ChatGPT is an Open Source AI

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
The business of replacing your job is booming

Crazy AI Tech Everywhere (The CES 2024 Experience)

36 minutes in he talks about fully autonomous cars and vans. They are ready to roll out vehicles that you can order via your phone and there is no driver, you tell it where you want to go. I suspect a car like that will be significantly cheaper and safer than ordering a uber. Safer not only for the passenger but also for the company that doesn't have to worry about their driver.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
31 minutes in he shows a machine that can be a barrista at a bar, and another machine that can do a manicure. Again, two more jobs that can be replaced.

I don't think the ROI makes sense for the home owner, but for the bar owner or manicure shop it should pay for itself in a matter of months.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
So to summarize, he saw robots that could replace 10 million jobs in the US today. Fast food workers, bartenders, pedicures, uber drivers, taxi drivers, receptionists, lawn care, pool boys, etc. Small, family owned restaurants will be the slowest to adopt the technology, but big chains like McDonalds and Red Lobster and Uber will be the fastest.

This does not even talk about the programmers, coders, lawyers, CPAs, analysts, and various white collar jobs that can be replaced right now.

We have already seen many Banks and Big tech companies announce layoffs. That is the second step after hiring freeze.

I think this will be the year we see an astoundingly fast change in the workforce. By June of this year the job market will be incredibly bleak and yet the S&P 500 will be humming as they are buying up all these robots and gadgets to replace the workers.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
OPTIMUS GEN 2 From Tesla Just Shocked The Whole Industry!

Elon Musk says that these humanoid robots are seriously under valued and says he can see 8 billion units. What he is saying is that in a very short period of time the robots will be able to replace all people.

They can easily make a robot to do a specific task like working on an assembly line or cooking stir fry vegetables or making coffee.

But look at the pieces to the puzzle. One company has designed a way to train a robot by simply watching a Youtube video. Someone else is designing a robot that can do anything a human can do. Put these two together and you will be able to order a robot to do whatever it is you need.

But you also have AI that can code, AI that can do engineering and design and AI that can 3d print whatever it is you need. So a company like Tesla can employ all its resources to make improvements to this robot.

Do you realize what $20 an hour (the new minimum wage) is when you multiply
by 24 x 7 x 365? $1,200,000! These robots will sell for a tenth that price. There is no doubt when this thing is ready to be mass produced every business will be able to afford them.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
DAVOS WEF
IMF warns AI to hit almost 40% of jobs worldwide and worsen overall inequality
PUBLISHED MON, JAN 15 20245:42 AM ESTUPDATED 46 MIN AGO

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/01/15/imf...t-of-global-employment-worsen-inequality.html

KEY POINTS
  • The IMF assessed the potential impact of AI on the global labor market and found that, in most cases, AI is likely to worsen overall inequality.
  • IMF chief Kristalina Georgieva urged policymakers to tackle this “troubling trend” and proactively take steps “to prevent the technology from further stoking social tensions.”
  • The analysis comes as business and political leaders from around the world gather at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
The International Monetary Fund warned that nearly 40% of jobs across the globe could be affected by the rise of artificial intelligence, with high-income economies facing greater risks than emerging markets and low-income countries.

If a guy working at McDonald's loses his job he goes out and gets another minimum wage job. But what happens when some 45 year old manager who makes 125k a year loses his job? Is he willing to become a greeter at Walmart? A stock boy? Is he willing to work part time making $1600 a month without any benefits?

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
DAVOS WEF
IMF warns AI to hit almost 40% of jobs worldwide and worsen overall inequality
PUBLISHED MON, JAN 15 20245:42 AM ESTUPDATED 46 MIN AGO

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/01/15/imf...t-of-global-employment-worsen-inequality.html

KEY POINTS
  • The IMF assessed the potential impact of AI on the global labor market and found that, in most cases, AI is likely to worsen overall inequality.
  • IMF chief Kristalina Georgieva urged policymakers to tackle this “troubling trend” and proactively take steps “to prevent the technology from further stoking social tensions.”
  • The analysis comes as business and political leaders from around the world gather at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
The International Monetary Fund warned that nearly 40% of jobs across the globe could be affected by the rise of artificial intelligence, with high-income economies facing greater risks than emerging markets and low-income countries.

If a guy working at McDonald's loses his job he goes out and gets another minimum wage job. But what happens when some 45 year old manager who makes 125k a year loses his job? Is he willing to become a greeter at Walmart? A stock boy? Is he willing to work part time making $1600 a month without any benefits?
I'm waiting for the story of how AI is racist.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

China’s Leather Capital Doomed! Foreign Orders Gone! Clothing Industry Closures Sweep Across China

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

Optimus Passes the ROBOT TURING TEST--Almost!

Optimus proves it can be taught complicated tasks with fine motor skills. You can expect that behind the scenes robots are being trained to do all kinds of jobs in factories. If you can do this you can change the oil, change a tire, and do so many other jobs. they can use this robot to stock shelves, and do so many other jobs and the robot is so versatile you can get it to do a whole host of jobs.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
In that case, AI will be blamed for global warming also.
The reason they want you to stop using energy is because they need it to power the AI, and the robots and the 3d printers.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

Optimus Passes the ROBOT TURING TEST--Almost!

