Children's Sunday School Responses.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
I know that many of you have had interesting responses from your children. How about sharing them with us. Here's an example.

Teacher was explaining the story of Sodom and Gomorrah. When she told them that Lot's wife looked back and she turned into a pillar if salt.

Johnny blurted out "my mommy looked back and she turned into a telephone pole!"

notmyown

May 26, 2016
i taught the 3 and 4 year olds when i was in my early thirties. i enjoyed asking them how old they thought i was, because the answers were unfailingly either 13 or 70. :D

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Not sunday school but Bibles in school (it was either Wednesdays or Thursdays in schools)

I asked children (year 5) what they thought a good friend does and one said 'good friends prank each other'

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I also asked them to memorise a verse and I would give them a prize the next week if they remmebered. Well NOBODY remembered, even when I wrote it down for them (Phillipians verse 2:4)

so next time I will just ask if anyone remembers ANY verse from the Bible. lol

arthurfleminger

Aug 18, 2021
True story, I saw the video on 'America's Funniest Videos'', about 7 years ago. The video is no longer on line. But a young 7 year old girl spent her first day at Sunday School and her mother asked her what she had learned. The little girl quickly responded that she learned that, "Cheez Its" is God. The mother repeated the question, to make sure that she hadn't misheard, and she didn't mishear.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Pastor failed to dismiss children to children's church. Johnny blurted out "you forgot children's church!"

Pastor reminded every one that it was 5th Sunday and there is no children's church today.

Little Johnny said "Well, why are we having big people's church on a holiday?"

Billyd

May 8, 2014
It was communion time.

When the bread was passed around, Johnny's mother told him that he couldn't eat it.
When the grape juice (wine) was passed around his mother told him that he couldn't drink it.

Later in the service the offering plate was passed around, his mother told him to put his dollar in the collection plate. Johnny put the dollar in his pocket and remarked "No eat, No Drink, No Pay!"

presidente

May 29, 2013
I heard this from a grown college student. She wanted to know why if Jesus was good, why did He want the children to suffer. He said, "Suffer the little children...." in the Bible, she said. She kept a straight face, so I think she was serious. I told her that 'suffer' in King James English meant 'let' or 'allow.'

Billyd

May 8, 2014
This is from Billy Graham's "Peace for each day"

A five year old boy had his hand stuck in an expensive vase. Try as the may they couldn't get his hand. At wits end, and just before the father was about to break the vase. He told his son to open his fist, and straighten his fingers, and try to get his hand out. The son said "but Father, if I open my fist, I'll drop my penny!"

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
asked the children whats the ONE thing they would ask for that they could have if they wish for anything and it was granted

several answers

I wish I could fly
I wish to live forever
I wish for no fighting
I wish for friends

I asked the child playing King Solomon what he would ask for (he was meant to be dreaming and God would speak to him in a dream) and he said he asked for a wife. lol

He was supposed to ask for wisdom!