Casting Stones !!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter kennethcadwell
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kennethcadwell

Guest
We live in a day and age where we should no better by the example that our Lord Jesus Christ gave to us, but unfortunately on a every day basis I see fellow Christians still casting stones at others. Making life and death judgment calls on others lives for sins they commit, being condemning instead of edifying, name calling, making false claims toward others, claiming others have said things they haven't trying to make the other look bad, and showing a hateful attitude toward fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.
Lord Jesus said he who is without sin cast the first stone. None of us are without sin, so we have no right casting these stones at each other.

I would love to see in the Christian community for all this casting of stones to stop, but it all has to start somewhere.
So my prayer to God in the name of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and request to all my fellow brothers and sisters here on CC to try and go the rest of this month without casting a stone toward another. Let's try to see if we can make it one month with just love and understanding, without hatred or condemnation coming from our mouths toward others. And if you do show hatred or condemnation toward another, or cast a stone. I would love to see an apology thread started so that we if any of us slip can make an apology to the other.

God bless
 
Even though I haven't casted any stones... I have made strong disagreements with my sister soulweaver, who is a gentle soul. We do agree on most things and I would like to publicly apologize for stepping out are friendship, are disagreements seemed big at the moment but everyone's on the same path of perfection.. I would like her to consider being my friend again, and anyone that has the love for God as we do. I know I can be hard to get along with, and I'm not much for just social light talk, I've lived a hard life escaping death more times then I can remember by the grace of God, and this has made me some what of a recluse. I apologize, I don't want anyone to be like me necessarily, I want everyone to be like Jesus... Thank you for making this thread Kenneth.. I love you all as Jesus loves you more. May God bless all of you in a special way...
 
Last edited:
Even though I haven't casted any stones... I have made strong disagreements with my sister soulweaver, who is a gentle soul. We do agree on most things and I would like to publicly apologize for stepping out are friendship, are disagreements seemed big at the moment but everyone's on the same path of perfection.. I would like her to consider being my friend again, and anyone that has the love for God as we do. I know I can be hard to get along with, and I'm not much for just social light talk, I've lived a hard life escaping death more times then I can remember by the grace of God, and this has made me some what of a recluse. I apologize, I don't want anyone to be like me necessarily, I want everyone to be like Jesus... Thank you for making this thread Kenneth.. I love you all as Jesus loves you more. May God bless all of you in a special way...


Thank you, but give that thanks and glory to God.
For through His Holy Spirit I was pulled to start this thread, so that people can have a place to look into themselves and see if there is any way they cast a stone or offended another brother or sister in Christ. Remember debates are not wrong to have between each other, for the help to lead to edification and better understanding in the word. Through those debates though we must learn to bridle our tongues and not let them get heated and idol words start getting tossed around.
I apologize to any I have offended as well, for I can let my passion in the word get the better of me sometimes and when somebody starts in on me, my first response is to quickly retaliate.
But like I have started to do, is I step back think about what I am going to say then let the Holy Spirit's guidance help me type it out.

God bless
 
I don't point fingers, I can only say how I feel. It's easy to "whip" your fellow humans for doing wrong. But as I recall. Jesus said judge not. All, cast stones now, jockeying for a position on the "christian" ladder. Never realizing that Jesus looked at all as HIS equal. Figure it out Christians, when the time comes.... you were given the rules, you chose to ignore them.
Not all that call him Lord will enter into the kingdom of heaven.
 
I don't point fingers, I can only say how I feel. It's easy to "whip" your fellow humans for doing wrong. But as I recall. Jesus said judge not. All, cast stones now, jockeying for a position on the "christian" ladder. Never realizing that Jesus looked at all as HIS equal. Figure it out Christians, when the time comes.... you were given the rules, you chose to ignore them.
Not all that call him Lord will enter into the kingdom of heaven.