Optimus proves it can be taught complicated tasks with fine motor skills. You can expect that behind the scenes robots are being trained to do all kinds of jobs in factories. If you can do this you can change the oil, change a tire, and do so many other jobs. they can use this robot to stock shelves, and do so many other jobs and the robot is so versatile you can get it to do a whole host of jobs.
It takes 50 trials to train the robot to do the task. So this task of folding a shirt, if it takes 2 minutes, it will take 2 hours to train the robot. Imagine having 4 shifts and teaching the robot to do 10-12 tasks per day. In a week you can train it to do 70 tasks. Suppose you have ten different teams each doing 70 different tasks and then you simply download all the training so after one week the robot is trained on 700 tasks.

My point is get ready for the announcements and developments to come fast and furios from one week to the next.

How many tasks does a stock boy at Walmart have? How many tasks does someone working at McDonald's have? How about Starbucks?

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
The CCP deployed armored vehicles and armed police to mercilessly slaughter civilians

I think that everyone should be aware that if they no longer have a job for you this is what happens. We are watching China but it will go worldwide. A third of the Jews died in WW2 because they killed a third of the Godhead. As you have done it will be done unto you. Well it wasn't just the Jews, the world did too and during the tribulation we see that a third of those on earth die.

Judgment is coming, everyone needs to turn to Jesus Christ, the savior of the World. He shed His blood to pay the price for your sin. Without that blood there is no forgiveness of sin. Your choice, decide who you will serve and worship.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Hybrid work leaves offices empty and building owners reeling | 60 Minutes

95 million square feet of office space unoccupied in NYC, equal to 30 empire state buildings.

There is not going to be a return to office. Why should they?

1. Everyone learned during the pandemic how to use Zoom and other online tools for meetings.

2. Working from home is cheaper for companies and preferable to workers.

3. They like the part time office, like workers coming in one day a week, allowing companies to reduce their footprint by 80%.

and

4. AI does not needs its own cubicle, or office, or library, etc. If AI replaces ten thousand workers then obviously you don't need office space for those ten thousand workers.

This is "good" for business. You will see them cut costs, increase profit and stock price will rise. But this is catastrophic for banks holding this commercial real estate. You will see bank collapses as hundreds of billions of dollars in investment goes up in smoke.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Googles New Medical AI Just SHOCKED The Entire INDUSTRY (BEATS Doctors!) AMIE - Google

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Googles New Medical AI Just SHOCKED The Entire INDUSTRY (BEATS Doctors!) AMIE - Google

Everyone today has health insurance. Imagine that your insurance says they will not pay for any treatment or prescription unless you get AI to agree. In that case why bother going to the doctor, go online, talk to the AI doctor. I used to go to a clinic where I would make an appointment and still have to wait in the waiting room for two hours.

Imagine instead the insurance company sends me something that takes my blood pressure, takes my weight, and then I talk to the AI. Why would I want to go to the clinic?

then if the AI recommends tests the AI sends the appropriate locations the prescription.

This can replace 100,000 doctors today.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Everyone today has health insurance. Imagine that your insurance says they will not pay for any treatment or prescription unless you get AI to agree. In that case why bother going to the doctor, go online, talk to the AI doctor. I used to go to a clinic where I would make an appointment and still have to wait in the waiting room for two hours.

Imagine instead the insurance company sends me something that takes my blood pressure, takes my weight, and then I talk to the AI. Why would I want to go to the clinic?

then if the AI recommends tests the AI sends the appropriate locations the prescription.

This can replace 100,000 doctors today.
Now consider liability from medical malpractice. Misdiagnosis is a major cause of medical malpractice suits. Suppose an insurance company requires that a doctor check their diagnosis with AI. Suppose a hospital to protect itself requires all diagnosis to be checked by AI. Once you do that what is the point of having a doctor do the diagnosis, just let AI do it.

Soon all the various people in hospitals will simply be technicians while the one doing the diagnosis and prescriptions will be AI. Likewise the one analyzing the tests will be AI.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

The writing is on the wall

This concludes with a bunch of caveats about how there is a lot more to do before rolling this out. Bottom line is this study will clearly prompt further research and development, there are major ROI considerations that will propel this forward. Whenever there are insurance issues and legal issues the decision will not be up to doctors.

I suspect they can or have already started a similar study except this one will involve Facetime or Zoom calls with a deep fake AI doctor so that you get the more typical conversations and the ability to see the patient as well as hear from them.

I suspect we can see the results of this study in a month.

What this study does tell us without any doubt is that the writing is on the wall. Even if it takes two more years to roll this out what is the point of going to medical school? 8 years from now openings for human doctors will be all but gone.

In fact what is the point of a hospital taking on interns next year? Do you really want the expense of training a new graduate for two years knowing that AI is already better than they will be and that AI is improving exponentially?

Instead why not provide each hospital bed with a computer monitor where the patient can facetime with AI.

I'm not saying the hospitals will want to fire any doctors this year, but why take on more doctors that you won't need? If AI is doing the diagnosis and continual monitoring and sending out alarms when there is an emergency, how many fewer doctors will you need?

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

China’s First-Tier Cities Doomed! Flood of Jobless Workers Departing, Leaving Mass Homes Unrented

I post this because I think the reason for this is due to AI, 3d printers and robotics.