Chick-Fil-A bowing to the god of mammon!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 28, 2016
thank you Whispered,
we were just wondering, as we have not read anything about the (two factions clashing) in regards
to CF's and lgb's policies', - but hub and I will say this, ' if they are 'back-tracking' on their original
claimed-public-convictions, then, we definitely don't call them Christian's, for it is written:
1CO. 10:21.
You cannot drink the cup of The Lord, and the cup of devils: you cannot be partakers of The Lord's table,
and of the table of devils.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Clarion News
Chick-fil-A Caves to the Left

Posted by John Hinderaker | Nov 18, 2019 |

...."In an interview with Bisnow, Chick-fil-A President and Chief Operating Officer Tim Tassopoulos announced that the famous fried chicken chain plans to make significant changes in which charities it donates to, in part because “as we go into new markets, we need to be clear about who we are.” Amid continued boycotts of the highly popular and successful chain over its donations to supposed “anti-LGBT” groups and causes, Tassopoulos revealed that the company’s foundation will no longer donate to some high-profile Christian organizations.
“As Chick-fil-A expands globally and into more liberal parts of the U.S., the chicken chain plans to change which charities it donates to after years of bad press and protests from the LGBT community,” Bisnow reported Monday. “Beginning next year, Chick-fil-A will move away from its current philanthropic structure, Bisnow has learned. After donating to more than 300 charitable organizations this year, the Atlanta-based fast-food chain will instead focus on three initiatives with one accompanying charity each: education, homelessness and hunger.”

(Sic)"...It’s too bad: it isn’t as though the dimwitted left-wing Chick-fil-A boycotts hurt sales. On the contrary, Chick-fil-A is America’s fastest-growing restaurant chain. So the company’s caving in to the far Left wasn’t, apparently, an economic decision. Maybe it is another instance of corporate executives caring more about their standing within their peer group than about the well-being of the organization they lead, a phenomenon that Glenn Reynolds has described many times.
With its new, more narrowed approach to charitable donations, the company’s charitable actions “will no longer include donating to organizations like the Salvation Army, the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and the Paul Anderson Youth Home,” Bisnow reports. " " []
Full Reporting

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
thank you Whispered,
we were just wondering, as we have not read anything about the (two factions clashing) in regards
to CF's and lgb's policies', - but hub and I will say this, ' if they are 'back-tracking' on their original
claimed-public-convictions, then, we definitely don't call them Christian's, for it is written:
1CO. 10:21.
You cannot drink the cup of The Lord, and the cup of devils: you cannot be partakers of The Lord's table,
and of the table of devils.
I posted some search engine links a few pages back. Articles that address just that. The clashes between CF and the LGBTQ both here and internationally. :( Unbelievable that hate spans across the pond.
Well, I guess not that unbelievable in these times.

News about Chick Fil A LGBTQ Clashes

Ghoti2

Nov 8, 2019
Eight words:
Why? When you ignore the OP's first one?
Post one quote from the CFA executives in that article that says the things you claim.

I've even read a couple of the articles in the list just posted, and there are none there either.

S

Susanna

I think it is mandatory for the education of the rest of us that both sides of the aisle is providing valid sources, in a readable fashion, for the claims being made😀.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Post one quote from the CFA executives in that article that says the things you claim.

I've even read a couple of the articles in the list just posted, and there are none there either.
In an interview with Bisnow, Chick-fil-A President and Chief Operating Officer Tim Tassopoulos
“As Chick-fil-A expands globally and into more liberal parts of the U.S., the chicken chain plans to change which charities it donates to after years of bad press and protests from the LGBT community,” Bisnow reported Monday. “Beginning next year, Chick-fil-A will move away from its current philanthropic structure, Bisnow has learned. After donating to more than 300 charitable organizations this year, the Atlanta-based fast-food chain will instead focus on three initiatives with one accompanying charity each: education, homelessness and hunger.”

Ghoti2

Nov 8, 2019
In an interview with Bisnow, Chick-fil-A President and Chief Operating Officer Tim Tassopoulos

I don't know, since you don't post it, but this sounds like what you are trying to quote from:

https://www.bisnow.com/national/new...-a-changes-charitable-giving-structure-101818

Please CAREFULLY look at it and post only what CFA said.

7seasrekeyed

chickens everywhere are planning to demonstrate and prefer y'all eat beef...or pork even

1574203595736.jpeg

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
chickens everywhere are planning to demonstrate and prefer y'all eat beef...or pork even

View attachment 206897
Remember the cows of Chick Fil A?

When they first opened in our hometown they had the three cows, 3D models at that, set up in the CF front yard and facing the main thoroughfare. :ROFL: That definitely gets your attention in traffic. And the brilliant part was, the cows were at the corner where the intersection started. So while sitting there at the red light we all had the chance to check out the new GRAND OPENING banners that surrounded the place.
The next day people were lined out the door and the two lanes of the drive-thru spilled out into the next retail markets parking lot.
I checked today at dinner hour and being dusk we could see inside the shop. Something like six people dining in. A few cars in the drive-thru, but that was it.
Could be due to this latest news or it could be due to the holiday hours and shopping so close to the day. If it's sparse tomorrow at lunch that will be unusual. Because they're always packed during the work week.

