Can't we all just get along?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
(can't help but wonder why I'm hearing John Lennon singing........sigh)
[video=youtube;yRhq-yO1KN8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRhq-yO1KN8[/video]

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Conflict is good. Most people just don't know how to do it right.
And some have taken it to an "art form............" ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

(will not mention any names to avoid conflict)

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
After the CC Riots...

cantwealljustgetalong.jpg

Sep 16, 2014
We can never "Get along" with Satan and his lies!

We are to expose the lies of the god of this World!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Jesus said, "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace
to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

S

Sirk

And some have taken it to an "art form............" ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

(will not mention any names to avoid conflict)
I really wish you would tell us who you are referring too...:cool:. Anyway, how else does something get sharp unless you hold it up to the sharpening wheel and make a few sparks fly?

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Psalm 133:1
Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!

Titus 3:9
But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

Hey Saints! ;)

So, just to say, I want to give a hearty thank you to all the people who have given me help and spiritual guidance and encouragement on this site. You've been a big support and God bless you.

One thing I'd like to mention for your benefit... I wish everybody would listen to Titus 3:9 a little more on here. See, it seems like people fight a lot on Christianchat about different subjects more than encourage one another or just go with a direct quote from the Bible when they disagree (the best way of getting a true opinion, honestly).

The thing is, the Bible is about Salvation and people getting closer to Jesus their Creator. Finding redemption and truth in it's pages is the primary concern, not proving a point for personal gain or satisfaction. The minute standing up for God becomes a matter of personal satisfaction and pride rather than giving up all for him in humility is the minute you lose the point entirely. Honestly, I can understand that there will always be differences in interpretation of scripture until the end. But arguing from a human standpoint for human pride and personal satisfaction is simply not of God. Who are you really shouting and quarreling for; God or yourself?

Consider this:
If your really want to reach the people you disagree with on a Biblical subject, are you trying to convince them of your opinion because you love them and want them to get closer to God, or are you just trying to win a fight for personal satisfaction and pride. The kingdom of God is not a matter of contention and strife, but of victory through compassion and submission to HIS will in love and truth. There is a difference, though it may appear very subtle.

Brothers and Sisters, do not turn a battle for truth into a battle for pride. If you cannot manage that, then perhaps it is better to agree to disagree with your brother on a scriptural subject than to fight with the devil's tactics. Fighting for self under the guise of fighting for God can be just as damaging to the Kingdom as fighting for Satan.

Wishing you Peace, Love ;)

Elijah19

Hi

Am new to the this Forum and I have seen differences of beliefs, interpretation and opinions. While each is entitled to his own, it is really impossible to dwell in unity. Scripture remind me this in

Amo 3:3 Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

But of course, it would be better if each follow your suggestion.

God bless!

E

Elijah19

To clarify with everyone on here, the point I am trying to make here is not that conflict is always wrong or that we shouldn't stand up firmly against false doctrine. We should NEVER "get along" with the devil. My point is merely the same that the Bible makes: Christians should stand together in Christ against the World, not against each other or united with the Earth and it's passions. We already have the Devil fighting us enough... why should we add ourselves to the list of our already extensive droves of enemies?

When I say "Can't we all just get along", I mean, "Can't we be brothers and sisters in Christ following Him instead of the World".

E

Elijah19

John Lennon preaches an ungodly message in this song... and not the same message that I'm trying to get across with Biblical background either.

Imagining there is no heaven above or hell below or God in heaven is not the kind of unity the Bible calls for in the verses I previously mentioned. If you are a Christian who posted this, my call is that we call each other Christian brother and sister united against the World rather than following a lost hippie's ideology...

E

Elijah19

True... but is it meant to be a sword between believers, or a sword between us and the world? The latter one of course.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
To clarify with everyone on here, the point I am trying to make here is not that conflict is always wrong or that we shouldn't stand up firmly against false doctrine. We should NEVER "get along" with the devil. My point is merely the same that the Bible makes: Christians should stand together in Christ against the World, not against each other or united with the Earth and it's passions. We already have the Devil fighting us enough... why should we add ourselves to the list of our already extensive droves of enemies?

