Changes

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
Well that kind of looks like the lead singer of Abba. ;)

G

GreenNnice

At 18 i thought i was at the begining of my life which was good to me, i had friends but despite that, i was feeling the biggest emptyness inside that used to make think that i was going to die of pain. I didnt know about God and the ppl around me were involved in different ideologies so i decided to explore them.

At 25 i was working almost all the time, i was depressed, i was scared, i knew that God was there but no idea of how to find Him, i started to think that i couldnt do anything, i was alone, to go out of my house was a battle everyday, i thought i couldnt be able of do anything.

At 30 i already accepted God in my life, i stopped saying negative things about myself and i started to discover what bible said i was, i started to heal, i stopped smoking and started doing excersice, i started to have friends, i started to laugh and enjoy a lot my days and time after this i moved to another place much better.

PS. God is great and good and merciful and powerful
lizzytheone, God drew you in, didn't he, you were going with different ideals and God presented you His deal :) ? Me too. Through great change, and, physical and financial pain, He drew me in,, at age 25, but, more of that later, I'm having fun just commenting on everyone else right now , if that's alright with you all :)
Your heart, milady, on c.c. is a joy full of cheerfulness, honesty, and, understanding, and you're english is very good, I just hope someday someone tells you verse=versicle ;)

I would have thought you knew Christ from very early age because you speak reverently and frankly of Him blessing you in your life now. God is so good. It's a song. I like to play on the piano since it is simple to play and I don't play the piano except simple stuff, I like playing 'Go Tell It On The Mountain,' too. :)

At 18 i was very aggressive and angry, i liked to start fights and i was always running away from everything. Even though i knew who God was i didn't think he really liked me very much. At 18 i was always looking for something to make me feel better as I was always in a state of anxiety and fear.

At 25 I was walking with God, but discouraged a lot. I was actively trying to pursue his will for my life and i had the assurance he loved me and wanted the best for my life. I was no longer angry or aggressive, instead i had a peace and calm. I still dealt with some fear and anxiety, but i trusted that he was going to get me through.
Nods, you're a funny duck, Nods, quack, quack, , I learned a whole lot more about you when you said you dad is a preacher. You're independent, confident of yourself, conversational, and, yeah, have a handsome young man you're taking care of. The right guy will.come along for you when you surrender all..to Him, maybe give CeeCee Winans Song a listen. It helped me in 1996, when I was 26, to closen my walk with Christ. :) Also, whst happened to change you to quit being angry, how did God draw you in?? :)

18 - 2001. All about going to play college sports.. which I accomplished over the next several years. Happy to be out of high school.. and moving on.. endured 9/11 that fall. A ton of culture shock at new school, but better than high school. Was certain about a girl at my church being my future wife.. we talked once or twice.. never went anywhere. Too different.

25 - 2008. Very adventerous year, if not the most adventurous year of my entire life. Most consumed with church and young adult groups in the history my life. I grew up a lot, saw a lot and did a lot. The 1st half of 25 was better than the 2nd half. A mid-summer/deep fall brewing relationship with a young lady.. had so many positive signs but eventually fizzled out in epic fashion.. and it was positive that it did.

29 - 2012. The first year since 2008 that's just like 2008.. except on a less grander scale. Most self-confident in my life.. certain of myself. Very dedicated to the bible. No lady options but whatever lol
I am not sure if this is the young man that I told to be nicer to miladies on c.c. and sincerely let The Lord lead. I pray , if same guy, that my words were only meant to..help you get ahold of by Christ to understand that God has your lady for you and picking on some singles ladies is not what Jesus would want you to EVER do :)

I don't hear anywhere where God drew you in,, social artist?? In other words was there a time, where you were tired of way you were living or where everything was going good in life and God told you different. Just asking, just saying :)

I will leave it at that, I told my testimony story to liam recently in another thread but I can say it again but just not right now. I need to think things through to condense some of that said to liam and also I have some more details to add of earler time than testimony time.

* I also will comment on others, but those are all for now.

S

SocialArtist

lizzytheone, God drew you in, didn't he, you were going with different ideals and God presented you His deal :) ? Me too. Through great change, and, physical and financial pain, He drew me in,, at age 25, but, more of that later, I'm having fun just commenting on everyone else right now , if that's alright with you all :)
Your heart, milady, on c.c. is a joy full of cheerfulness, honesty, and, understanding, and you're english is very good, I just hope someday someone tells you verse=versicle ;)

I would have thought you knew Christ from very early age because you speak reverently and frankly of Him blessing you in your life now. God is so good. It's a song. I like to play on the piano since it is simple to play and I don't play the piano except simple stuff, I like playing 'Go Tell It On The Mountain,' too. :)