Good post, it is sad how some would try to twist the things that you said from the bible to justify how they want to continue doing them. Saying that they can judge by using righteous judgment, but how can one use righteous judgment when they do not know their heart. Yes I know the bible says we will know somebody by their deeds, but what if we see somebody that we consider the worse sinner imaginable;
Some will say cast them away immediately, put them to death, and so on, but if they eventually repent and turn from that? Jesus says to forgive them, as He forgave us.
Then they justify the not everybody who calls Him Lord, Lord as not believing in Him at all form the beginning, or has nothing to do with their actions. But this again shows by previous verses they did things for themselves, and not for the love of God.
 
It truly makes me sad and confused. I wish to feel a kindred with my brothers and sisters in Christ. However the cruelty that is shown on the daily makes me wonder how people close their eyes. How they don't see a father pitting child against mother, sibling. Causing a riff, not to mention cheating on the mother smacking her because she said I wishwe could go home. Then strut around yelling for all to hear ILove Jesus! That's my childhood. Took me detaching myself for 10 years to realize he's not the example. Jesus is. Listen to his words. He is a real Leader
 
It truly makes me sad and confused. I wish to feel a kindred with my brothers and sisters in Christ. However the cruelty that is shown on the daily makes me wonder how people close their eyes. How they don't see a father pitting child against mother, sibling. Causing a riff, not to mention cheating on the mother smacking her because she said I wishwe could go home. Then strut around yelling for all to hear ILove Jesus! That's my childhood. Took me detaching myself for 10 years to realize he's not the example. Jesus is. Listen to his words. He is a real Leader


Yes, we all have our personal trials and tribulations we go through in life and is nothing new.
Jesus even informed the Apostles in Matthew 10 all they would go through in spreading the good news, and we all know what was the final outcome of them.
Personal trials are a constant in the growth of a believer, but that does not mean we as fellow brothers and sisters in Christ should add to each other more problems. There is no edifying in that.
 
such is the body of Christ wheat and tare goats and sheep good and bad heathens and Christians all in the same building all on the same site!
pastac
 
such is the body of Christ wheat and tare goats and sheep good and bad heathens and Christians all in the same building all on the same site!
pastac


I personally like Matthew 25, which is the separation of the sheep from the goats.
This shows both groups believing Jesus is the Lord, but only one gets eternal life. And that is the ones who helped those in need. He tells them if you do for them, you do for Me. But if you don't do for them, you don't do it for Me.

If actions do not matter, why does He send some to eternal punishment for their actions?
 
I personally like Matthew 25, which is the separation of the sheep from the goats.
This shows both groups believing Jesus is the Lord, but only one gets eternal life. And that is the ones who helped those in need. He tells them if you do for them, you do for Me. But if you don't do for them, you don't do it for Me.

If actions do not matter, why does He send some to eternal punishment for their actions?

Good post...it seems to be where most disagreement comes in.. Most don't change over night, they are slowly corrected on thought and deed, and they'd be wise to listen to the Holy Spirit.. Some just want to think faith in Christ is enough.." He washes away all their sins ". Which is true, He does wash away sins, only to replace it with His righteousness, not more and more sins..


…18But someone may well say, "You have faith and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works." 19You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder. 20But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless?…
 
Good post...it seems to be where most disagreement comes in.. Most don't change over night, they are slowly corrected on thought and deed, and they'd be wise to listen to the Holy Spirit.. Some just want to think faith in Christ is enough.." He washes away all their sins ". Which is true, He does wash away sins, only to replace it with His righteousness, not more and more sins..


…18But someone may well say, "You have faith and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works." 19You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder. 20But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless?…


Yes, and if anybody wants an answer about works or deeds all they have to do is go to James.
He will answer all your questions, even how our faith is made perfect.

James 2:22
Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
 
I personally like Matthew 25, which is the separation of the sheep from the goats.
This shows both groups believing Jesus is the Lord, but only one gets eternal life. And that is the ones who helped those in need. He tells them if you do for them, you do for Me. But if you don't do for them, you don't do it for Me.

