Can't stop

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

South_FLA

Jan 1, 2017
Please pray for me that I stop masturbating. I usually don't do this, I have stopped for a long time but lately I have been caving in a lot, I'm under spiritual attack. I have lustful thoughts about girls all freakin day. Almost non-stop. Its annoying. Help me please. I'm trying not to think about girls anymore. Plz pray that my mind gets clear and that my heart and mind is solely focused on the Lord.. Thank you in advance.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Father God, we pray for South_FLA, let you help to resist the devil and lust so that it flees away. Lord please strengthen, give your knwledge and wisdom to say no to masturbation, Yes Lord bless South_FLA to live a Holy life for you, please bless. in Jesus loving name, Amen!

CherieR

May 6, 2017
The problem is you are trying not to think about girls. If you try not to think about anything, then you are going to think about it more. It is a normal thing that our brains do. Accept these thoughts and just allow them to be there until they leave on there own. Also dwell on good things, but don't try to force the bad thoughts out with good thoughts.Don't try to force them out as it will make the thoughts more prevalent. As for mastrubatimg, have you considered that you might be a little nervous? I will pray for you.

Last edited:

PANCAKES

Apr 26, 2009
Will be praying for you brother, keep searching the scriptures and make sure you are consistently replacing any lies you believe (write them down, ask the holy spirit to reveal any to you) with God's truth. After all, the truth will set us free John 8:32.

I'm posting this link on a lot of responses because It's helped me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qt6pFsdnhE&index=23&list=PL8713F125326D5020

Feb 7, 2015
The problem is you are trying not to think about girls. If you try not to think about anything, then you are going to think about it more. It is a normal thing that our brains do. Accept these thoughts and just allow them to be there until they leave on there own. Also dwell on good things, but don't try to force the bad thoughts out with good thoughts.Don't try to force them out as it will make the thoughts more prevalent. As for mastrubatimg, have you considered that you might be a little nervous? I will pray for you.
There is some solid truth here.

islandman

May 24, 2016
May Christ be your strength in your weakest and darkest times........... He can help you no matter how bad things may get

Zachary24

Jul 26, 2017
I have prayed for you my friend. God Bless you

Didymus

Jan 11, 2017
As others have said, read the Word. I find that during times of temptation or lack of faith, spending quiet time in the Word helps a lot. I learned years ago that when I am reading, praying, and meditating on the Word of God the devil has no power over me or my thought life. In fact, I believe that it is impossible for the child of God to experience satanic attacks while we are meditating on the Word. Please give it a try in earnest, and let us know how you are doing. To God be the glory- the victory is His!

jenniferand2

Mar 19, 2016
Yes I agree try not to focus so hard on the problems at hand.. Distracting yourself when you feel the desire or when your mind wanders where it should not will help a lot.. Not that I am a fan of self pleasure by any means i think God would rather you do that then actually sleep with a Girl and be unholy in that way...

Last edited:

South_FLA

Jan 1, 2017
Thanks everybody!! Even though this post is nearly 3 months old, I am very grateful for all the prayers and advice. Lord bless all of you :D

red_red_wine

Oct 14, 2017
Please pray for me that I stop masturbating. I usually don't do this, I have stopped for a long time but lately I have been caving in a lot, I'm under spiritual attack. I have lustful thoughts about girls all freakin day. Almost non-stop. Its annoying. Help me please. I'm trying not to think about girls anymore. Plz pray that my mind gets clear and that my heart and mind is solely focused on the Lord.. Thank you in advance.
Isaiah 55:6-8
6Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: 7Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. 8For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

South_FLA

Jan 1, 2017
Isaiah 55:6-8
6Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: 7Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. 8For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
Thank you beloved sister in Christ. I have been masturbation-free for over 4 months now. There are times where I get tempted heavily but I believe these same prayers that were prayed from this post and of course God's strength has helped me resist.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Luke 1:37 and Philippians 4:13