Cholesterol

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
Any tips for lowering Cholesterol? turns out coffee and the creamer I use raised my cholesterol levels, now I'm on a diet eating just fruits and veggies with water. Once I feel better I can turn to normal eating but I'm gonna have to put away my homemade coffee, so I can just drink Starbucks or from other outside sources.

on a side note: my doctor needs to understand that he cannot add me more medicine because my body responds in a negative way and then I get allergies. My other doctor explained to me that I can only take so much and nothing more. Anyway, thanks for coming to my rant.

MsMediator

Mar 8, 2022
These steps can lower cholesterol:
Intermittent fasting
Cut/eliminate sugar and carbs as much as possible
Eliminate processed/refined foods
Exercise

I have read that cutting sugar and carbs(which turn to sugar) is more impactful than lowering fat in becoming healthier.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
I don't see why the tiny bit of cholesterol found in a tiny little plastic cream container or two would have any bearing on cholesterol if it is pure cow milk cream. Perhaps they are serving the kind with sweetener. Refined sugar and some artificial sweeteners can mess up the body. Many people get an inflammatory response from the GMO corn or beets that some companies use for sugar and sweetener like those found in Truvia. Truvia is the sweetener brand name for a mix of stevia and an alcohol called erythritol. They use gmo based erythritol which I have tried and got very sick from one packet. I thought it was simple Stevia, a sweet plant leaf extract. I read afterwards that it is mixed with the toxin that commonly causes inflammation and serious digestive problems.

The last time I went grocery shopping, a good brand of grass fed butter was on sale so I stocked up. I have at least 10 pounds of premium butter in the freezer. I ate half a stick yesterday and will probably eat the rest of the stick of butter tomorrow. I normally eat calf liver too. Why would I do that when they are high in cholesterol?
Because I am unfortunately allergic to eggs right now. Perhaps I'll overcome that some day. The body produces cholesterol and requires additional for brain and hormone production. I like to maintain the hormone production God gave and prevent cognitive challenges so I eat cholesterol and avoid Doctor prescribed statins. There's a lot more on the subject that's beyond the scope of a forum, however you have a good start on the information. I hope that it spurs further interest to learn more.
Here's an Intro to the Dr. who wrote the book A Stick of Butter a Day Keeps the Doctor Away.

Zandar

May 16, 2023
I'm not sure if the cholesterol causes heart attacks is a real thing. I refuse to take any cholesterol meds myself, but who am I to say.

Tall_Timbers

Mar 31, 2023
Cheyenne WY
christiancommunityforum.com
I take simvastatin which lowers my cholesterol a bit. When I cut out sweets and went heavy on meats and natural fats, there was no rise to my cholesterol levels. I also eat lots of eggs. For a lot of us, the levels we end up with are mostly genetic and there's not much you can do about it.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
Any tips for lowering Cholesterol? turns out coffee and the creamer I use raised my cholesterol levels, now I'm on a diet eating just fruits and veggies with water. Once I feel better I can turn to normal eating but I'm gonna have to put away my homemade coffee, so I can just drink Starbucks or from other outside sources.

on a side note: my doctor needs to understand that he cannot add me more medicine because my body responds in a negative way and then I get allergies. My other doctor explained to me that I can only take so much and nothing more. Anyway, thanks for coming to my rant.
yes, flaxseed is proven to be the world's number 1 cholesterol reducer. extra virgin olive oil will not clog you.

Zandar

May 16, 2023
my grandmother has eat hog lard with her vegetables her whole life

oct 17 she will be 103

MsMediator

Mar 8, 2022
I take simvastatin which lowers my cholesterol a bit. When I cut out sweets and went heavy on meats and natural fats, there was no rise to my cholesterol levels. I also eat lots of eggs. For a lot of us, the levels we end up with are mostly genetic and there's not much you can do about it.
Do you use Stevia or artificial sweeteners?

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
Don't know about Stevia, never heard of it. Whatever artificial sweeteners might be in diet pepsi and propel. Those are the two things I drink.
consider this tall timbers: soda rots your teeth, puts microscopic holes in your bones by removing phosphorous, decreases memory & thinking, makes you thirstier because of it's sugar content, allows for crotchetiness, ( can't sit still), assists with a bad attitude & causes diabetes!

