Can you lose your Salvation?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

savedsince14

Hello,Prodigal5. I am savedsince14. And since that is my name on here,and I will be 51 at the end of March, that is exactly what I believe. You see, salvation is basically Jesus saving us from paying our sin debt in hell, which, by the way , is the ONLY place it can be paid. When we accept Jesus as our saviour, then we are accepting his payment for our sin debt so we won't EVER have to pay it . It is like if you went to a bank and borrowed $1000.00 dollars. oyu would owe that to that bank. If I went to that bank and payed off that $1000.00 dollars for you. you would no longer owe it . The only difference between a bank loan and salvation is you could go and reborrow that money. salvation is a ONE TIME thiong .. The scripture you quoted has the " renew them AGAIN." This means that if a person tries to live after they are saved like they did before they got saved, then they DO NOT get saved all over again, but ask the Lord to forgive them. You see, people who are lost don't care what they do. Saved people have the Holy Spirit inside them convicting them when they do something wrong. Here's something that would have to be true in order for you to lose salvation. God gives salvation,right? Who wants you to sin? Satan, right? So, if God gives salvation and a sin could take it away from you, then Satan would be more powerful than God because he would be able to take away what God gives. One of my favorite verses for once saved-always saved is Galations 2:22 which states" For I DO NOT frustrate the grace of god. for if righteous come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain." put simply, if you could live good enough to get yourself in to heaven. then there was NO reason for Christ to come. A verse that I suggest to everyone and will help you as well is what I believe to be the key verse to the entire Bible. It is 2nd Timothy 2:15 which states," Study to show thyself approved unto God,a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." The key words here are " unto God." Check your belief out with the scripture and if your belief doesn't match, change your belief to match it . Not what grandma believes ,or grandpa, or anyone else but God. Now, God can use other people to help you , but take the final word from God. I have believed in eternal salvation for many, many years because I know it is a Biblical truth . Now your lifestyle after salvation is for two reasons.First, to benefit you at the judgement seat of Christ.Second,to make believers out of other people. We have to physically prove that we are saved by how we live our lives. This does not mean we will never sin again. If that were true, then Paul could't have said ,"If we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us."For example , if I tell you I have a $1000.00 dollar bill in my pocket, then I am going to have to show it to you to prove I have it. Jesus is not here in the flesh anymore, so He lives in the saved people and we are His representatives.He said himself," I will NEVER leave thee nor forsake thee." If we could lose salvation , then that would mean he would leave us. If you would like to email me, My e-mail address is [email protected] and I will gladly discuss it with you further.I am not ashamed to believe once saved - always saved because I KNOW it is Biblically true.I hope this has been a help to you and everyone else who has a problem believing this.

G

GingerFollowerofChrist

You can lose your salvation.

Just like when the bible says if you do not forgive others your sins your Heavenly Father wont forgive.

That means if you hold unforgiveness in your heart then if you die you are going to not be inheriting salvation. That is just one verse that goes against that once saved always saved doctrine.

S

spacefreak

you can turn away from GOD but GOD will never turn his back on you