Chat groups

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
Actually the chat group feature/functionality (similar to the old and probably better) can be set up in this new system. How important is it?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
A few people are mourning the demise of chat groups. They seemed pretty important to them :)

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
I do not even know what it is, so I never used it.

Maybe some poll would be good for the decision if you should invest your time to it.

U

Ugly

I've never seen a single chat group stay busy more than a couple weeks. And those were rare.
Perhaps because they were nearly hidden and easy to forget? They may be more successful if they'e not so hidden.
I gave up on them eventually.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I know that a bunch of the teens, and some of the adults were doing a full bible study. Some were pretty upset that it was gone. And some of the ladies had a good group going where they could just hang out and talk about whatever.

It would be awesome to have them all back, if you can do it. :)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I also know there were groups for specific things such as widows/ widowers, cancer survivors, single moms/dads, etc etc...

N

NoNameMcgee

i was in a group i checked and posted in pretty much every day

even if it isnt restored

ive spoken to a few of the members and we will just start a joint conversation

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014

even if it isnt restored

But that's a PM. If Robo is willing to set up the chat groups again, then let him.. :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

even if it isnt restored

This is a good approach because you can invite any members you chose and probably can remove members from the conversation too. It essence, it is the same as a group. When you start the conversation just give it a title that is reflective of what the group / conversation is about.

Groups will not be restored because the current platform does not support it. I am sure that it would be cost prohibitive to incorporate this into the current format.

However, I am sure that certain changes can be made to the format at a nominal cost. That is really the purpose to the donations, to cover the expenses of minor changes, monthly web site charge, etc. I'm not sure of the cost of this new format but it probably exceeded the total donations for a typical year.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
This is a good approach because you can invite any members you chose and probably can remove members from the conversation too. It essence, it is the same as a group. When you start the conversation just give it a title that is reflective of what the group / conversation is about.

Groups will not be restored because the current platform does not support it. I am sure that it would be cost prohibitive to incorporate this into the current format.

However, I am sure that certain changes can be made to the format at a nominal cost. That is really the purpose to the donations, to cover the expenses of minor changes, monthly web site charge, etc. I'm not sure of the cost of this new format but it probably exceeded the total donations for a typical year.
Jerry, did you read Robo's OP? He said he CAN set up the groups on here..

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
I'm shocked to read this post. I didn't realize the "chat rooms" were real. The "message" to the responses seemed "canned" , "programed" so I would sign off.... Were the chat rooms really even "live"!?!...

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I'm shocked to read this post. I didn't realize the "chat rooms" were real. The "message" to the responses seemed "canned" , "programed" so I would sign off.... Were the chat rooms really even "live"!?!...

Of course they were, and are, real. With real people, too.. LOL

U

Ugly

They're talking about the chat Groups, a forum based option on the old site, and you're talking about chat Rooms.
And you think the chat rooms were what? Run by bots and not people? Not sure what seemed 'programed' in the chat rooms.