Child birth with not a bit of pain

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
It takes absolute faith in the way God created the female body, but with this faith there is not a bit of labor pain.

The birth muscles are automatic, they do not work at our command any more than our heart muscle does. However, once labor contractions start it is our instinct to do all we can to help them give birth. Every bit of help we give to these automatic muscles are actually interfering, not helping. If we quiet ourselves in faith and prayer, those muscles will work without a bit of pain. The mother can lay back in awe and wonder as she feels muscles move with no more pain than moving an arm or leg.

Some years ago a Dr. Read in England discovered this when he went to help a simple poor woman with her delivery. She told him that God was capable of creating her to have children, just leave the delivery to God.

It isn't easy to do. Every instinct tells us to hep. To leave all the work of delivery to automatic muscles takes extended concentration. Nurses must be talked into helping by not asking questions that would detract from leaving birth muscles free. You must be skilled in meditation. A good practice is to meditate on the 23rd psalm, seeing this psalm in pictures as you live it in your mind. Any time your mind strays bring it firmly back.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Hi blik,

Yes, I knew i passed by a title regarding natural childbirth earlier. For one who has experienced this, i would like to encourage esp. younger women who plan to give birth to learn as much as you can, and you won't regret it... of course, also the fathers/husbands who will be helping their wives, for you can more if you understood it more=).

I wrote something on this and havent found where to publish... but i should like to share some in time. Thanks for people like Dr. Grantly Dick-Read, the British obstetrician and proponent of natural childbirth. Ah, and i havent even read this at the time, but found this link to pdf, if anyone is interested: http://krishikosh.egranth.ac.in/bitstream/1/2027627/1/HS607.pdf. [I love the last page of the Preface to the Fourth ed.]

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Hi blik,

Yes, I knew i passed by a title regarding natural childbirth earlier. For one who has experienced this, i would like to encourage esp. younger women who plan to give birth to learn as much as you can, and you won't regret it... of course, also the fathers/husbands who will be helping their wives, for you can more if you understood it more=).

I wrote something on this and havent found where to publish... but i should like to share some in time. Thanks for people like Dr. Grantly Dick-Read, the British obstetrician and proponent of natural childbirth. Ah, and i havent even read this at the time, but found this link to pdf, if anyone is interested: http://krishikosh.egranth.ac.in/bitstream/1/2027627/1/HS607.pdf. [I love the last page of the Preface to the Fourth ed.]
I am amazed and delighted to hear from you. I thought I was alone, the only one who knew of this.

I think it is the only "how to" instructions that says to do nothing, for that is the way to have painless childbirth.

Thanks so very much for the link.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Get real..

Something the size of a watermelon, coming out of something the size of an orange doesn't hurt?!!

Baloney..

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
I'm not sure but that would be really great. Have you ever experienced it? it would be good if you were speaking from experience.

Blanche

Mar 19, 2018
had two. First one 27.5 hours of labor & delivery. Second one 36 hours. Went "natural" ... trust me ... huge mistake. Thought I was dying, literally. When the pain gets bad ... transitiion ... get some pain relief. God will forgive you! Now if you are one of those people that gives birth in a few hours, maybe you can go au natural.
I know many women who have had children and NOT ONE said it was painless ... even the lafew who had very short labors.

Blanche

Mar 19, 2018
Oh, and by the way, I had natural childbirth classes for months during my pregnancies ... where you learn to breathe thru the pain. Trust me, when you go into transition, you can't breathe. I remember saying to God "forgive me my sins and praying because I was sure death was coming. I am NOT being dramatic here and I did not have C-section either. I am a strong person and no stranger to pain but this was the limit. I did not take anything but when you get to the time when you are in 3rd stage (transition) that is when a dose of pain killer is most important. Compared to transition, actual pushing was a relief.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
Oh, and by the way, I had natural childbirth classes for months during my pregnancies ... where you learn to breathe thru the pain. Trust me, when you go into transition, you can't breathe. I remember saying to God "forgive me my sins and praying because I was sure death was coming. I am NOT being dramatic here and I did not have C-section either. I am a strong person and no stranger to pain but this was the limit. I did not take anything but when you get to the time when you are in 3rd stage (transition) that is when a dose of pain killer is most important. Compared to transition, actual pushing was a relief.
My wife told me the same thing but my question is, if it is soooo painful, why do women willingly do it again and again and again?
Maybe it is something wired.

Blanche

Mar 19, 2018
My wife told me the same thing but my question is, if it is soooo painful, why do women willingly do it again and again and again?
Maybe it is something wired.
Because the desire to have a child is strong. I will be honest, the second time I knew I was "in for it". but I wanted two children to keep each other company. (just my view). After two, I was done. I stopped though because I believe in quality not quantity. Two for us was right. My husband said to me: (having seen what I went through the first time (he passed out on the floor during the birth) "you dont have to do this again", but I wanted to. They say you forget the pain. I did not. I guess I am different.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
Because the desire to have a child is strong. I will be honest, the second time I knew I was "in for it". but I wanted two children to keep each other company. (just my view). After two, I was done. I stopped though because I believe in quality not quantity. Two for us was right. My husband said to me: (having seen what I went through the first time (he passed out on the floor during the birth) "you dont have to do this again", but I wanted to. They say you forget the pain. I did not. I guess I am different.
Some women will have as much as 10/12/14 children and most of them will admit that the pain goes with every child and experience too. I guess no one will be able to understand why but it is a curse and a blessing too (Genesis).
Btw, i have my first child with my wife but from what she told me, i'm the one afraid of the second child, she is not.

