CESSATIONISM AND HEALING

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Faith is believing on "things not seen" which refers to both the "work of Christ's atonement" and the "salvation from wrath / healing from sicknesses etc" it includes. Both are unseen to us.
Okay, hen kindly enlighten why you said that iam wrong? where did i go wrong?

presidente

May 29, 2013
When paul could no longer heal why did he put them on medicines rather than teach faith in Christ's blood?
Instead of cryiticising the charismatics why not teach about faith?
If Paul just healed at will, then why did he get sick and go to Galatia before he did those miracles in Ephesus and Malta?

Sep 14, 2019
If Paul just healed at will, then why did he get sick and go to Galatia before he did those miracles in Ephesus and Malta?
Why are you confusing between gift of healing meant to heal unbelievers and faith by which the woman in Mathew9:22 was healed?

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
What did Jesus say in Mark9:23?
Mark 9:23 King James Version (KJV)
23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

I don't know If only that verse and not consider another verse.

But let me ask you a question

Have you ever go to doctor when you sick?

Sep 14, 2019
23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

I don't know If only that verse and not consider another verse.

But let me ask you a question

Have you ever go to doctor when you sick?
So doctor is your mediator / Messiah to bring healing from God? You deny healing through faith in Christ's atonement according to Isaiah53:4?

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
So doctor is your mediator / Messiah to bring healing from God? You deny healing through faith in Christ's atonement according to Isaiah53:4?
So you never go to the doctor?

How about If your love one die, do you pray to awaken them?

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
The question is about Christ's atonement.
And you give me this verse

Sep 14, 2019
And you give me this verse

There is no faith apart from faith in Christ's atonement in Isaiah 53:4

Jul 23, 2018
Jesus said "these signs shall follow them that believe "

Was he correct?

Should I look at it different than Jesus?

Mar 28, 2016
What did Jesus say in Mark 9:23?
He did not commit blasphemy.

Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. Mark 9;

It says all things are possible to him that believe the work of the gospel not seen. The exclusive source of Christ's faith.

Natural man that has no faith as it is written. They forfeit the power of the gospel and make a legion of god's in the likeness of men .Blasphemy.

God does not heal using human hands as if he needed something from the clay that he is forming Christ in .

Walk by faith .(the gospel of Christ).

And there they preached the gospel. And there sat a certain man at Lystra, impotent in his feet, being a cripple from his mother's womb, who never had walked: The same heard Paul speak: who stedfastly beholding him, and perceiving that he had faith to be healed, Said with a loud voice, Stand upright on thy feet. And he leaped and walked. And when the people saw what Paul had done, they lifted up their voices, saying in the speech of Lycaonia, The gods are come down to us in the likeness of men And they called Barnabas, Jupiter; and Paul, Mercurius, because he was the chief speaker.Then the priest of Jupiter, which was before their city, brought oxen and garlands unto the gates, and would have done sacrifice with the people. Which when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard of, they rent their clothes, and ran in among the people, crying out, Acts 14:7-14

Mar 28, 2016
Jesus said "these signs shall follow them that believe "

Was he correct?

Should I look at it different than Jesus?
I would offer. No you should not . Those metaphors used in parables are to indicate someone was given ears to hear the gospel. The metaphors follow after as not seen . For who hopes in something they already have.. We have a living hope. No one has received the end of it a new body. We receive the end from the first hearing of faith. Our first love, believe God as he works in us . ,

Those who seek after what the unconverted call a "sign gift" forfeit the gift of prophecy, the "spiritual gift" (the gospel) .

They would be those who mock God and make him into a cursus Seal. Do a miracle then we will beleive what we see, as if faith came by looking at corruption .

1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

John 6:30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?

Simply faithless mankind, atheism No God in their hearts.

John 4:48 Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe.

The word sign and wonder must be fined.

Signs the temporal things seen and adding wonders .They are sign that cause wonderment. They signs as wonders provide no faith. When Jesus who had become the High priest after the order of Melchedik spoke to Nicodenmus from the Old order un Levi and revealed to Nicodenmus the greatest miracle possible. The understanding that a man must be born again before he can see the work of God working in him . To help them in their unbelief .Jesus gave Nicodenmus words of comfort. Marvel not or wonder not but rather beleive according to the working of His Spirit the witness God has reveled His living word .

We must be careful how we hear.