If actions do not matter, why does He send some to eternal punishment for their actions?

But the word say clear let let the wheat and tare grow together and I'll do the separating. So I can further deduce that he can separate goats from sheep believers from unbelievers vipers from dogs birds from fish actions only matter when they line up with what Christ says to do otherwise they are just actions get the picture?
pastac
 
But the word say clear let let the wheat and tare grow together and I'll do the separating. So I can further deduce that he can separate goats from sheep believers from unbelievers vipers from dogs birds from fish actions only matter when they line up with what Christ says to do otherwise they are just actions get the picture?
pastac

13for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.
 
But the word say clear let let the wheat and tare grow together and I'll do the separating. So I can further deduce that he can separate goats from sheep believers from unbelievers vipers from dogs birds from fish actions only matter when they line up with what Christ says to do otherwise they are just actions get the picture?
pastac


I would have to disagree on this, because the bible says that our actions matter rather they line up or not with God.
For the scriptures say that if you believe in Him, then depending on how obedient your were in your works will depend on what type of rewards you get. And if you were totally disobedient even though you know Him, then you will have your place in the lake of fire as well.




13for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.


Yes God works in us through His Holy Spirit to guide us to do good works and produce good fruit.
Does this mean we automatically do this? I would by what I have seen in scripture say no, we still have free will to obey or deny the guidance. If not why would sin still be apart of our lives, for the Holy Spirit could easily keep us from sinning at all. We know we still do have to abstain from sin.
 
I would have to disagree on this, because the bible says that our actions matter rather they line up or not with God.
For the scriptures say that if you believe in Him, then depending on how obedient your were in your works will depend on what type of rewards you get. And if you were totally disobedient even though you know Him, then you will have your place in the lake of fire as well.







Yes God works in us through His Holy Spirit to guide us to do good works and produce good fruit.
Does this mean we automatically do this? I would by what I have seen in scripture say no, we still have free will to obey or deny the guidance. If not why would sin still be apart of our lives, for the Holy Spirit could easily keep us from sinning at all. We know we still do have to abstain from sin.

Kenneth the word of God means what it means. Your disagreement is to what exactly. Please don't explain just know I realize its baseless so an explanation will only further lessen my view of your more credible points. I have stayed clear of your comments that are questionable and allowed you to make some less than clear doctorial statements. I understand that wheat is wheat and tare is tare and growing together is what the word says will happen, and that it is God that will do the separating . I don't change the word or context and I would suggest that you start looking more at the spiritual implications and not so much head knowledge. You have a lot of good points but lately you are getting away from biblical interpretations and more Caldwell interpretations. This is in love
pastac
 
Kenneth the word of God means what it means. Your disagreement is to what exactly. Please don't explain just know I realize its baseless so an explanation will only further lessen my view of your more credible points. I have stayed clear of your comments that are questionable and allowed you to make some less than clear doctorial statements. I understand that wheat is wheat and tare is tare and growing together is what the word says will happen, and that it is God that will do the separating . I don't change the word or context and I would suggest that you start looking more at the spiritual implications and not so much head knowledge. You have a lot of good points but lately you are getting away from biblical interpretations and more Caldwell interpretations. This is in love
pastac


What I disagree with is people saying that we can no longer disobey God when we have the Holy Spirit in us. The scriptures do not say that, and Hebrews chapters 3,6, and 10 make that clear. So does the unforgivable sin that Jesus mentioned. The blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is the direct and continuous denial of the Holy Spirit working in your life and denying to follow His guidance. If you reject the Holy Spirit, and His guidance and say His gifts no longer are in affect in our lives, then you are in turn denying Christ, which denies the Father.
 
Make it really easy to not cast stones by making sure the stone you use is too big for you to pick up? :p
 
Make it really easy to not cast stones by making sure the stone you use is too big for you to pick up? :p


This is true, and another thing that shows that we are to be careful how we make judgment calls on others is this;

Do not judge, for if you do judge, the manner in which you judge you also will be judged.