Can we use microwave on Sabbath day??

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
If you search online a lot of people say it is prohibited, however I also read it okay to warm up foods in the microwave.... I'm curious if we can use the microwave or not... What do you guys do and eat on the sabbath??? Any input?🤔

No! Let's go into Exodus 16: 22 And it came to pass, that on the sixth day they gathered twice as much bread, two omers for one man: and all the rulers of the congregation came and told Moses. 23 And he said unto them, This is that which the LORD hath said, To morrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the LORD: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning. 24 And they laid it up till the morning, as Moses bade: and it did not stink, neither was there any worm therein. 25 And Moses said, Eat that to day; for to day is a sabbath unto the LORD: to day ye shall not find it in the field. 26 Six days ye shall gather it; but on the seventh day, which is the sabbath, in it there shall be none.

So let's prepare our foods before the Sabbath day, also some foods you can sit out and eat warm temperature. Let's stay on the safe side, because there's plenty of food to eat, that do not have to be hot.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
No! Let's go into Exodus 16: 22
Let's not, since we are under a new and better covenant.

Instead, we should abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from
the meat of strangled animals, and from blood. It seemed good to the Holy Spirit
and to us not to burden you with anything beyond these essential requirements.

Beckie

Feb 15, 2022
just my thoughts

I lump sabbath keeping in with the ten, not so much in with the 600+ . We people need the rest, some folks need to be pushed to rest . I believe Christ is our rest but our bodies need to unwind. What is rest to one may not be rest to another. Some folks are rested after a quiet day of fly fishing. Trying to follow all the junk that got added to Sabbath keeping kept it from being restful . Jesus showed that many times. We Christians are not under the law but who is willing to bust the TEN? Jesus made it simple

Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Still today folks want to undo the Words of Jesus by doing 'something'. I see it as a lack of accepting our righteousness as filthy rags. Our faith should not be in what we can try to prove to God is our good we are not good.

Psa 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
Psa 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
Psa 1:3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Right back to Matt 22

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

From Acts 15:20 plus 28
Thank you for the inspiration .:)

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
If the sabbath was made for man and not God, and, in Christ, we represent the Melchizedek priesthood; and the Melchizedek priesthood represents God before the people, by what ordination is the sabbath observed by believers?

If we say that we ought to rest from our works 1 day out of seven, I'll take you to the scripture that declares a higher standard:

For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.

This is a cessation from all man's works, not merely 1/7 of them. And notice the representation of God in us: "...as God did from His."

This is consistent with Jesus revealing the new standard of love:

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

This goes beyond the Law that demands a level of love for others akin to our love for ourselves. The standard of our love for one another is the same standard as God's love for us.

Furthermore, as priests of Melchizedek, WE represent the work God is doing in the earth:

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them."

This "prepared beforehand" (proetoimazō ) is the time-frame of our ordination. I believe this corresponds to Christ.

1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life— 2 the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us— 3 that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ.

Fellowship literally means of likeness and kind to one another. John writes that truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ. This does not mean that we attended the same potluck. No. This means that we are of likeness and kind to the Father and Son. This is true in the Spirit.

Therefore, our standard of life is a reflection of the life the Father had with the Son from the beginning. This is from the beginning of creation. (To note: it is to this fellowship we are restored in Christ!).

In conclusion:
1/7 will not do.
Following a Law that was added because of sin will not do.
Setting aside some of our work on a certain day will not do. We have no work of our own, we are not our own to command.

We will be led by the Spirit of our Father and Christ into works that were prepared for us from the beginning of creation. This life reflects the life Christ had with the Father from the beginning. The ruling Law over our lives is "Son of His Love".

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021

Instead, we should abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from
the meat of strangled animals, and from blood. It seemed good to the Holy Spirit
That sounds like Paul talking to the Gentiles at the council in Jerusalem, that's not going to work for me, but 2Peter 1: said something very important he said....19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

So let's go back and see what was said concerning the stranger in Numbers 15:16 One law and one manner shall be for you, and for the stranger that sojourneth with you.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
That sounds like Paul talking to the Gentiles at the council in Jerusalem, that's not going to work for me, but 2Peter 1: said something very important he said....19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

So let's go back and see what was said concerning the stranger in Numbers 15:16 One law and one manner shall be for you, and for the stranger that sojourneth with you.
Jesus poured out His blood for us that we may find rest in Him under/in the new covenant He instituted.

