Categories of Recipes

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
Should the recipe forum be divided into subforums (for the purpose of categories of recipes)?

If so, what should the categories be?

:)

AlaynaJ

Staff member
Dec 15, 1999
I would think the subforums would be good as things like
Desserts
Breakfasts
Entrees
Quick Meal Ideas
Appetizers/Snacks

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
Thank you AlaynaJ :)

Any other suggestions on if/how we should categorize it?

S

snowangel

Breakfast
Appetizers / Snacks / Fruits
Salads / Soups / Breads
Meats / Casseroles
Vegetables / Side Dishes
Desserts

Last edited by a moderator:

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
How about just two categories:

Healthy
Unhealthy

:D

Jun 2, 2009
Hi Yes I would say to divide is categories but additionally to indicate healthy or unhealthy some of us are trying to take a few extra pounds off that we gained from baby weight that is not so easy to get rid of after the 2nd 3rd and 4th child yes I said 4th and I would not change them I have the exceptional kids and thank Jesus for them and a loving and supportive husband helps.

R

Raeshelle

Breakfast
Salads / Soups / Breads
Meats / Casseroles
Vegetables / Side Dishes
Desserts[/quote
This sounds like a good Idea. I agree with Snowy. I was gonna say the same thing.

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
So where would my whole grain organic pure-peanut peanut butter sandwich recipe fit in, if those are the categories? :)

S

snowangel

Breakfast
Salads / Soups / Breads
Meats / Casseroles
Vegetables / Side Dishes
Desserts
Healthy / Organic
Quick & Easy

something like that lol?? You can change it up however you like...8 or 14 groups?

Last edited by a moderator:

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
Okay.. only thing is, there should not be any duplicates... each recipe/post should go into just one category.. so there shouldn't be a lot of overlap between categories.

1still_waters

So where would my whole grain organic pure-peanut peanut butter sandwich recipe fit in, if those are the categories? :)
Hippy Food

M

missy2shoes

hahaha....yea hippy as in hippy.....and hippy as it makes ya hips big :p

B

BrokenAndBeautiful

How about this:

1. Healthy
2. Not so Healthy
3. Artery Clogging
4. "Quick, call the hospital, I'm having a coronary!" :)

T

TheSoccerDude

So, I can share my awesome recipees on here?
Does Snickerdoodles sound good?

Ellie

Dec 14, 2009
Maybe a heap of food categories wouldn't be soo important but you could just have a few very general ones as well as categories for posts that don't contain recipes

Savory
Sweet
Special needs
Drinks
Questions, Tips and requests
General cooking chatter

or soemthing.

Just a thought

H

Harley_Angel

How about

Meat (For all recipes with meat as the main ingredient)

Bread (For all recipes with bread as the main ingredient)

Vegetables (For recipes with vegetables as the focus)

Desserts (Sweets...woot)

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
Do you think there should be some recipe categories for people with major food allergies? (example: Wheat, Milk...that type of stuff.)

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
So, I can share my awesome recipees on here?
Does Snickerdoodles sound good?
lol I just saw this. But you'd be able to put your recipes on here. This is what the forum is for ;) :) I bet people would love a Snickerdoodle recipe

cookie39

Oct 5, 2009
mmmmm BACON!! I love bacon.... I love God, I love bacon, I love God I love bacon.....LOL Jk... Can't you tell I am bored...LOL... How about a good clean jokes forum.. I got lots of them... ok Imma getting off this thread...lol.... love yall