can you guys post something funny please?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
This happens occasionally: no image shows up. If/when I quote your post, still, nothing is there,
until I toggle BB code. Then I can see the image url, which I copy and paste into a new tab's address
bar, to see if I can see the image. I get this message:
URL signature expired .:unsure::cry::geek:

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
This happens occasionally: no image shows up. If/when I quote your post, still, nothing is there,
until I toggle BB code. Then I can see the image url, which I copy and paste into a new tab's address
Oh thanks for letting me know Magenta...Never knew this could happen :sneaky::giggle:
...xox...

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Oh thanks for letting me know Magenta...Never knew this could happen :sneaky::giggle:
...xox...
You are welcome, Rosemary! Some sites do not allow file sharing, because doing so eats up/requires hard drive space and/or data... although I may not be using the exactly correct words, I think you may understand the concept, nevertheless .:D. Sharing files from sites like ipinimg or pinterest is not a problem, but other sites may not allow it at all, in which case it would be best to save the desired image to your device, and then either post directly from that file on your computer, or take it from there to an image host such as the one I use, https://postimages.org/ ... it requires no registration, and will not delete your image or replace it with another (some sites can, do, and will do that), such as for instance photobucket, which replaces it with an image saying too much bandwidth has been used already viewing that image, and hey, that is better than having it replaced with something far more sinister, but still...!!! The optimum is to not have the image disappear or be replaced at all so others can see what you posted... Personally I prefer uploading my images to my image host as opposed to sharing directly from my device, mostly because then when the post is quoted, the image goes with, and not just a link to it which others must click in order to see it. When that happens with a post I quote, I open the image and copy the url which has ChristianChat as the image host and then replace the number with the url. Ha. I may need to explain that better if you want to know what I mean... .:D. Still, I will post directly from my device occasionally, especially things I know may be a one-off, though generally speaking, as especially for my panels, I use my image host, and also save the urls for future postings, which most others would not require with the images being shared "just for laughs."

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
You are welcome, Rosemary! Some sites do not allow file sharing, because doing so eats up/requires hard drive space and/or data... although I may not be using the exactly correct words, I think you may understand the concept, nevertheless .:D. Sharing files from sites like ipinimg or pinterest is not a problem, but other sites may not allow it at all, in which case it would be best to save the desired image to your device, and then either post directly from that file on your computer, or take it from there to an image host such as the one I use, https://postimages.org/ ... it requires no registration, and will not delete your image or replace it with another (some sites can, do, and will do that), such as for instance photobucket, which replaces it with an image saying too much bandwidth has been used already viewing that image, and hey, that is better than having it replaced with something far more sinister, but still...!!! The optimum is to not have the image disappear or be replaced at all so others can see what you posted... Personally I prefer uploading my images to my image host as opposed to sharing directly from my device, mostly because then when the post is quoted, the image goes with, and not just a link to it which others must click in order to see it. When that happens with a post I quote, I open the image and copy the url which has ChristianChat as the image host and then replace the number with the url. Ha. I may need to explain that better if you want to know what I mean... .:D. Still, I will post directly from my device occasionally, especially things I know may be a one-off, though generally speaking, as especially for my panels, I use my image host, and also save the urls for future postings, which most others would not require with the images being shared "just for laughs."

Thank you once again Magenta...I have signed up to the link you posted...Waiting for email to set my password...So grateful to you...xox...

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Thank you once again Magenta...I have signed up to the link you posted...Waiting for email to set my password...So grateful to you...xox...
You are welcome! Wow, you signed up? Haha. I hate having to sign up for stuff. The less personal info I have to give, or not having to give my email for something, the happier I am LOL. My email is already over flooded with spam. I wonder what the perks are for signing up? Maybe there will be a place where you can see all the images you have hosted there, all at once, like opening a folder on your computer. Since I save the info given with each upload I make, I am also given a delete code which I could use at any time if I wanted. Any who, I hope you find that site helpful! Tinypic disappeared a while ago, and if you get to their site somehow, they redirect to photobucket, suggesting it as an alternative, which I have long thought was a terrible image host for a number of reasons... One thing more... when you upload an image, the best link to use for posting here is the direct link, which should be the second line of code given. You just have to add the image tags to it, which can be easily done with the HTML [img ]DIRECT LINK HERE[/ img] ... I put spaces in the code so it would show up for you. (y):). Oh! You can also resize on upload, which is a great option. 640 for a horizontal image is often quite large enough for most stuff...

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
You are welcome! Wow, you signed up? Haha. I hate having to sign up for stuff. The less personal info I have to give, or not having to give my email for something, the happier I am LOL. My email is already over flooded with spam. I wonder what the perks are for signing up? Maybe there will be a place where you can see all the images you have hosted there, all at once, like opening a folder on your computer. Since I save the info given with each upload I make, I am also given a delete code which I could use at any time if I wanted. Any who, I hope you find that site helpful! Tinypic disappeared a while ago, and if you get to their site somehow, they redirect to photobucket, suggesting it as an alternative, which I have long thought was a terrible image host for a number of reasons... One thing more... when you upload an image, the best link to use for posting here is the direct link, which should be the second line of code given. You just have to add the image tags to it, which can be easily done with the HTML [img ]DIRECT LINK HERE[/ img] ... I put spaces in the code so it would show up for you. (y):). Oh! You can also resize on upload, which is a great option. 640 for a horizontal image is often quite large enough for most stuff...
Oh my goodness...I do not have a brain that can store all that info you just posted lol...God has gifted you in this area sister :giggle:...I do not think I have to sign up , it was just to get a password to sign in , but at first it did only show a box to post image...Anyway , I shall bookmark the page and see how it goes...Will come back tomorrow and see the links you posted...Hopefully I will get the hang of it :geek:...xox...

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Oh my goodness...I do not have a brain that can store all that info you just posted lol...God has gifted you in this area sister :giggle:...I do not think I have to sign up , it was just to get a password to sign in , but at first it did only show a box to post image...Anyway , I shall bookmark the page and see how it goes...Will come back tomorrow and see the links you posted...Hopefully I will get the hang of it :geek:...xox...
Ah! Well, I work with images, and for the last 21 years it has included digital, more and more, to the point where we still do develop and print film, but through a digital medium, after scanning and saving them to our work space hard drive/server. So I know a little about sizing and saving because of that, and also because of the panels I design, which I just muddle through, really, since I have very little real training on how to use photoshop, because even though I have used it remedially at work, that work was mostly done by others. Anyways, back to the image host, https://postimages.org/ , I never have to sign in, I just go there, and select what I want to do... one thing you may find handy is uploading from a url... that means, you see an image you want to share, but it may or may not be from a site that allows for file sharing, and maybe it is also a really really big image. Ugh. Haha. So you select, upload by url. Otherwise, just select upload. Then you can select whether you want to resize, and how big you want it from the drop down...

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Here is an example: (@Rosemaryx )

Image found online, posted as is:

After uploading by url and opting resize to 640 pixels wide:

Sizing to 320 pixels wide:

This was the third image I tried, because the first two were invalid.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
It is ok, if you click on it, it takes you back to the last post.