Cessationism

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Lad

sounds great :) i look forward to it :)

(but as a sidenote I really only listen to teaching that is taken in context with the culture, time, chapter, book and ultimately the bible as a whole, AND that is completely in line with the greek and hebrew words and meanings :D)

zone

Jun 13, 2010
The Ultimate Cessationism Resource

Books | Audio | Articles | Other Sites

Today, the Biblical doctrine of Cessationism has been under great attack by those with differing views on spiritual gifts. Furthermore, continuationist theology (Pentecostalism, Charismatic, etc.) receives much attention and has detrimentally gained influence that is far reaching across the broad spectrum of Evangelicalism. This site intends to serve as a hub; as The Ultimate Cessationism Resource, linking to books, audio, and articles that affirm a Cessationist position concerning spiritual gifts.

http://cessationism.com/
hello....:D

C

Consumed

Of all the things someone questioned if you were Mormon, that cracked me up reading it on this thread. Rofl x10
Not at you just the thought they said it 

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Of all the things someone questioned if you were Mormon, that cracked me up reading it on this thread. Rofl x10
Not at you just the thought they said it 
i've been called worse things bro.
as you know...
LOL.

C

Consumed

I'd defend you anyday of the week, maybe not your methods at times but I'd always defend you for your passion and love for truth in and for Jesus  always

zone

Jun 13, 2010
I'd defend you anyday of the week, maybe not your methods at times but I'd always defend you for your passion and love for truth in and for Jesus  always
thanks brother.
i'll keep it in mind though i don't need it.
defend the truth.
there's our unity in love.

A

Abiding

but.....you guys both deny jesus is god...i thought you wanted more to believe that?

Amos 3:3
“Do two walk together, unless they have agreed to meet?
how long does it take for ribs to heal?:cool:

A

Abiding

I wonder why history alone seems to get no
respect in this area. It would in any other field.
There are plenty of Historical documents from the
church fathers with no mention of gifts. At least
300 years until a false gift movements came.

Is that correct?

zone

Jun 13, 2010
how long does it take for ribs to heal?:cool:
maybe Adam will tell us that.
as for the punches we take over DOCTRINE, fairly quickly i've found.
some taping and ice may help.

the best idea is to have that armour on,then it doesn't hurt at all.
ribs.....ribs....mmmmmm: me so hungee.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
I wonder why history alone seems to get no
respect in this area. It would in any other field.
There are plenty of Historical documents from the
church fathers with no mention of gifts. At least
300 years until a false gift movements came.

Is that correct?
what a profound and super-cool post.
i ask myself this all the time.
Historical Narrative..the Acts of The Apostles.
seems simple enough.

like the Gospel accounts. Historical Narrative.

A

Abiding

maybe Adam will tell us that.
as for the punches we take over DOCTRINE, fairly quickly i've found.
some taping and ice may help.

the best idea is to have that armour on,then it doesn't hurt at all.
ribs.....ribs....mmmmmm: me so hungee.
no it was yur amos 3:2

Jul 3, 2011
I doubt she's mormon. But I am wondering what she believes. She's trashed almost everything that doesn't fit in her little orthodox box.

Hindu, maybe?
Me I think she is....well...just read it I guess.

I think she is one of the ones Paul feared would come in.

2nd Corinthians 11
3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

She is definitely preaching a Jesus, Spirit, and gospel other than the one taught by God in the Bible.

2nd Corinthians 2
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
thanks for bumping a thread on cessationism.
interesting to see who walks with whom.

carry on SOLDIER

Jul 3, 2011
thanks for bumping a thread on cessationism.
interesting to see who walks with whom.

carry on SOLDIER
No problem, as for me I walk with those that live for Christ.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
OK! I am here! LEt thy partay start!

Magic tricks anyone?