“This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.” (<= Jesus' words.)

By speaking of a new covenant, He has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging
will soon disappear.... because “it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.”

Jesus has become the guarantee of a better covenant.

Hebrews 8:6
Now, however, Jesus has received a much more excellent ministry, just as
the covenant He mediates is better and is founded on better promises.

Bob-Carabbio

Jun 24, 2020
Can we use microwave on Sabbath day??
Reminds me of the "Sabbath switch" invention from some years back. It was for Jews, who wanted to turn on the lights during the Sabbath.

Since turning on the lights was "religiously equivalent" to "Building a fire" which was forbidden, you weren't permitted to turn the lights ON at night.

Consequently, in order to turn the lights ON, you turned the switch OFF (since you were permitted to quench a fire on the Sabbath).

The switch, not being jewish, would then reverse your command, and turn on the lights, breaking the sabbath by itself, and absolving you of "guilt".

Of course you needed a second "Normal" switch to turn the lights back OFF when you went to bed.

They also used to (maybe still do) sell "Sabbath Compliant" appliances which WOULD NOT OPERATE after the evening came on Friday, until Evening came on Saturday. My Daughter in law bought a kitchen range with that feature turned ON, and couldn't figure out why the range wouldn't work every Friday night. As I recall, the light in the refrigerator was another "problem" for Jewish faithful.

All told, "RELIGION" can be VERY TROUBLESOME - in Jesus' case it got Him killed.

Fortunately Romans 14 clears up most of the issues.

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
Jesus poured out His blood for us that we may find rest in Him under/in the new covenant He instituted.

“This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.” (<= Jesus' words.)

By speaking of a new covenant, He has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging
will soon disappear.... because “it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.”

Jesus has become the guarantee of a better covenant.

Hebrews 8:6
Now, however, Jesus has received a much more excellent ministry, just as
the covenant He mediates is better and is founded on better promises.
Well let's start that chapter from the beginning in (Hebrews 10: (v.1) For the law (what law, the law of animal sacrifice?) having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. (v.9) Then said he, (Jesus) Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first that he may establish the second. (v.10) By which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. 11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: 12 but this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; 13 from henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. 14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

The point that is not understood is that we all have sin, but until Jesus came, there was no way of getting out from under your sins. So God institute a Priesthood and laws that went with the priesthood to control the sinning, and so the Lord use animal Sacrificial laws, even though it could not remove sins.

When Jesus died on the cross that was the end of the first covenant, which consisted of the blood of animals and the keeping of God’s commandments. And his death also brought in the second covenant, which consist of the blood of Jesus and the keeping of God’s commandments. (v.18) Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin. In other words, no more animals are going to die for your sins. (20) by a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; (21) and having an high priest over the house of God; (v.26) For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins.

Now do we understand what’s being said here? If you sin willfully after you have knowledge of what the truth is, no more animals are going to die for you. (v.27) But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. Now if you are being deceived into believing that once you are under God’s grace you no longer have to keep his commandments, all you have to look forward to is the day of judgement and the lake of fire (fiery indignation).

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Now do we understand what’s being said here? If you sin willfully after you have knowledge of what the truth is, no more animals are going to die for you. (v.27) But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. Now if you are being deceived into believing that once you are under God’s grace you no longer have to keep his commandments, all you have to look forward to is the day of judgement and the lake of fire (fiery indignation).

Romans 8:1-2; 1 Corinthians 15:57 + 58b
:)

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021

Romans 8:1-2; 1 Corinthians 15:57 + 58b
:)
First let me say that God had Peter to clearly warn us about some of Paul’s writing. (2Peter:3:15-16) (v.15) And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; (v.16) As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. Now let us take heed to this warning, we can’t ignore all the bible and just concentrate on a hand full of verses out of the writings of Paul. Because some of Paul’s writing is hard to be understood.

