Categories of Recipes

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 19, 2010
Ethnic/Regional
i.e.: French, Italian, Greek, etc., etc., etc.,

WITHIN those, you would have...
Appetizer, Salad, Entree...

May 2, 2011
Breakfast
Appetizers / Snacks / Fruits
Salads / Soups / Breads
Meats / Casseroles
Vegetables / Side Dishes
Desserts
Healthy / Organic
Quick & Easy

something like that lol?? You can change it up however you like...8 or 14 groups?
Good list -- Please add-

* VEGETARIAN
* VEGAN
* FASTING

Jun 19, 2011
bacon. pig meat is considered to be carrion by a very huge number of religions, so i won't do bacon recipes. or shellfish since the vomit-on-your-shoes prejudice affects my recipes ( my wife cringes when i start the CockRoach jokes. after all that's what they are.) if you categorize recipes, i would prefer you take this into account. maybe?

P

prodigaldaughter

You can also add special occasions and bread.

J

jerusalem

i think categorizing the recipes is a great idea. the one i would like to see the most is the category of requesting a recipe. i have been looking for a good fried bread recipe for years.:)

Oct 31, 2011
The recipe forum is one of the least used forums on Christian Chat, do you really think dividing it is necessary?

The recipes seem to divide between individual recipes and overall instructions like how to cook on a budget, or how to eat healthy, Maybe if you divided it into "Recipes" and "How to" it would work.

rosita

Feb 8, 2015
I want to know if is possible to include a section of requests. I want to coock the real donuts for example, because i don't know how is the real donuts recipe of USA, haha. And that will be my request of requests.

F

fi

hi there.. I am new to this but wanted to share that altho the Lord healed me completely of arthritis inmy shoulder many years ago ( and it has never returned) I slowly developed naggin pains in other parts of my body ( old age arthritis) and also I had a lot of weight gain and varicose veins. I found a video called Gary Yourofsky's Best Ever Speech which was very long ( an hour!!) but also very interesting and watchable- and it talked about why we shouldn't eat the products of crutley because that is the same as supporting the crutley so they can do it again. I could see as a christian that going vegan was a very good thing... and guess what ? the arthritis went, the varicse veins went and the weight just disappeared. My ehalth is so good now, for which I thank God every day because I am eating the diet that He gave us in the garden of Eden and also is anticipated in Scripture-tha the Lion will lie down with the lamb.

so please watch Gary Yourofsky's Best Ever Speech on Youtube and after you are saddened by what goes on, then pick yourself up and choose to change for a much healthier way--- it will win you frineds who are vegan and also love animals and it makes us a much BETTER witness for Christ ( because it shows we care and have love, real love, not just words) as well as great health.
THEN.. here is the good bit... you will find AMAZING recipes for delicious brilliant food all over the internet. There are brilliant vegan webistes everywhere. There are also christian-vegan facebook pages. google it and find out. You will be sooo thankful to God that He has provided an answer to our health needs... you will be quite amazed at the changes,.....I can testify that yes, it is true, that God DOES heal instantly and miraculously, but He also GIVES us what we need for health in nutrition... I highly recommend this wonderful way of living..... God bless :) :) ps kids love it..... :)

H

HappyNewYear2016

hi there.. I am new to this but wanted to share that altho the Lord healed me completely of arthritis inmy shoulder many years ago ( and it has never returned) I slowly developed naggin pains in other parts of my body ( old age arthritis) and also I had a lot of weight gain and varicose veins. I found a video called Gary Yourofsky's Best Ever Speech which was very long ( an hour!!) but also very interesting and watchable- and it talked about why we shouldn't eat the products of crutley because that is the same as supporting the crutley so they can do it again. I could see as a christian that going vegan was a very good thing... and guess what ? the arthritis went, the varicse veins went and the weight just disappeared. My ehalth is so good now, for which I thank God every day because I am eating the diet that He gave us in the garden of Eden and also is anticipated in Scripture-tha the Lion will lie down with the lamb. so please watch Gary Yourofsky's Best Ever Speech on Youtube and after you are saddened by what goes on, then pick yourself up and choose to change for a much healthier way--- it will win you frineds who are vegan and also love animals and it makes us a much BETTER witness for Christ ( because it shows we care and have love, real love, not just words) as well as great health. THEN.. here is the good bit... you will find AMAZING recipes for delicious brilliant food all over the internet. There are brilliant vegan webistes everywhere. There are also christian-vegan facebook pages. google it and find out. You will be sooo thankful to God that He has provided an answer to our health needs... you will be quite amazed at the changes,.....I can testify that yes, it is true, that God DOES heal instantly and miraculously, but He also GIVES us what we need for health in nutrition... I highly recommend this wonderful way of living..... God bless :) :) ps kids love it..... :)
Muy bueno advice!!!

B

Becky124

Zucchini Patties Yummy You shred the Zucchini then add two to three eggs depending on the size of the Zucchini mix together then fry in Coconut Oil cook until brown on both sides.

peacenik

May 11, 2016
Zucchini Patties Yummy You shred the Zucchini then add two to three eggs depending on the size of the Zucchini mix together then fry in Coconut Oil cook until brown on both sides.

I enjoy zucchini but cannot use eggs anymore. I've put them on a batter of corn flour and it works quite well. :)

F

FRANKMOON1934

THEY SHOULD ALSO BE CATAGORIZED BY INGREDIENT, FOR EXAMPLE: HAMBURGER RECIPES, CHICKEN RECIPES, VEGITARIAN RECIPES...ETC.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
They kind of ARE categorized by ingredients, since the ingredients are given with the recipe. :)

F

FRANKMOON1934

They kind of ARE categorized by ingredients, since the ingredients are given with the recipe. :)

I mean that you should place all hamburger recipes in one place with other hamburger recipes, etc.
If I'm looking for recipes that are for hamburger, I don't want sushi or chicken recipes taking up my time...

Jan 31, 2019
I agree with the categories Snowangel has. I love to cook and find new recipes, so this would be great!