Celebrating Halloween, is it wrong or not a big deal?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
She likes power, authority and being around ''respected people''. Yea I dont really get it. Her church is full of superstition and they signed a contract with the Catholic church that most ppl dont even know about that she did. SHe wants to meet me and oh she will meet with me :p we will see what she has to say lol. I know shes about to snap if she starts tossing english words in lol!
Man if you lived in Oklahoma I would go with you just to explain to her the vast difference you have made here in cc and how much God has used you and the wisdom and maturity you have

E

eph610

HAHAHAHAHA You dont know what the fruit of the spirit is my friend. You can keep having ur snicker manna but I will go with the fruit of the Spirit Baby Ruth! lol
You know that manna is "angel" food right?...:D

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Man if you lived in Oklahoma I would go with you just to explain to her the vast difference you have made here in cc and how much God has used you and the wisdom and maturity you have
Aww thanks :) ((hugs))
Yeah she went off on me in church. shes even pushed me away when I wanted to give a word. Then she shot me a email that she meant what she said about ''grow up'' and that she has to talk to me etc.
A lot of people are upset with her lol. She has rejected me often and as long as God sent me there, I went. Happily now im done with that church and just waiting for Gods appointed time for me to sit down with her and tell her straight about whats going on in her church. Its sad. For a while she hurted me every time emotionally when I got in and now im done finally with this place.
Its sad when you go to a church and rejoice when you get sent to another place lol!

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
You know that manna is "angel" food right?...:D
Yes and the fruit of the spirit is the food of the Prophets and saints :D hehe lol jk I know bout Manna its sweet as honey

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Aww thanks :) ((hugs))
Yeah she went off on me in church. shes even pushed me away when I wanted to give a word. Then she shot me a email that she meant what she said about ''grow up'' and that she has to talk to me etc.
A lot of people are upset with her lol. She has rejected me often and as long as God sent me there, I went. Happily now im done with that church and just waiting for Gods appointed time for me to sit down with her and tell her straight about whats going on in her church. Its sad. For a while she hurted me every time emotionally when I got in and now im done finally with this place.
Its sad when you go to a church and rejoice when you get sent to another place lol!
It appears that she does not the love of God, when people who go by the name Christian are judgmental and fly off the handle and pint the finger then I would think they don't really know who God is and such people are to be pitied and prayed for but knowing you demi you already knew that didn't you? lol

E

eph610

It appears that she does not the love of God, when people who go by the name Christian are judgmental and fly off the handle and pint the finger then I would think they don't really know who God is and such people are to be pitied and prayed for but knowing you demi you already knew that didn't you? lol
this is because very few understand to be a great leader in the body means you are the best servant....

The Holy Ghost will only lead a servant....

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Well she also is proud of her humility... she will go on her knees and then be proud for humbling herself. Yea. She will have to see that God doesnt play and that he will put a stop if he must. Awakening is over, fall away is happening all over

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
well folks I got less than 4 hrs to sleep lol! Talk to ya later/tomorrow. Gotta get the rest I can :p Math exam tomorrow

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
this is because very few understand to be a great leader in the body means you are the best servant....

The Holy Ghost will only lead a servant....
Indeed the heart of a servant is one I truly cherish and want very deeply, I mean when I saw how Jesus who is the king of all kings who is royalty who God almighty and could have smashed all of existence with a single word humbly lower himself lower than us knowing who he was yet serving the least and the most undeserving of people I saw what real love is I saw what true humility was and I wanted to be just like that.
The thing is a pastor or a preacher or a deacon anyone with power and authority in the church to teach and lead his flock cannot be just anyone, and if one is in such a position I would encourage them to consider the words and the teaching they preach and how they effect the hearts of his children because they being in such a position of power will be held all the more accountable for the heart the preach.

