Chat Down?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SwordSpeaker

Saw this once before you vsn log into the cc app but no names or yours show up in the rooms, looks like the chat is down.

jb800m

Dec 23, 2014
hey ty i did add it to the pray thread in forums tooo

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
is this going to be fixed??
Members trying to use the chat app have been experiencing problems for quite some time, and
last I heard, it had been removed from the google app store because it had not been kept updated.

S

SwordSpeaker

Members trying to use the chat app have been experiencing problems for quite some time, and
last I heard, it had been removed from the google app store because it had not been kept updated.
I understand Magenta, Lisa one of our members posted an alt link that works. Ive seen this before how you can log in but no usernames/etc is available. Was just wondering if an update was coming or not or a hot fix.

S

SwordSpeaker

I understand Magenta, Lisa one of our members posted an alt link that works. Ive seen this before how you can log in but no usernames/etc is available. Was just wondering if an update was coming or not or a hot fix.
Although I dont know what the overall issue is if its just a hot fix/staff choice / lack of funding etc. If it was the latter im certain between the core members we could individually organize fund raisers to assist. Or at least id be willing.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Although I dont know what the overall issue is if its just a hot fix/staff choice / lack of funding etc. If it was the latter im certain between the core members we could individually organize fund raisers to assist. Or at least id be willing.
The chats seem to have been in decline for two years now.
There has been zero communication or updates as to reasons why, or if any plans or decisions have been made.
Funding goes to both chats and the forums.
Few forum users also use chat, so not likely many forum users would push to help fund the chats.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I gave up on chat years ago because there were too many Mic hogs
For those of you who remember when Yahoo had chat rooms, what a lot of rooms would do is they would appoint someone to moderate the mic so when you want the mic, you post T , when it's your turn, you get 2 minutes and then you have to pass the mic to the next person in line

Apr 20, 2019
DO THE CHAT ROOMS WORK :) ? PLEASE LET US KNOW. THANK YOU.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
The forum itself has been a hot mess lately with going down.

Keep getting "Header too large" type errors and etc.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

That sounds like a browser issue...

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018

I've had zero issues with the site going down or header too large issues. Must be on your end.