Nods, you're a funny duck, Nods, quack, quack, , I learned a whole lot more about you when you said you dad is a preacher. You're independent, confident of yourself, conversational, and, yeah, have a handsome young man you're taking care of. The right guy will.come along for you when you surrender all..to Him, maybe give CeeCee Winans Song a listen. It helped me in 1996, when I was 26, to closen my walk with Christ. :) Also, whst happened to change you to quit being angry, how did God draw you in?? :)

I am not sure if this is the young man that I told to be nicer to miladies on c.c. and sincerely let The Lord lead. I pray , if same guy, that my words were only meant to..help you get ahold of by Christ to understand that God has your lady for you and picking on some singles ladies is not what Jesus would want you to EVER do :)

I don't hear anywhere where God drew you in,, social artist?? In other words was there a time, where you were tired of way you were living or where everything was going good in life and God told you different. Just asking, just saying :)

I will leave it at that, I told my testimony story to liam recently in another thread but I can say it again but just not right now. I need to think things through to condense some of that said to liam and also I have some more details to add of earler time than testimony time.

* I also will comment on others, but those are all for now.
Definately God drew in on me (I was saved at 5) the final 4 months I was 21. I commited to my bible and sought him on a higher level and more educated level. I sought out for a ton of answers. Age 25 was the concluding chapter in that era of my life.

Jun 17, 2012
well, im 18 now :p but when i was younger, i was confused, immature, spoke when it wasnt needed. got myself into a lot of trouble. i still basically do all the same except not as much. also im fairly smart but i come off as a dumb

B

basschick

When I was 18 I traveled over 3,500 miles from home to go to college at a private Christian university as a clinically depressed, quiet, introverted, relatively new Christian with devastatingly low self esteem that was still figuring out what exactly I believed and what it meant for me. I had a plan for my life and knew what I was going to do with it.
Now at 24 I actually have some confidence and a sense of worth, I have a firm foundation knowing just what it is I believe and why, my whole plan was completely derailed and I am now working towards the path God has for me, and despite a really bad injury and fighting worker's comp for the last year and a half I've done a pretty good job combating the depression that has consistently plagued me in the past. Oh, and I'll actually talk to people now! In fact, I even enjoy getting to know new people and making friends :p

J

Jullianna

I could enumerate how drastically my life changed between 18 and 25...30...35...and continues to do so (reflection is beneficial, as if we don't learn from our mistakes of the past, we are doomed to repeat them), but I think I would rather just make my point now. Thanks to all of you for helping me make it. :)

THIS is the reason older folks tell younger folks to slow down. Don't be in such a hurry to make a lifelong commitment. You are in for so many changes. Changes that make demands upon you AND the person in your life. It's the adventure called life.

Take your time. Learn. Grow. Find the person who is willing to learn and grow with you. :) Don't drop anchor. Sail on!

A

aussieguy

when i was 18 i was caught in that world of church life and world life esp through that transition between the end of high school and working out what to do with my life. my head was all over the place doing stupid things that knew i shouldnt do but was doing them anyway.

a couple of years later i became christian and thing were starting to get back on track with my life and learning more about God as a christian instead of just head knowledge from growing up in the church

at 25 i had grown so much in God wanting to still learn more about Him and trying to become in the image and likeness of God i also have less confusion and know what direction i want to be in :)

K

kayem77

:)

KayM, you are young but, as I've said before, reading your posts in bible discussion forum (and here, like writing skills shown for julieanna's write-a-story thread), show me an orgainizing power gift of God's word, said in poignant awesome thought. You, I think, should pray about becoming a sunday schiol teacher for kids, or,, just go to seminary. I think you have that gift of teaching, and, many more, but just saying that.
Thanks Mr Green :) I'm not a sunday school teacher but I do work with kids once a week in my church, although it's not exactly a teaching position. I think God gave me some skills to use 'em for him, so I will keep in prayer what he wants me to do, and also to know how to use 'em and put them in practice so one day I can bless other people and honor God in the position he wants me to be.

G

GreenNnice

Thanks Mr Green :) I'm not a sunday school teacher but I do work with kids once a week in my church, although it's not exactly a teaching position. I think God gave me some skills to use 'em for him, so I will keep in prayer what he wants me to do, and also to know how to use 'em and put them in practice so one day I can bless other people and honor God in the position he wants me to be.
That's what I meant by 'Sunday School teacher,' kayM, yes, working with kids in own class. I know your not been believer more than a couple years, but your ability to list scripture to go with your thought tell me you can definitely teach kids about Jesus and seminary will not be too hard for you. The Lord will lead you, follow Him, milady, pray, pray, pray, ceaselessly, relationsip with Him. And, its great your volunteering in some capacity at your church, Jesus was a servant :)