There's two different laws Paul talks about in this chapter. Let's take a look at Roman 8: 1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. This is true, because Jesus says in John 4: 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. Jesus also say in John 6: 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. So walking in the spirit is the word of God, which is keeping is Commandments Jesus says in John 14: 15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Now, what law is this Paul talking about. This law is animal sacrificial law, not the royal law (Ten Commandments, statutes and Judgement). Paul explained this law in; (Heb.10:1, 9-10,18,26-27) (v.1) For the law (what law, the law of animal sacrifice?) having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. (v.9) Then said he, (Jesus) Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first that he may establish the second. (v.10) By which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

When Jesus died on the cross that was the end of the first covenant, which consisted of the blood of animals and the keeping of God’s commandments. And his death also brought in the second covenant, which consist of the blood of Jesus and the keeping of God’s commandments. (v.18) Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin. In other words, no more animals are going to die for your sins. (v.26) For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
First let me say that God had Peter to clearly warn us about some of Paul’s writing.
We discover that Peter was wrong and Paul was right...

PS~ please post this clear WARNING so we can see it.

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
We discover that Peter was wrong and Paul was right...

PS~ please post this clear WARNING so we can see it.
Jesus gave Peter the keys to the kingdom, no one else. Jesus says in Matthew 16: 18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

I don't know what you discover, but Peter was not wrong. Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. 8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; 9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. That was right because in the scriptures it’s written in Numbers 15:16 One law and one manner shall be for you, and for the stranger that sojourneth with you.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Jesus gave Peter the keys to the kingdom, no one else. Jesus says in Matthew 16: 18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

I don't know what you discover, but Peter was not wrong. Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. 8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; 9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. That was right because in the scriptures it’s written in Numbers 15:16 One law and one manner shall be for you, and for the stranger that sojourneth with you.
Where is this clear warning you said Peter gave against Paul???

Please see Galatians 2:11-21 for Paul's correction of Peter, and Peter's capitulation.

Grace911

Nov 11, 2018

Act 15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.
Act 15:21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

In other words, they will learn the Torah by hearing it read every sabbath day in the synagogues. It takes time to understand the unchangeable words of the Torah.

It is a sin to say that Torah is "done away with" because we read in Torah:

Deuteronomy 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Deuteronomy 12:32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

How many times was the moon created? Why then is it every month a New Moon?

Same is true for the Mt. Sinai Covenant was only given once, but the New Covenant many say replaces that covenant.

The New Covenant is just like a New Moon - they are both the original, not diminished or done away with, but are RENEWED.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Act 15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.
Act 15:21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

In other words, they will learn the Torah by hearing it read every sabbath day in the synagogues. It takes time to understand the unchangeable words of the Torah.

It is a sin to say that Torah is "done away with" because we read in Torah:

Deuteronomy 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Deuteronomy 12:32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

How many times was the moon created? Why then is it every month a New Moon?

Same is true for the Mt. Sinai Covenant was only given once, but the New Covenant many say replaces that covenant.

The New Covenant is just like a New Moon - they are both the original, not diminished or done away with, but are RENEWED.
I hope you are not still stoning people to death. You do NOT keep the law.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest

Grace911

Nov 11, 2018
I hope you are not still stoning people to death. You do NOT keep the law.
We are to obey the laws of the land we live in. I am not living in the past but in the present. Let's look at Torah instructions for stoning a rebellious child.

Deu 21:18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:
Deu 21:19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;
Deu 21:20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.
Deu 21:21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

Where are the elders at the city gates? Who are these parents? The LORD will do the stoning Himself through hailstrones.

This is what the rebellious and stubborn who refuse to hear the voice of the Father and obey Him, this they have to look forward to. You should then question yourself about a law of stoneing.

Revelation 8:7 The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

Revelation 16:21 And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

Exodus 9:24 So there was hail, and fire mingled with the hail, very grievous, such as there was none like it in all the land of Egypt since it became a nation.

Exodus 9:26 Only in the land of Goshen, where the children of Israel were, was there no hail.
<- To be repeated in the end times

Where is our "Goshen" today? Proverbs 28:9 He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.

John 9:31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

1 John 3:21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
1 John 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

Revelation 6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

Are you saying because you are not a child of Israel, you are not to keep the commandments (that apply to you)?

Even the sojourners and aliens who had joined with the children of Israel were all to have ONE LAW FOR ALL. Nothing has changed for God said He does not change, He does not need to break His own law so that you can live rebellious and stubbornly not hearing the voice of our Father who art in heaven, Hallowed be His name, May His will be done on earth as it is done in heaven. Forgive us

Mat 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Mat 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Mat 6:11 Give us this day our daily bread.
Mat 6:12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
Mat 6:13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Grace911

Nov 11, 2018
Jesus said:

Matthew 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Mark 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

Luke_10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.