Can the nonelect ever be born-again? (2 Kings 22:27) With the elect thou wilt be elect: and with the perverse thou wilt be perverted.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Will the nonelect ever be born-again?

• The nonelect can be born-again.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

maxamir

Mar 8, 2024
Paul also said in Acts...
26 Through One Man (Adam) all men was created on earth...
27 He did this so they would look for him. He wanted them to reach out and find him. But he is not far from each one of us.

[HE] in verse 27 is GOD!

So God did this and God wanted them (all men) to look for Him and find Him.
God gives every man general revelation as witnessed throughout nature and their conscience but because of the curse many may seek the benefits of the God they know exists but only those who are granted the grace of special revelation seek God for who He is and not simply what He can provide.

Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Joh 3:20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.
Joh 3:21 But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God."

maxamir

Mar 8, 2024
FYI, I died; therefore, the life I am living is in Christ.

Paul said much more than be slave more context to the one verse you used in 6:22

What does it say before and after 22? :

19 I am using an example from everyday life because of your human limitations.

Just as you used to offer yourselves as slaves to impurity and to ever-increasing wickedness,
so now offer yourselves as slaves to righteousness leading to holiness.

20 When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the control of righteousness.

21 What benefit did you reap at that time from the things you are now ashamed of? Those things result in death!

22 But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God,

the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life.

23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
A Christian is not just a person who has died to self but continues to die to self, denying themselves and taking up His cross daily (Luke 9:23).

1Co_15:31 I affirm, by the boasting in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

Gal 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
God gives every man general revelation as witnessed throughout nature and their conscience but because of the curse many may seek the benefits of the God they know exists but only those who are granted the grace of special revelation seek God for who He is and not simply what He can provide.

Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Joh 3:20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.
Joh 3:21 But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God."
It's definitely a fair reason to give to someone who rejects God on Judgement Day that He made Himself aware to them.

CS1

May 23, 2012
A Christian is not just a person who has died to self but continues to die to self, denying themselves and taking up His cross daily (Luke 9:23).

1Co_15:31 I affirm, by the boasting in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

Gal 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
the point is the full context of verse 22.

Yes, we die daily, amen. Yet we are more than conquerors Romans 8:37 through him that loved us. Many have false humility and want to tell others how they are to be a slave, yet their own life doesn't show it.

Mar 7, 2024
“Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:1-2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Your speaking your own judgements
You will be judged, no matter how hard you try to deny it. You can't escape the coming judgement, denial will not be accepted as a get out of judgement card

Mar 7, 2024
Nah,

I have not disobeyed God.

I see God for who he is and what he claims to be. Not a God of Hate.

You worship your God of hate.

I will worship A god who loved his creation and offers them rest.

Come to me you who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Thats the good news my friend.
My God does hate but He has many other attributes. your god is not the biblical One who hates sinners so much that He tortures them in hot lava forever. Your god is evil because he loves evil and doesn't punish the evil doer, can you see how fake and absurd the god you created in your mind is. he only exists in your mind, how sad

Mar 7, 2024
For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign Lord, repent and live!” – Ezekiel 18:31

LOVE!!

Romans 5:8
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

LOVE!!

Luke 15:1-32
Now the tax collectors and sinners were all drawing near to hear him. And the Pharisees and the scribes grumbled, saying, “This man receives sinners and eats with them.” So he told them this parable: “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one that is lost, until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. ...

LOVE!!

John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

LOVE!!

1 John 2:2
He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.

LOVE!!

Romans 5:10
For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life.

LOVE!!

1 John 4:8
Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love!!!
That's a load rubbish, what has any of that have to do with hate?

Mar 7, 2024
You definitely are some kind of "special" aren't you?
What Language do you think the New Testament was written in by the Disciples, Paul, brothers of Jesus?
GREEK!
And you don't trust it.
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
The New Testament in my bible is written in English. So yeah, you keep your Greeks to yourself. I have the Holy Bible, which is the inerrant Word of God. I don't care about Greeks, I only trust God

Mar 7, 2024
It seemd Jean Calvin taught the exact the same thing I have said all along that everyone is given a seed.

He also suggests that the wicked never willingly come to God.

But in saying they never willingly do, he is saying that they could willingly do so.

Read for yourself.

Read free online also.
https://ccel.org/ccel/calvin/institutes/institutes.iii.v.html

Jean Calvin

1. The knowledge of God suppressed by ignorance, many falling away into superstition. Such persons, however, inexcusable, because their error is accompanied with pride and stubbornness.
2. Stubbornness the companion of impiety.
3. No pretext can justify superstition. This proved, first, from reason; and, secondly, from Scripture.

