Child's prayer

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tjogs

Jun 28, 2009
I have 2 children, 2 and 4 years old at the moment and as any responsible parents we too try to teach them know the lord.
Last night my wife was putting kids to sleep and had evening prayer with them. She said that if they want they can ask something from the Lord where younger, the 2 years old said: "Lord, I want (to have) 1 Elephant"

My wife couldn't help but burst to laugh when she heard that but same time she remembered that It's our Lord who provides us all we need.
As she told it herself: "her prayer were too impossible to have but I was reminded that our God is a God of impossible, so no matter how big our problems or we may be experiencing difficulties,trials in our daily life, if we just put our trust and faith to the Lord...
MATTHEW 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.”

G

Godsgirl83

NEVER underestimate the faith of a child:) Who knows...…. your little one could grow up and support an elephant project;).
Some of the (seemingly) silliest things my children have said/done have awaken that childlike faith within me:).

M

Mrsmom

Yea dont laugh, God may call you to be missionaries in Africa and your daughter may end up with an elephant. ;)

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
I recall being terribly plagued by nightmares between 3 and 6 years old. My mom was praying with me and told me if I asked Jesus he could help me. I remember thinking..."oh of course, sure please do that Jesus take them away" (something along those lines). I didn't have another nightmare until I was 18 in college :)