCT FROM the "Israel of God"

--"the Israel of God" is THOSE OF [the nation of] ISRAEL who BELIEVED [or will believe]; It is NOT referring to Gentiles who believed;

--the "THEM" in this sentence is DISTINCT FROM the other phrase (meaning, the "THEM" is NOT the same persons as "the Israel of God"... only THOSE OF ISRAEL who BELIEVED are called "the Israel of God"... NOT "ALL" believers/NOT Gentiles who believed)

You are attempting to blanketly apply the phrase "the Israel of God" to ALL who believed/believe, rather than of whom it ACTUALLY refers (distinct here from the "THEM" in this sentence); both groups are SAINTS/BELIEVERS (in case you are perceiving me to say otherwise... you never know...)

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
Because of the way this verse is written, the "THEM" is DISTINCT FROM the "Israel of God"

--"the Israel of God" is THOSE OF [the nation of] ISRAEL who BELIEVED [or will believe]; It is NOT referring to Gentiles who believed;

--the "THEM" in this sentence is DISTINCT FROM the other phrase (meaning, the "THEM" is NOT the same persons as "the Israel of God"... only THOSE OF ISRAEL who BELIEVED are called "the Israel of God"... NOT "ALL" believers/NOT Gentiles who believed)

You are attempting to blanketly apply the phrase "the Israel of God" to ALL who believed/believe, rather than of whom it ACTUALLY refers (distinct here from the "THEM" in this sentence).
Last time.

[Gal 6:15-16 KJV]
15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.
16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace [be] on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
^ "as many as walk according to this rule, peace be UPON THEM, and mercy, AND UPON the Israel of God" (two distinct categories of persons here... the "THEM" AND "the Israel of God [/those OF ISRAEL who BELIEVED]" [just like there is still "male" and "female" existing in the Body of Christ, to whom Paul at times addresses DISTINCTLY, according to the need / certain contexts])

[the way you are emphasizing parts of the sentence, you completely OVERLOOK / BYPASS the fact that "THEM" and "the Israel of God" ARE DISTINCT GROUPS! (in the ONE BODY) that Paul is addressing here (BOTH)!]

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
^ "as many as walk according to this rule, peace be UPON THEM, and mercy, AND UPON the Israel of God" (two distinct categories of persons here... the "THEM" AND "the Israel of God [/those OF ISRAEL who BELIEVED]" [just like there is still "male" and "female" existing in the Body of Christ, to whom Paul at times addresses DISTINCTLY, according to the need / certain contexts])

[the way you are emphasizing parts of the sentence, you completely OVERLOOK / BYPASS the fact that "THEM" and "the Israel of God" ARE DISTINCT GROUPS! (in the ONE BODY) that Paul is addressing here!]
Oh my!

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
In our standing before God IN CHRIST, there is "neither male nor female" (also "there is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free")...

...but in practical matters (this context is one such) THERE IS STILL DISTINCTIONS (roles for males, roles for females, for example, that are DISTINCT: it's not fine now for MEN to marry MEN just because this verse says "there is neither male nor female"... as some twisted persons like to insist!)

This is why it is so important to take note of CONTEXT (and also, not to blur past some very important words, or to the exclusion of others, in attempt to READ INTO a passage a Calvinist bent! [as you are doing here--sorry to say])

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
In our standing before God IN CHRIST, there is "neither male nor female" (also "there is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free")...

...but in practical matters (this context is one such) THERE IS STILL DISTINCTIONS (roles for males, roles for females, for example, that are DISTINCT: it's not fine now for MEN to marry MEN just because this verse says "there is neither male nor female"... as some twisted persons like to insist!)

This is why it is so important to take note of CONTEXT (and also, not to blur past some very important words, or to the exclusion of others, in attempt to READ INTO a passage a Calvinist bent! [as you are doing here])
Doubling down on my OH MY!

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Doubling down on my OH MY!
You certainly don't think that because scripture states, "there is... neither male nor female...," that you are no longer "male" and your wife is no longer "female," do you? (or... do you?)

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
[P.S. to my post]

^ the CONTEXT of Gal6:16 is distinguishing the "THEM" and "the Israel of God"... for the purposes of that specific passage's application--However, YOU [rogerg] are blurring past the distinct "THEM" in order to connect the first part of the sentence TO [the latter/distinct group] "the Israel of God" [i.e. those OF ISRAEL who BELIEVED] and then incorrectly interpreting that phrase to MEAN "ALL believers" (including Gentiles who believed/believe)--but the passage isn't saying what YOU / CALVINISTS are insisting it is saying ;) , lol

CS1

May 23, 2012
The new creature is why no one needs to remove their foreskin.
I was circumcised as an infant but could not imagine grown Gentile men having it done :cry::cry:

the circumcision is now done on the heart. some here are carnal minded.

Romans 2:28-29, “For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.”

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
The new creature is why no one needs to remove their foreskin.
I was circumcised as an infant (8 days old) but could not imagine grown Gentile men having it done :cry::cry:
The new creation is a new humanity and Christ is the firstborn. It represents a whole new way of God engaging with and in humanity. It's far more than circumcision or not.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
the circumcision is now done on the heart. some here are carnal minded.

Romans 2:28-29, “For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.”
I never said it was not done in the heart. Why Red X me?
I am just explaining how Jews are circumcised.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
The new creation is a new humanity and Christ is the firstborn. It represents a whole new way of God engaging with and in humanity. It's far more than circumcision or not.
But where do you see me disagreeing with your words at?