When I say "Can't we all just get along", I mean, "Can't we be brothers and sisters in Christ following Him instead of the World".
How I wish everybody will be brothers and sisters, that will make the world upside down but again the fact is not every person is in Christ.

God bless

E

Elijah19

Ken Allan... I never said that Christians are to keep silence on what God says in the Scriptures. My point is only that Christians are not to be at each other's throats, but to stand strong together against the World. What I said in my original post in no way tells people not to Preach the Word, convince, rebuke, and exhort. It only calls for the saints to stand together in Truth, same as the Bible...

Yet

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Psalm 133:1
Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!

Titus 3:9
But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

Hey Saints! ;)

So, just to say, I want to give a hearty thank you to all the people who have given me help and spiritual guidance and encouragement on this site. You've been a big support and God bless you.

One thing I'd like to mention for your benefit... I wish everybody would listen to Titus 3:9 a little more on here. See, it seems like people fight a lot on Christianchat about different subjects more than encourage one another or just go with a direct quote from the Bible when they disagree (the best way of getting a true opinion, honestly).

The thing is, the Bible is about Salvation and people getting closer to Jesus their Creator. Finding redemption and truth in it's pages is the primary concern, not proving a point for personal gain or satisfaction. The minute standing up for God becomes a matter of personal satisfaction and pride rather than giving up all for him in humility is the minute you lose the point entirely. Honestly, I can understand that there will always be differences in interpretation of scripture until the end. But arguing from a human standpoint for human pride and personal satisfaction is simply not of God. Who are you really shouting and quarreling for; God or yourself?

Consider this:
If your really want to reach the people you disagree with on a Biblical subject, are you trying to convince them of your opinion because you love them and want them to get closer to God, or are you just trying to win a fight for personal satisfaction and pride. The kingdom of God is not a matter of contention and strife, but of victory through compassion and submission to HIS will in love and truth. There is a difference, though it may appear very subtle.

Brothers and Sisters, do not turn a battle for truth into a battle for pride. If you cannot manage that, then perhaps it is better to agree to disagree with your brother on a scriptural subject than to fight with the devil's tactics. Fighting for self under the guise of fighting for God can be just as damaging to the Kingdom as fighting for Satan.

Wishing you Peace, Love ;)

Elijah19

Unity must be built on the foundation of truth, His word. Paul said if anyone brings any other gospel avoid them.

Love for the brethen is paramount. Foundational truth invites the Spirit to be a part. Destroy the foundation quenches the Spirit and what can the righteous do?

Thats why there is a lot of debate, and even heated, going on around here. I'm fighting for the very life of the ecclesia. That's not pride. That's what everyone of us is called to do, if indeed we are jealous for scripture. What better demonstration of love 'than a man lay down his reputation and his life' for the cause of Christ and His body.

My and my wife's heart is revealed in our film. Love, natural affection. This has been soundly rejected by hundreds of pastors and Christians. It was our last ditch effort at the time, to reach the church. They won't even allow us to give free copies to the congregants. So I continue to reveal why this is by teaching the word of God. Yes love and truth need to be restored.

Last edited:

Yet

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Jesus said 'let there be no divisions among you'. Then He said it is needful that heresies be among you to show the stark contrast between truth and lies.

He also said that He did not come to bring peace but division. A mother against the daughter in law, son against father, etc., etc..One redeemed, one not. Dissensions will come, and a lot.

In the perfect world to come, realization of perfect 'get along with everybody' harmony will become a reality.

We are still in the war of the ages and unless He returns anytime soon, the battle will continue.

Poem: I jest a bit. To live with the saints in His kingdom, that will be glory. But to hang out with some of them folks down here, well that's another story. Smile.

The best that can be hoped for is for believers to stir up the flame within that is about to go out, if it hasn't already.

This would require getting back to the bible and lining up with it as much as possible. And most of you know where I'm coming from. Some repentance will be in order.

The closer we align with Him, and that's everyone getting out of the wagon and help push, the closer we'll be aligned with one another.

Then when we sing a song together like 'Amazing Grace how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me........' We'll finally get it. Tears streaming down our cheeks, the Spirit of God filling our cups with love one for another., now that's church folks! That's what He's all about. That's what I'm all about.

eternallife7

May 19, 2015
The book of Jude talks about how certain men have crept in and they cause divisions