S
senzi
Guest
What are your thoughts on the Charismatic movement? The whole thing which can include lively worship, tongues, people being slain, laughing, crying, rolling about - you know the whole thing. My church is Charismatic but I am becoming increasingly uncomfortable with some of the "goings on" there, it's not as bad as some but it seems to be becoming more Charismatic. I love the lively worship, I believe that worship should be spontaneous, heartfelt and enthusiastic and at times I do get emotional but it's more personal for me - I don't feel the need to let everyone know. Some of the other stuff that goes on at times I'm not so enthused about. I have spoken to like-minded people at the church and we all seem to feel that we aren't "spiritual" enough but then at other times I wonder if it's all real. I think it can be but for sure not always and not everyone is always being real.
Please I respectfully ask to respect the opinions of all and keep this thread on topic and civilised, thank you.
My apologies if this is slightly off topic, but I would describe myself as charasmatic, it is how I would term the nt church. Yet I find more Baptists for instance who would not class themselves charasmatic have a better understanding of the gospel of grace Paul preached than would many appear to have who are members of charasmatic/evangelical churches. It should be the other way round methinks. A real puzzle