Cessationism and Continuationism

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 22, 2020
Before my 400+ Acre Fire the Neighbor started:

After the Fire from Police Investigation Drone Picture:

LOOK HOW CLOSE the Black/Fire Damage is in relationship to my Home and Buildings:

Police Reports and Fire Departments reports the FIRE was literally 6 [SIX] inches from my Home and Buildings and they cannot understand how a fire that Roared through like a great wall {picture}

could get Up to the Home and Buildings and Suddenly change its mind and not burn the Home and Buildings?

When Police ask, do you believe in God, because this is a miracle of God like we have never seen before. GOD not only works Today, but He does it GREATER than what we read in the Bible today and on a much Grandeur Scale for hundreds of Witnesses to See the Power of God!

God works miracles all the time.
However, He can not/will not answer all prayers because what we ask does not fit His overall plan.

May 22, 2020
What's to explain? The longer we are on Earth, we have the opportunity to allow God to work through us and allow greater things to happen. if it was not so, Christ would not say so!
That's a different point than what I thought you meant.

May 22, 2020
But He has to honor Faith!
But He has to honor Faith!
You are suggesting that since He answers prayers He must honor all prayers. Please show me scripture that says...He will honor ALL prayers?
Not so.
We must believe and have faith that He COULD do what we ask....not that He WILL do what we ask.
A world of difference.

Dec 29, 2021
You are suggesting that since He answers prayers He must honor all prayers. Please show me scripture that says...He will honor ALL prayers?
Not so.
We must believe and have faith that He COULD do what we ask....not that He WILL do what we ask.
A world of difference.
I know what He can do, I rebuked the Fire in His Name through the portion of Faith He has given to me, examples are from the pictures on past couple pages and the Fire obeyed. Why would I believe something else?

May 22, 2020
I know what He can do, I rebuked the Fire in His Name through the portion of Faith He has given to me, examples are from the pictures on past couple pages and the Fire obeyed. Why would I believe something else?
My comments do not suggest a conflict with your post. Except that you infer that He MUST answer all prayers where there is faith.
No so.
I will validate your point of God working miracles...which is very close to your experience with the fires....He has done it for me.
But, He may not the next time because it does not fit His plan. Listen to the words.
My last post.

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
I spoke to the air to prevent rain. I was helping my brother move his belongings from their flooded house. The clouds were gathering and it was thundering to our west. When they got to us they broke apart and the sun shined on us.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Remember 1 Corinthians 13 is referring to the GIFT of knowlege.. not general knowledge. The gift was supernatural, exceptional and carried by the apostles.
Everything we have from God is supernatural by definition.

But Paul says it is knowledge of Christ, we now know in part but then will know face to face. This is still the position.

Dec 29, 2021
My comments do not suggest a conflict with your post. Except that you infer that He MUST answer all prayers where there is faith.
No so.
I will validate your point of God working miracles...which is very close to your experience with the fires....He has done it for me.
But, He may not the next time because it does not fit His plan. Listen to the words.
My last post.
It wasn't a prayer per say, it was so fast that do you or do you not have the Faith in God to allow Him to work a Miracle. But this is literally the 4th time in my life i can attest to His Miracles and interaction with Angels.

Dec 29, 2021
I spoke to the air to prevent rain. I was helping my brother move his belongings from their flooded house. The clouds were gathering and it was thundering to our west. When they got to us they broke apart and the sun shined on us.
Praise God!

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Sure you can prove it. Look at Paula White and confirm that she is really speaking in tongues, Kenneth Copeland speaking things into existence. Anyone with even a hint of discernment would see they fabricate almost everything.
We do not test the truth against what KC or PW do we test it against the teachings of Jesus and the apostles. Let MacArthur show from scripture where Paul has said that any of the gifts have been withdrawn ... remember the canon of scripture is now closed.

We go by what is written not by what MacArthur supposes to have happened after the apostles. What happened after the apostles was the Catholic Church. You bet the Holy Ghost was not going to authenticate that.

S

SophieT

reminds me of a hail storm years back...I was a teen ager and had got home from school...my mother was at work and I phoned her and said we were going to get a bad storm

my mother prayed for the apple trees in the yard...there were 3...and almost ready to be picked...well really she rebuked the storm from damaging any of the trees in the yard

we got hit with hail and wind and when it was over, all the trees had kept their apples while there was storm damage all around

I can think of many times God either protected or warned. He is faithful

Dec 29, 2021
reminds me of a hail storm years back...I was a teen ager and had got home from school...my mother was at work and I phoned her and said we were going to get a bad storm

my mother prayed for the apple trees in the yard...there were 3...and almost ready to be picked...well really she rebuked the storm from damaging any of the trees in the yard

we got hit with hail and wind and when it was over, all the trees had kept their apples while there was storm damage all around

I can think of many times God either protected or warned. He is faithful
Praise God!

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
I wasn’t raised charismatic or pentecostal either. I read what the Lord did in the boat with the storm and believed. It’s a small matter for the One who created all to command anything in the earth.

Dec 29, 2021
The Thread Op will know this Hospital, called Rose, in Denver, it's a Jewish Hospital and have some of the best Doctors worldwide. They diagnosed a friend of mine with Breast Cancer. She did not tell me, but asked if I could go with her on her day of surgery. As we were driving, she said they will be removing her breast. So, she was admitted and I went to the Chapel and I said to God, You know she does not have Cancer, so why are You allowing this. I was for certain I was alone in that room. But someone directly behind me said, She does not have Cancer.

Oddly enough, before they were prepping for surgery, the Doctor said, I want another scan. When they did the scan, they no longer could find the black spot that was there before.

I am most certain the person behind me and confirming she did not have Cancer was an Angel of god!

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.
When I first was born again, I had amazing Faith.
We would pass a cathouse on our way to church every time, it was disguised as an auto boddy shop.
I knew my biological visited it so one day in passing I asked the Lord to burn it to the ground!

Unknown to me until next church time we again passed but this time the building was razed to the ground

No one was hurt, but they rebuilt it. Again God is mighty in his promises. I prayed it would burn a second time and it did.

They moved from our area.

Dec 29, 2021
I wasn’t raised charismatic or pentecostal either. I read what the Lord did in the boat with the storm and believed. It’s a small matter for the One who created all to command anything in the earth.
That is Right!

Who cares what Church we go to as far as Denominations, it's a one on one walk in god, not a group walk. If you are able to utilize the Faith that God gave to You, You will witness things you cannot understand but know it can only be from God!

Dec 29, 2021
When I first was born again, I had amazing Faith.
We would pass a cathouse on our way to church every time, it was disguised as an auto boddy shop.
I knew my biological visited it so one day in passing I asked the Lord to burn it to the ground!

Unknown to me until next church time we again passed but this time the building was razed to the ground

No one was hurt, but they rebuilt it. Again God is mighty in his promises. I prayed it would burn a second time and it did.

They moved from our area.
Praise God!

That is Wonderful!

Dec 29, 2021
Look at the Praise Reports on this Page!

God is Real and is still Working through us and for us!

That proves His Gifts are active and for Today!

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
as a kid I got chased by angry wasps into an out house, thousands and thousands of them hurled themselves against the window blocking out the sun and they were coming in under the door.

I bowed my head and prayed the Lord's prayer

When I looked up they were all gone ... except one who had got tangled up in my jumper ... he flew up and stung me under the chin.