I have been told by some people in church that I would be a fantastic preacher because they said I show such wisdom and understanding and that my words encourage and uplift people and that I seem to make this spark in peoples hearts. While I don't think I am good enough to be a preacher if I was to look for a true preacher I would look for those qualities

M

missy2014

A lot of ppl don't realise how much pain how much suffering she has done for others I am forever grateful for her which reminds us and ask you all to pray for her the warfare she is experiencing is huge and demi has taken great pains for ppl . lol the fear of God in her life is like radioactive and it scrubbed off on me I felt sick and its very scary what that woman did / pastor to her most importantly how she's treated God psalm 51

M

missy2014

Well my friend if you appreciate me so much would you mind sending me a box of Baby Ruth for Halloween??LOL JK
Yeah I try not to condemn people. Ive been condemned all my life aleady from the beginning. Its not on me to judge. And after seeing that God punishes some things and ppl getting hit back with exacly that condemnation they were pushing on others..naw Ill be nice lil Christian
Just tell me next time I will send them if you want sorry I didn't know you wanted baby Ruth etc so bad haha.

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
If the church forbids halloween because it's pagan and evil then i sure hope they don't celebrate thanksgiving christmas birthdays mother and fathers days or even new years or else they only contradict themselves.
Well in my church they say Halloween is "celebrating the devil" because of the dark and scary imagery. However when it comes to Christmas yeah they focus on the birth of Christ as the "real meaning of Christmas" and when it comes to Easter only focus on the death or Resurrection. If I were to ask and question someone about the pagan meanings behind those other holidays they'll say Halloween has no Christ centered story but the others do. I'm serious

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
I just cant have a clear conscience with it. The only good thing about Halloween is that i got a chance to try to get ppl to send me candy bars!! lol . I rather celebrate a bit less..than more. I dont wanna stand before God some day and him asking me bout goin to Church on a Pagan day and taking the last supper unrighteous like many do. People have called me ''catholic'' and all sorts for fasting before that and ''Pharisee'' and ''religious'' for not celebrating like others on Christmas etc..
Question, I agree with you but what do you do for Christmas then? Do you still celebrate the birth of Christ or just don't celebrate the decorations and stuff?

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Well in my church they say Halloween is "celebrating the devil" because of the dark and scary imagery. However when it comes to Christmas yeah they focus on the birth of Christ as the "real meaning of Christmas" and when it comes to Easter only focus on the death or Resurrection. If I were to ask and question someone about the pagan meanings behind those other holidays they'll say Halloween has no Christ centered story but the others do. I'm serious
Well in the end people can celebrate it or not I don't hold the hammer of judgement but Christmas has pagan origins even people celebrate the birth of Christ just as all other holidays in America I would say do it as God leads you

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Question, I agree with you but what do you do for Christmas then? Do you still celebrate the birth of Christ or just don't celebrate the decorations and stuff?
I dont celebrate Christmas at all. I dont even do decorations :)

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Just tell me next time I will send them if you want sorry I didn't know you wanted baby Ruth etc so bad haha.
Hey Ya never know sometimes ppl do things like that :p You know some people are gifted when it comes to giving :D LOL

Nov 22, 2015
No daughter of God would ask for Baby Ruth, when they know that Mr. Goodbar, Snickers and Paydays are true Manna from the Lord....Must wee cast out Baby Ruth out of you now or later....older folks are going to get the last part of my comment...

That is serious error you are in. Everyone knows that Mars bars are out of this world!..one could even call it being in the"heavenlies"...:cool:

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany

That is serious error you are in. Everyone knows that Mars bars are out of this world!..one could even call it being in the"heavenlies"...:cool:
EEK theyre waaaay too sweet for me. You know cute ppl like me need less sugar to stay sweet :rolleyes: hehe Next time I get any I will go send em to you :D

Nov 22, 2015
EEK theyre waaaay too sweet for me. You know cute ppl like me need less sugar to stay sweet :rolleyes: hehe Next time I get any I will go send em to you :D
You are getting more "spiritual" by the minute now....O woman of great insight and wisdom....:rolleyes:....do send them!

"Thou shalt have an extra double portion anointing now" ( It sounds better in King Jimmie talk )