Cant change my ways..

  • Thread starter Thread starter shawny_boy
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

shawny_boy

Guest
Im not really sure to begin, and honestly i dont want to say too much because i really hate myself for it. But basically im a sinner (duh, we all are :p), but i just cant seem to quit my sinful ways. I do good for a week or so, but always commit the same sins over and over. Im getting scared, because sometimes i dont even feel bad for it. I dont want o become decensitized to my sinning, to the point where i dont even care. Its just been going on for so long, i keep asking for forgiveness, but turn right around and do it again. Its like i completely forget about God, until later on then i feel foolish and ask for forgiveness again. Rinse and repeat. Im dont know how to break this cycle... I dont know how God can even continue forgiving me time and time again. Please pray for me..
 
Hi Shawny,
When you stumble, pick yourself up. Walking with God is a learning process. If there's something you're doing that doesn't bless God and bless you, stop and think how you can react differently next time if the situation happens again. Arm yourself with the ability to change. You don't have to continue to sin. If we confess our sins, God is faithful to forgive us. We tell him we're sorry in Jesus' name and move on. God forgives us as far as the east is from the west. There is no end to His mercy and love for His children.

I ask God (who is rich in mercy) for forgivenss of sins. In Jesus' name, Amen.

God bless,
Mary O.
 
Shawny!! God is soooo amazing and great - we cannot even comprehend the love he has for us - because it is not something we can relate to! God's love in unconditional - and no matter what it is you are dealing with now, God will always love you and always be ready and willing to cleanse you if you go to Him and ask for forgivness. Maybe you should find someone you truly trust, and ask them to keep you accountable. I know it is not easy to share your struggles with another person, but we are all sinful. Keep your eyes turned toward God - He will direct you!

I will be praying for you!!! Feel free to email me anytime! :) Take care Shawny.
 
Thanks guys, unfortunatly i dont have anyone that i trust enough to confide this kinda stuff with. I just pray that God keeps me strong the next time the situation arises, i know its not a problem i can conquer on my own, i need his help. Its just hard how sometimes it feels like im alone in my problems, i have to remember that he is always there.
 
Thanks guys, unfortunatly i dont have anyone that i trust enough to confide this kinda stuff with. I just pray that God keeps me strong the next time the situation arises, i know its not a problem i can conquer on my own, i need his help. Its just hard how sometimes it feels like im alone in my problems, i have to remember that he is always there.


And its never really easy to do that, but you CAN! Through Christ ALL THINGS are possible. Don't rely on you, lean fully on the Lord for support through all of this. I know its never easy, and you must feel like you keep hearing things you already know... I will keep praying for you...

<3
 
remember Our God is a forgiving GOD. If you want and maybe you should get a 'fake' email and contact a pastor at a church, that way you can be 'safe' and you share what's going on.
I want you to pray everyday when you get up to keep your mind clean and to keep walking with God.
* please try the fake email thing ** yahoo/aol/ anyone. that way u can really open up and then u will feel so much better.
In his name Laura
 
God will forgive you because he loves you and is patience, but you also have to be patience with yourself. just keep pushing towards God, read your Bible, fast, and be obedient to His word. Do the will of God when evil attempts to raise againts you.

"In mercy and truth Atonement is provided for iniquity; And by fear of the Lord one departs from evil."
Proverbs 16:6
"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, But fools despise wisdom and instruction"
Proverbs 1:7
 
oh and Confess everything to a Pastor you can get to know and trust.
 
Hi, Hope you are well. When we are youing we can be led astray by things and others. Its part of growing up. All you can do is beleive in yourself, as you are worth more than you think. It sometimes takes time to learn about others and situations. Dont trust in man, but trust in GOD. I went through tough times when I was youinger mainly becasue I had an illness (mental illness) which didnt help. So dont be hard on yourself and just say if this sinning seems so bad to you,ask yourself what long term effect do you get out of it. Say to yourself, you are worth more, and have more self respect also. With self respect people will see a difference in you and like you more. Hope this helps from Mandy xx
 
Don't keep pushing God. You can make some very bad things come onto you that will teach you a very hard lesson. God forgives but he gets mad and fed up also.
 
I will be praying for you. Dont give up just keep going and hold your head up high you will get though it withl praying and with Gods help. He is always going to be there for you know matter what. He never gives up on use so we should'nt never give up on him.
 
How about people who commit sin knowing full well it is a sin against God and think, oh well, I'll just ask forgiveness later and continue in a sinful lifestyle up to a point ask forgiveness perhaps slide again and repeat like the poster?
 
How about people who commit sin knowing full well it is a sin against God and think, oh well, I'll just ask forgiveness later and continue in a sinful lifestyle up to a point ask forgiveness perhaps slide again and repeat like the poster?


this is something i wonder about constantly!
 
I'm glad i'm not the only one. Are we saved when we believe and commit etc or do we have to repent several times a day to recieve salvation? Apparently people believe both views and I would really appreciate feedback to the correct view, I think it's the first rather than the latter but I'm not entirely sure!

thx