Zere,, its great skill, as I've told you before, that you finished pharmacy school, so, the Lord leads but you have,'smart' skills for teaching if you got a bachelor's or do own website stuff, too, you post fitting pictures to conversation and your words on here are well respected , as are you . Volunteer in some helping peoplecapacity until God leads you to work.:)

Julieannie your energy amazes me, it's vast, most guys, I think, will agree that they want to get to know someone who wants to go explore places and do things. Not trying disparage my ladies, but some, more than less, are OK for awhile at the fair or wherever on date but get tuckered out. I think , with you J. , the guy will get tired BEFORE you do . :)

You keep on doing your huge list of busy things and some guy is going to show up and run with you as your leading worship, teaching ladies in Bible study,betc. , etc, not even mentioning , work , and all the blessings you give others on c.c. The Lord leads. We reap what we sow, and, God knows and rewards the great sowers of doing His work, and, you definitely are :)
Now, me: oncefell, your same age as me about and we've been through similar things, not to mention, different states, but same 'evergreen' scenery. I want to go to Colorado Springs, I heard it is God's country, I guess makes sense since Focus On The Family is there :D
But, yeah, me, too, I've been through a lot growing up, including perfectionist type parents, which was fine with me because I really challenged myself to achieve, lead in play in 6th grade, spelling bee champ 6the grade, good friends, but then at 13 mom met lady whose husband died heartattack and they went out all the time. My dad got left out :( but never communicated to mom his true feelings and I just know they split up when I was 17 . At 18, I went to college, I was quiet kid in midst of all partying and I was in a Co-Ed , split dorm so , anyway, I played competitive soccer and really was having God distant. I did not swear until senior year soccer in high school at 18 and then swore all the time in college playing. Did go to church on Sunday but He was off mind weekdays. I danced Friday and Saturday nights all 4 years, I had lots of girl friends but no girlfriends, well, one, but, just we talked a lot, but God protected me from anything happening badly in those latenight dance events.

In life at 25 I was doing fine on planet nine, I mean, 'three,' :D I had got to a point of making good money and was telling myself @ 7:00pm on February 25 that I was going to change my life, I was getting myself a wife , a house, and a white picket fence. :) So, on this Feb. day, I was driving to my friend's to kick it over b-ball game and at 7:10pm, as I was driving, I don't even know why I did it but I looked to my left as I saw a green traffic light 30 yards ahead of me. it was just for a literal second, but......

....WHEN I LOOKED BACK TO.THE ROAD I WAS 15 feet from a car stopped at a red light!!! Screeeeech, CRASHHHH! I toasted my nice car, and, I hurt people I hit and I had no insurance, they went away in ambulance and was a huge mess.

I went to.hospital that night and then it was 3 miles from my house and left at midnight from emergency room. I walked home, and, I just talked to God, how my sooo good life could SUDDENLY be so bad. I wilorked the next year, early mornings to late evenings, and, actually ended up making up all that loss and much MORE, which amounted to $13,000. in total losses.. But, back to crash, God showed me that He was in charge from that accident. I never included Him in my thinking of getting a house, wife, white picket fence thinking. I CRASHED 10 minutes after THAT Godless thinking. I told Liam this witness already, but strangest to me was I drove while looking at a green light from 30 yards away going 40 mph to looked away a second and back, and, was 15 feet from.smashing into a back of car and light red and this fact most interesting, my car was still in my lane even though somehow aot of ground was covered and time had passed in that ONE SECOND LOOKING AWAY.

So, at 26, I went through counseling at my church with a chridtian counselor, reparation to my relationship with my dad whom I worked for off-on 18-23 and never ONCE did he say something positive about my work. So, God worked that through,, then was mad at mom for quitting talking to.dad at 13 to
help her friend whose husband died heartattack (their girlfriends relationship went for 2 years and ended momand dad's was all but ended).

At 30, I was firmly in God's hands as from 26 to 27.5 I went to.church and did no work , see, I told you I made a lot of money in ONE year following crash. :) God blessed me with helping out handicap girl with cane my age go to singles Tuesday and regular church Sunday. This taught me to serve and be blessed too. So, church, church, church, and, eating out those 1.5 years.

Then at 27.5 , right before got job again, I dropped into submittance to God, denying myself and recommitted my life to Christ.

At 30 I was working full time at a Christian corporation and got baptized and then prayed over afterward at a restaurant and it was in tongues I didn't understand but they asked me if I had ever asked for 'The Holy Spirit' and I said, 'no.' I felt Him stronger yet after that in me in my life. :)

And, you thought you wrote a lot , oncefell , ah, yeah, 2:10am, ! The Lord leads :D

Last edited by a moderator: