Catholicism vs Protestantism

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
What part of ccc talk about that?
The part about the body working as a whole is from the scriptures, Corinthians 12 comes to mind. But I wouldn't be surprised if Catholic leaders have expounded on the idea.

Which group do you believe is the one group that God talks to? Or do you believe God has stopped talking to groups and now talks only to individuals?

So be it, but I don't believe her interpretation

I believe no salvation apart from Jesus
That's what Catholics say, too!
There is salvation apart of RCC
Is there salvation apart from the body of Christ?
I believe no body worship true God and reject Jesus in the same time
We might be thinking of worship in different ways.

Taking a look at Romans 10:2 again,
"2 I can tell you for certain that they really want to serve God."
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+10&version=NIRV
Is that translation clearer? Is it saying that Jews really want to serve the true God?

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
So you do believe Holy Spirit speak to individual
It's certainly a possibility!

At the same time, look around here at CC, all the different interpretations of different Bible passages.
And probably most people feel that they have been told the right one by the holy Spirit!

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Are you honestly saying this?

Romans 10: 3 For being ignorant of a false God's righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, they didn't subject themselves to the righteousness of a false God.
3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

What is establish their own God mean?
To me it mean make their own god.

God made by them is not true god, no body able to make true god

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Other Christians didn't have $50,000 copies of the Bible in their houses, as I understand it.

Paper was expensive. Someone would have to pay your living expenses for the year or so that it would take you to copy it by hand. This assumes that you were able to read and write, which most people back then couldn't, I've heard. Most people spend all day long working in their farms to stay alive.

Also, copies of the Bible in Western Europe were in Latin, I believe.
I heard the story from Chinese Christian about 40 years ago, they don't have printed bible they make copy by hand

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Or they are ignorant of the true God, is another possibility, imo.
What do you mean by Ignorance of true god ?

SYNONYM STUDY FOR IGNORANT
1. Ignorant, illiterate, unlettered, uneducated mean lacking in knowledge or in training. Ignorant may mean knowing little or nothing, or it may mean uninformed about a particular subject: An ignorant person can be dangerous. I confess I'm ignorant of mathematics. Illiterate originally meant lacking a knowledge of literature or similar learning, but is most often applied now to one unable to read or write: necessary training for illiterate soldiers. Unlettered emphasizes the idea of being without knowledge of literature: unlettered though highly trained in science. Uneducated refers especially to lack of schooling or to lack of access to a body of knowledge equivalent to that learned in schools: uneducated but highly intelligent.

End quote
Lack of knowledge who is god is not the same as establish their own god

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
It's certainly a possibility!

At the same time, look around here at CC, all the different interpretations of different Bible passages.
And probably most people feel that they have been told the right one by the holy Spirit!
Than love them and pray for them, if you know a person, interprate bible wrongly, tell him why wrong
For sure ccc 816 and ccc 841 are wrong and I try to tell you

May 2, 2020
Redding
Anything that contradicts God's word is not of God but of Satan. Many denominations that say they are of Christ are truly Antichrist. This is the problem with religion. There is however a religion that is the mother of all apostate churches and she is also the harlot mentioned in Revelation. God detests superstitious beliefs and rituals which is evident by reading his word. You must test the spirits to determine if they are truly from God or from Satan. For any tradition or ritual that a religion uses or recommends, one should always consult scripture and if that thing is not found in scripture then it was created by man outside of scripture and therefore is not of God. God's word is absolute. Satan comes masquerading as an angel of light and can speak scripture and twist it to make it seem plausibly Christian in nature. One of the greatest deceptions he will use is to drag billions to hell into believing a lie and most are given a strong delusion into believing in the lie. But there are those of us with the spirit of truth who are tasked with warning the lost sheep who are being deceived.

Sadly if one never takes the time to study the history of religion and also use the ability of critical thinking when reading the scriptures they will remain blind. Do not take anyone's word for anything, even so-called theologians. Study the word for yourself and the history of things such as the Roman empire and what they became. Then look at the story of the Pharisees and compare how they also held fast to their many traditions are practices. Jesus warned us about then for a reason. The connections can be made between the Roman empire, Pharisees and the sea beast of Revelation. Those with eyes and ears will see and hear. It is my great hope that God will lift the veil for some of those people because I have family that I love and care about lost in such a thing. Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing who create doctrines of men which are truly doctrines of devils.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
The part about the body working as a whole is from the scriptures, Corinthians 12 comes to mind. But I wouldnl't be surprised if Catholic leaders have expounded on the idea.
Where, in what ccc number?
Is there salvation apart from the body of Christ?
I never read a verse say no salvation apart of body of Christ, and I don't believe RCC is body of Christ either
We might be thinking of worship in different ways.
Than it will be invalid, no body worship true God and reject jesus

Reject Jesus is honor lucifer, not worship true god

People may want to worship god, wich god, Allah, shiva or which god?

My friend pray in front of shay baba picture and he say, say baba is his god

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

What is establish their own God mean?
To me it mean make their own god.

God made by them is not true god, no body able to make true god
In your view, then, the god that they have a zeal for back in verse 2, the god they really want to serve, is not the true God.

Am I understanding what you're saying correctly?

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
I heard the story from Chinese Christian about 40 years ago, they don't have printed bible they make copy by hand
Great! I was thinking of Christian peasants in the middle ages in Europe or even the Byzantine empire. The vast majority couldn't read or write, the Bibles in the area were not in their language, and they spent all day long working to provide basic necessities.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
What do you mean by Ignorance of true god ?

SYNONYM STUDY FOR IGNORANT
1. Ignorant, illiterate, unlettered, uneducated mean lacking in knowledge or in training. Ignorant may mean knowing little or nothing, or it may mean uninformed about a particular subject: An ignorant person can be dangerous. I confess I'm ignorant of mathematics. Illiterate originally meant lacking a knowledge of literature or similar learning, but is most often applied now to one unable to read or write: necessary training for illiterate soldiers. Unlettered emphasizes the idea of being without knowledge of literature: unlettered though highly trained in science. Uneducated refers especially to lack of schooling or to lack of access to a body of knowledge equivalent to that learned in schools: uneducated but highly intelligent.

End quote
Lack of knowledge who is god is not the same as establish their own god
To worship the true God, but in ignorance.

We could rephrase that to
To worship the true God, but not knowing about him.

Acts 17: 23 For as I passed along, and observed the objects of your worship, I found also an altar with this inscription: 'TO AN UNKNOWN GOD.' What therefore you worship in ignorance, this I announce to you.

That word ignorance is talked about in detail in this link
https://biblehub.com/greek/50.htm

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
Than love them and pray for them, if you know a person, interprate bible wrongly, tell him why wrong
For sure ccc 816 and ccc 841 are wrong and I try to tell you
Amen to love them and pray for them!

The interesting thing is, I think you are wrong. And you think I am wrong.

And we both believe we are led by the holy Spirit. And you both believe it is good to tell each other that we are wrong!
:)

And of course, when the other person who is wrong believes they are led by the holy Spirit, it is very difficult for them to see that they are wrong, isn't it?

There is a very strong temptation, because it is a work of the flesh, to believe that the holy Spirit has given me the correct interpretation because I am sincere and deeply in touch with God. Since the other person believe something different, they must be less sincere and out of touch with God. This is how I know that I am more spiritual than most people here on Christian chat!

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
Where, in what ccc number?
I don't know. Do you know how to search a website?

Of course, there is more Catholic writing than just the CCC.

I never read a verse say no salvation apart of body of Christ, and I don't believe RCC is body of Christ either
Do you believe salvation apart from the body of Christ is possible?

Than it will be invalid, no body worship true God and reject jesus

Reject Jesus is honor lucifer, not worship true god
I hear what you're saying. I'm hoping that as we discuss the beginning of Romans chapter 10, our differences on this will clear up.

People may want to worship god, wich god, Allah, shiva or which god?

My friend pray in front of shay baba picture and he say, say baba is his god
Is he Jewish?

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
@Humbleservant777

Hi Humbleservant! You may be interested in commenting on the discussion Jackson and I are having about what Christians where to do in the middle ages, when Bibles were super expensive.

Here's the latest post
Great! I was thinking of Christian peasants in the middle ages in Europe or even the Byzantine empire. The vast majority couldn't read or write, the Bibles in the area were not in their language, and they spent all day long working to provide basic necessities.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
In your view, then, the god that they have a zeal for back in verse 2, the god they really want to serve, is not the true God.

Am I understanding what you're saying correctly?
Not true god.
God made by them. God that establish by them. Like catholic, make their own Jesus.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Then ask if any able to translate for them

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
To worship the true God, but in ignorance.

We could rephrase that to
To worship the true God, but not knowing about him.

Acts 17: 23 For as I passed along, and observed the objects of your worship, I found also an altar with this inscription: 'TO AN UNKNOWN GOD.' What therefore you worship in ignorance, this I announce to you.

That word ignorance is talked about in detail in this link
https://biblehub.com/greek/50.htm
Are You talking about Israel or Muslim?

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014