Can't get an answer

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JDHills

I have a question that No one can seem to answer for me and its bothering me.... " If God knew that Adam would sin....why did he create him? Doesnt it seem like it would have saved a lot of trouble to just not make him?" and also, if he knew lucifer would rebel... why did he make him? Can anyone answer?

T

thefightinglamb

How could God make Adam a symbol or God 'in his image' and not have him have the ability to create? (even his destruction?)

It is being made in God's image (the greatest blessing) that had to also give him the ability to mess things up/sin...

But I truly think on a lot of these questions its best just to say as Joab said, "Who are you to question God and to say why he created such and such so and so? Is your wisdom greater than his than you can explain why or tell Him what to do or not do?"
We couldn't stop Jesus from dying even if we had wanted to...which is the greatest tragedy and the greatest gift that this world will ever experience.

The creation of Lucifer is beyond us as creatures to understand I believe even farther than our own creation from non-existence.

Thus truly I think part of the answer can be found both in the simple word "love" and "Jesus Christ"and possibly 'for his glory' (why he created us).

T

thefightinglamb

I meant 'a symbol of God' and not 'a symbol or God'

C

Charles

God created Adam in his image not his capabilities. Adam had his own will as we do. God tries us also. He tried Adam, and sorry to say, Adam messed up on that one, don' we all make our mistakes? We learn from our mistakes and move on to the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. I hppe that this does help with ur question, I am waiting for further contact wit u.

P

pinky

Perhaps to prove a point, giving man freedom of choice, teaching them that the rewards for chooseing good is better than chooseing bad, useing lucifer as an example , showing how harmful pride can be, in the end, lucifer will loose the battle, he already has lost, we must learn from this, also as Isaiah says in chapter 55, verse 8-11, "I don't think the way you think,the way you work isn't the way I work,, for as the sky soars high above the earth, so the way I work surpasses the way you work, and the way I think is beyond the way you think." some things are to deep for us to understand at this time, best wishes.....

W

WhereToGo

I have a question that No one can seem to answer for me and its bothering me.... " If God knew that Adam would sin....why did he create him? Doesnt it seem like it would have saved a lot of trouble to just not make him?" and also, if he knew lucifer would rebel... why did he make him? Can anyone answer?
I struggled with this a long time until God finally gave me peace and a glimpse of understanding into it I believe. It seems like God could have created adam without sin, without free will, and adam along with the rest of mankind, would have never known the difference. We could all be robots programmed to worship God and none of us would ever know any different. We would be living in a perfect world free of sin and corruption.

So why create satan and give us free will? Simple. Love. I don't have kids myself, but I can try to put myself into a parents role and making decisions for a child. Is it better to shelter a child from everything or to show them all their options? Which one shows more love? How can we understand a perfect love from God through our tainted view of human love?

God knew that he could make us all lack free will and follow him, with no one falling away. In his infinite, beyond understanding, perfect love though, he wanted us to have a choice. He knew we would not all choose him, but he wanted those who did worship him to choose to do so, not do it because it was the way he made them.

To give us this choice, we had to have a choice to begin with. Without God creating lucifer, and thereby evil, we wouldn't know what "good" was, with no opposite to compare it to. So God created a choice for us, knowing that the majority would NOT choose him, but giving everyone the same chance to do so. That took a long time for me to wrap my mind around, but once I did, it gave me a glimpse into the true bottomless, never ending, perfect love of God. I know some people will think that shows a side of God that is not love, but I don't view it that way.

He loved us SO MUCH that he HAD to give us a choice. To let each one of us decide for ourselves, he had to present us with a choice. I can't understand all of it, it is a supernatural perspective that I try to view through a natural mind, but God can reveal it to us through his Word and Spirit.

That's the best way I can put it. We have a choice because of a love that we cannot comprehend or grasp with our human mind. Human nature would tell us that it doesn't make sense, to just make us all with no choice, no one gets hurt that way, but God's love IS the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.