K

Karraster

There may be a rare few who are able to have a pain free birth naturally, but I've never know of any. I have 2 children, it was very (extreme to the max) painful even with prayer and breathing and coaching....etc.

The Bible talks about birth pains.....

Matthew 24:7Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are the beginning of birth pains.
Genesis 3:16 16To the woman he said, "I will make your pains in childbearing very severe; with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you."
1 Thessalonians 5:3 3While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.
John 16:21 21A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
I am amazed and delighted to hear from you. I thought I was alone, the only one who knew of this.

I think it is the only "how to" instructions that says to do nothing, for that is the way to have painless childbirth.

Thanks so very much for the link.
Hi blik,

I'm not saying it is totally painless from what i experienced, but what i have learned is that the more tense or anxious a person is, the more tense the muscles surrounding the uterus is, which makes the contractions hurt-- and the surrounding organs as well. And it is not actually doing nothing, for we did learn how to rest in the Lord thru it, 'relaxing' while deep breathing. Relax is not a word i use commonly or easily, for life isnt really relaxed.. we're constantly being nudged or pushed, whether early in the morning when we have to rise even before we want to.. to the end of the day.

I think it is a very individual thing. And that's why it's called labor... it is because it is hard work (Heb. etsev)=). Hard work may be difficult both for men and women, whether for a few hours or more, but not necessarily painful. Just now i do have a women's gathering in church in a few hrs and cannot talk much. But for those who do not understand, pls dont bash something you havent experienced, esp the men=)), for women esp. from other cultures have experienced and do this... Now how does one discuss this... remember how nurses measure how many inches or cm the cervix is at certain points during labor? Do you know that if a mother can find time to prepare pelvic muscles months before, which are elastic as a rubber band, a small baby can slide thru at the right time not in 3 in. but a stretched part of the body, smoothly. Again, i say this requires some study perhaps as athletes study their bodies how it would work optimally with certain demands, weight lifting, sprinting, etc. Tis does not make a mother who has given birth naturally more spiritual or better than other mothers who prepared (differently) for their births, but kudos to those who did take the effort to study something (almost) half the human race have to go thru in childbirth. Also to the men who take time to learn what their wives, their mothers, and other women have to go thru, not based on movies or novels read-- but on the reality that there is natural childbirth as done by the hebrew women who had to travel like the nomadic people thru deserts, stop along the way when they had to give birth, the catch up w/ the caravan...!

So whether your a mom or not, from the rising of the sun to its setting, let us rest on and praise the name of the Lord.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Hi blanche,
I wasnt sure who i'd reply to w/ few mins., but what i learned was that it is a real personal thing, as doctors who studied and understand it say too. I do know there is some fear for all women at childbirth, but was very blessed to have read abt a woman who studied childbrith after i think 2 difficult and painful births*... and discovered God did not intend for it all to be painful. After studying Bible references to those on birth, she discovered, with her husband a Heb. scholar, that these not all referred to pain in the original languages, and earlier translations. Words like writhe, travail, etc were not in Scripture, wc are in modern translations. Partly to be explained by the countless deaths in later centuries, before germs were discovered, but perpueral fever was not understood until abt the 17th century, was it... I gotta go, but hope can hear from others who know or have experienced the goodness of the Lord in birth too, not having to writhe in pain or travail, wc was not God's will.

*book is The Joy of Natural Childbirth, Wessel's the author i think. But there are others women can find if we search esp these days.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
I had a natural child birth with my daughter, but I didn't intend to do that. I found that the pain I dealt with wasn't too much more than cramps that you have during a period. Not pleasant but not killer either. Once my water was broken then things got real and the discomfort was more serious.

I found I just really wanted to be left alone to try and relax then you just get to a point where you want to push and I only let out one scream right at the birth which I immediately said I was sorry for doing that which had the doctor and nurses laughing as I guess they are used to real screamers and ladies that carry on. I by nature am not like that to start with. So while it was not painless it wasn't so terrible that it would have kept me from having another child I just couldn't afford another child.

Blanche

Mar 19, 2018
I had a natural child birth with my daughter, but I didn't intend to do that. I found that the pain I dealt with wasn't too much more than cramps that you have during a period. Not pleasant but not killer either. Once my water was broken then things got real and the discomfort was more serious.

I found I just really wanted to be left alone to try and relax then you just get to a point where you want to push and I only let out one scream right at the birth which I immediately said I was sorry for doing that which had the doctor and nurses laughing as I guess they are used to real screamers and ladies that carry on. I by nature am not like that to start with. So while it was not painless it wasn't so terrible that it would have kept me from having another child I just couldn't afford another child.
I think the doctors laughed because you were apologizing for what routinely happens. Women giving birth generally scream when pushing. For most of us it is painful and we are not "screamers" or "carrying on". I accept that for you it was not hard (exception to the rule) and I am happy for you. It's just best not to judge our sisters as to what they are going through or how they should react. We are all different. I almost lost both of my children giving birth (one stuck in birth canal and too late for Caeserian) and the other had the umbillical cord wrapped around her neck (again too late for Caesarian). Thankfully,, they are both healthy.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014

Good to hear from you, Jl, and thanks for sharing. With my firstborn, i did not know abt natural childbirth, and husband making jokes helped lighten the time, i guess! And lessen the fear and stress before birth. I think the word most mothers would use who dealt with the experience is discomfort.. Not very pleasant, but neither excruciating.