Look here he says it's possible the wicked can willingly come to God but never do.

4. The wicked never willingly come into the presence of God. Hence their hypocrisy. Hence, too, their sense of Deity leads to no good result.
1. But though experience testifies that a seed of religion is divinely sown in all, scarcely one in a hundred is found who cherishes it in his heart, and not one in whom it grows to maturity so far is it from yielding fruit in its season. Moreover, while some lose themselves in superstitious observances, and others, of set purpose, wickedly revolt from God, the result is that, in regard to the true knowledge of him, all are so degenerate, that in no part of the world can genuine godliness be found. In saying that some fall away into superstition, I mean not to insinuate that their excessive absurdity frees them from guilt; for the blindness under which they labour is almost invariably accompanied with vain pride and stubbornness
Good work, you have given me something to ponder here. I'll get back to you with my findings asap

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
the Gospel is good news only to those who are brought to understand the truth of the bad news which your false doctrine inhibits.
No

The gospel is good news to everyone

Now what people do with that good news is on them

No one can say God did not give me a chance,, (well in your doctrine they can. In fact they would have an excuse)

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
if He loved everyone in the world without exception as you falsely believe then why did Christ not pray for the world below?

Joh 17:9 "I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours.
Does not support you.

Unlike you I know God knows all things. He knows who will come to him and who will deny him. SO he is praying for those he KNOWS will come..

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
a person is born again into a new creature from sin.

2Co 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

and can not even see the kingdom of God to see their need of the forgiveness of sin unless they are first born again.

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
He told nicodemus HOW to be born again, when Nicodemus could not understand and asked how these things are so.

As moses lifted the serpent, so to must the son of man be lifted up that whoever believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. For God so loved the WORLD that he gave his only begotten SON that WHOEVER believes in him, will not perish but has eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

You can spin it however you want, but this is how you are born again.

Why would he say MIGHT be saved if people CANT be saved.

Again, You can not be made alive while your under the penalty of sin.. That one fact destroys fatalism.. They can not get around that fact without destroying Gods perfect justice.

Dec 18, 2023
Good work, you have given me something to ponder here. I'll get back to you with my findings asap
I'm trying to tell you something here Charlie

You can search all of Jean Calvins manuscripts here and many more church fathers.

It's free and Good as normally theeese books you have to pay for

https://ccel.org/

PST btw your also arguing with people who don't want to take a blind bit of notice

Thankyou 😊

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
God has humbled me enough to know that the reason why He chose to save me had absolutely nothing to do with who I am or what I did, do or will do.
He showed me that also..

I did nto save myself. I became as the tax collector. I pray you did that also.

Those who think that their decision to follow Christ is the reason they are saved are not yet saved because they have not yet been humbled to know that salvation belongs to the Lord alone.
If they are not saved yet. no one is.. Because God will not force his salvation on you

But as many as have recieved him, to THEM he gave the right to become children of God

You either recieve his grace gift. or you reject his gift

There is no third option.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
how do you know you are saved and where do you get your assurance that you are saved?
Because I have the promise of God.

He said come to me all who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest. I stopped working to try to earn my salvation 40 years ago and became as the tax collector.

God changed my life. I do not question God or his word. he has proven himself faithful not only to the world. but to me so many times. I have lost count

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
The illustrations below make very clear the two types of theology regarding the way God saves people.

The first says that man is floating down a fast moving river towards a waterfall unto certain death and Christ comes along with a rope, throws it to the person, who catches it and is pulled into safety.

The second says that man is not floating but is dead and hitting the cobblestones on the bottom of the river on his way to the waterfall. Christ comes along with a rope, ties it to Himself and a tree, dives into the river, grabs the person, brings them to shore and resuscitates them.

Which one gives glory to God?

In the first illustration the man was ultimately saved by his ability to hold the rope and can boast in his strength whereas the second illustration gives al the glory to God for securing the salvation of the man who was unable to save himself.

Which illustration do you believe?
Both would give glory to God

1. The first guy can not say he saved himself. If it was not for the savior who through him the rope. he would have died.
2. the second is not like the first. You could say in effect. God did what he did to the first guy what he did to the second. Both would be dead if not for the one who was sent to rescue them

Having retired from the US coast guard and seeing many water rescues. No person who is saved by any US COast Guard service man or woman ever boasted of saving themselves. They gave all credit and glory to the one who risked their own life to help save them.