Feb 28, 2016
just a share,
on our main thorough-fare, less than a mile from our home-road, - when we are approaching our home-road, which is a dirt-road,
I often look over at the CF on the four-lane highway before our turn-off, and what i see astounds me!,
not only is the parking lot full for insiders, but they have 'two-open-lanes' coming off of a 'round-about, talk about mind-blowing???
I still have to help hub get his turns right) - their employees are standing 'out-side' and taking orders!!!
we live in what most would call a 'red-neck' community on one hand, but bustling on the other, (side-by-side)
as 'our road' is one of the last 'un-paved ones' for family owned properties holding-out' for the 'big-bucks' -
anyway, I'm ALWAYS amazed at the sight of this CF over-flowing in such a small community...
I've NEVER eaten there or have any desire to...?

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Salvation Army fights back against the false perception that they as a Christian organization are anti-LGBTQ.

November 19th, 2019Salvation Army Releases Statement On Chick-fil-A Cutting Ties. Chick-fil-A Issues

...."“We’re saddened to learn that a corporate partner has felt it necessary to divert funding to other hunger, education and homelessness organizations — areas in which The Salvation Army, as the largest social services provider in the world, is already fully committed,” The Salvation Army said in a statement. “We serve more than 23 million individuals a year, including those in the LGBTQ+ community. In fact, we believe we are the largest provider of poverty relief to the LGBTQ+ population.”
“When misinformation is perpetuated without fact, our ability to serve those in need, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or any other factor, is at risk,” The Salvation Army continued. “We urge the public to seek the truth before rushing to ill-informed judgment and greatly appreciate those partners and donors who ensure that anyone who needs our help feels safe and comfortable to come through our doors.” "

February 2018
RAW: Chick-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy on same-sex marriage

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
just a share,
on our main thorough-fare, less than a mile from our home-road, - when we are approaching our home-road, which is a dirt-road,
I often look over at the CF on the four-lane highway before our turn-off, and what i see astounds me!,
not only is the parking lot full for insiders, but they have 'two-open-lanes' coming off of a 'round-about, talk about mind-blowing???
I still have to help hub get his turns right) - their employees are standing 'out-side' and taking orders!!!
we live in what most would call a 'red-neck' community on one hand, but bustling on the other, (side-by-side)
as 'our road' is one of the last 'un-paved ones' for family owned properties holding-out' for the 'big-bucks' -
anyway, I'm ALWAYS amazed at the sight of this CF over-flowing in such a small community...
I've NEVER eaten there or have any desire to...?
Back in 2017 local LGBTQ activists gathered in protest at our local CF. Signs, shouts, approaching cars sitting in traffic at the red light, all that.
Meanwhile, behind them, was the scene you describe at your local store. Full dining room, people lined out the door, drive-thru full, loads of cars in line. Eventually the intolerant one's that were gathered there left.
What was great and likely ignored by the LGBTQ group that sponsored this, is the CF staff were seen by some, my neighbor was one, to be out there at lunch and at the dinner hour, though the protest crowd was less then, with trays of drinks and sandwiches.

Got to love that!
"Love your enemy. Do good to them that mean you harm."
Did the Christophobes gathered partake? My neighbor didn't get to see because the light changed and she had to press on. Though I would presume at least one did, even if it was something from the drinks tray, because all this was happening in the heat of summer.
Did it make a difference? God only knows.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
I may respond to the thread later...but you guys/gals do realize they can reverse their decisions right?

It's not a dollars game, but take a look at donation percentages vs profit. In theory, much like politics, you could easily donate to certain charities in order to "appear" as something, in order to gain more profit/votes. So that's a factor...

I would say it was/is the most "christian" leaning big box company...

Feb 28, 2016
point taken, Mii,
I'm not in this thread to talk about politics, we, hub and I don't partake, nor do we partake in
'group-mass-protests', = (they always amaze us) and we often wonder where they get their ways and means,
to be able to stay in one place for so long and survive the day to day expenses??? it always break our hearts -
anyway, we love your input in all threads and greatly respect your views...
:):)

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
I may respond to the thread later...but you guys/gals do realize they can reverse their decisions right?

It's not a dollars game, but take a look at donation percentages vs profit. In theory, much like politics, you could easily donate to certain charities in order to "appear" as something, in order to gain more profit/votes. So that's a factor...

I would say it was/is the most "christian" leaning big box company...
Thank you. :)

(America) Tax Policy Center: What is the tax treatment of charitable contributions?

INC.Com
4 Ways That Supporting Charity Is Good for Business
Giving back' is good for the soul ... and in many cases, good for the bottom line.