Can't Shower and Do Laundry on the Same Day

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
California’s water distribution systems lose up to 228 billion gallons a year, the state Department of Water Resources estimates — more than enough to supply the entire city of Los Angeles for a year.

The wasted water isn’t relegated to local areas in Southern California. The San Jose Mercury News reported about the Bay Area at the time, “Aging and broken pipes, usually underground and out of sight, have leaked enough water annually to submerge the whole of Manhattan by 5 feet — enough to meet the needs of 71,000 families for an entire year.”

I remember seeing Robin Williams as a guest on some kind of a talk show once; he was talking about Canada and how nice Canadians are, and then joked about how Americans were going to come for our water, saying it was no joke, actually, and I can certainly see, that wars could be fought over this most basic necessity of life. Monsanto has tried to take control of water resources in South American countries, buying off the corrupt governments to do so. Private corporations already own 5 percent of the world's fresh water.

Stunnedbygrace

Nov 12, 2015
California’s water distribution systems lose up to 228 billion gallons a year, the state Department of Water Resources estimates — more than enough to supply the entire city of Los Angeles for a year.

The wasted water isn’t relegated to local areas in Southern California. The San Jose Mercury News reported about the Bay Area at the time, “Aging and broken pipes, usually underground and out of sight, have leaked enough water annually to submerge the whole of Manhattan by 5 feet — enough to meet the needs of 71,000 families for an entire year.”

I remember seeing Robin Williams as a guest on some kind of a talk show once; he was talking about Canada and how nice Canadians are, and then joked about how Americans were going to come for our water, saying it was no joke, actually, and I can certainly see, that wars could be fought over this most basic necessity of life. Monsanto has tried to take control of water resources in South American countries, buying off the corrupt governments to do so. Private corporations already own 5 percent of the world's fresh water.
I can see it happening too - wars over water. Especially since in the past in the OT, they did that very thing - had fights over wells.
And the famine spoken of in Revelation would most likely be from a lack of rain. So...yeah, could easily happen.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I think the allotment of 55 gallons daily per person is just a metric for the water districts to do their planning.

Water isn't actually being rationed out per household.

It may cause some problems later, but right now there isn't any actual rationing.

--------

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Ha! Here in Canada I have a 50 gallon water tank. We’ve been showering, bathing, doing laundry all day. We also have inground irrigation by law. Our grass, gardening and veggies are watered every day. The lakes are very high right now. Later in the summer, we will go to watering on alternate days.

Living in the Mountains, in a huge lake, we have loads of water. But no, we will not be sending it south to California. No sense setting a precedent!

SaintMichaels

Jun 6, 2018

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I just read an article by the guy who wrote this, and explained why Snopes and some other fact checker was wrong. Kind of strange how that goes.

At any rate, I'm still glad I live in a sem-desert in BC, with loads of water.

SaintMichaels

Jun 6, 2018
I just read an article by the guy who wrote this, and explained why Snopes and some other fact checker was wrong. Kind of strange how that goes.

At any rate, I'm still glad I live in a sem-desert in BC, with loads of water.
I didn't think anyone considered Snopes a credible fact check site anymore after all that's been found out about their system.

California is slowly leaving the union of states with some of the most ridiculous posturing and open obstinate law breaking to date.
I think if the federal marshal service went in and arrested every mayor sustaining a so called sanctuary city, and after Jerry Brown was taken into custody, while putting sanctions on the state and stopping all federal funding, the state might recover.
Might.