Tall_Timbers

Mar 31, 2023
Cheyenne WY
christiancommunityforum.com
consider this tall timbers: soda rots your teeth, puts microscopic holes in your bones by removing phosphorous, decreases memory & thinking, makes you thirstier because of it's sugar content, allows for crotchetiness, ( can't sit still), assists with a bad attitude & causes diabetes!
My teeth are fine, my bones seem to be too. Diet pepsi contains no sugar. I'm not crotchety nor am I known to have a bad attitude and I don't have diabetes. If I did have all those issues though, I'd continue drinking diet pepsi. As I told my doctor before last when she suggested I stop drinking diet pepsi, "How long do I have to live, doc?"

MsMediator

Mar 8, 2022
I now only drink zero sugar soda but have reduced them. They are not stocked in the fridge as much. I now use the True Lime and True Lemon packets more which are sugar free and more refreshing.

Mar 23, 2023
youtube.com
I'm telling you garlic beats any cholesterol from the pharmacy, it's nature's wonder! I sprinkled garlic powder on my eggs and when to get a bloodtest and the Doctor read the results and said, Cholesterol, normal and I said, wait a minute, What?

Sep 10, 2020
Well, from a dietary standpoint, I have really been loving Ka'Chava. I know, it looks like hipster gruel, but it isn't. It has a lovely health profile and is chock-full of the good stuff. It's nothing akin to Slim Fast, Atkins, etc., it's much better and cleaner. Labs have been great on it. CBCs and comprehensive metabolic panels alike. The taste is actually really good and when you drink it, you don't feel like you are missing out on much. It's no eight-ounce shake either, it makes about four full cups. Very filling.

Regarding allergies, I'm not sure how it would affect you. They try to keep low on the allergic markers.

May 27, 2023

Have you done a Vitamin B12 blood test, it pairs up with Folate in the same test.
If you do not eat meat, you need to test it.
You might also like to check homocysteine, but that could be pushed up by low vitamin B12 (&/or low folate)
How is your HDL Cholesterol?

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
Have you done a Vitamin B12 blood test, it pairs up with Folate in the same test.
If you do not eat meat, you need to test it.
You might also like to check homocysteine, but that could be pushed up by low vitamin B12 (&/or low folate)
How is your HDL Cholesterol?
flaxseed is proven to be the world's #1 cholesterol reducer! extra virgin olive oil is also a fine reducer.

May 27, 2023
flaxseed is proven to be the world's #1 cholesterol reducer! extra virgin olive oil is also a fine reducer.
Yes I have been there and done that, it is still not good enough to avoid cholesterol reduction medicaton (Statins is the generic name). They say weight has something to do with it, I gave up eating standard most common bread using GE wheat, it gives a leaky gut, I lost 10 Kg over a month, and there was no change to my cholesterol, for a time I did not eat any bread, but now I eat coconut bread. on the other had, I stopped eating so much food with refined sugar in it, even breakfast cereal has refined sugar in it to make you eat more, I dont buy that anymore I get fibre from fruit & vegetables, I lost 1 Kg with a good improvement on cholesterol blood test, but still not good enough to be taken off statins.

Then I noticed I never get influenza now, every flu season I would get a cold sore, I never get those anymore, it is the refined sugar, it takes out the white blood cells and makes it harder for the body to fight flu & cold sore virus

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
Yes I have been there and done that, it is still not good enough to avoid cholesterol reduction medicaton (Statins is the generic name). They say weight has something to do with it, I gave up eating standard most common bread using GE wheat, it gives a leaky gut, I lost 10 Kg over a month, and there was no change to my cholesterol, for a time I did not eat any bread, but now I eat coconut bread. on the other had, I stopped eating so much food with refined sugar in it, even breakfast cereal has refined sugar in it to make you eat more, I dont buy that anymore I get fibre from fruit & vegetables, I lost 1 Kg with a good improvement on cholesterol blood test, but still not good enough to be taken off statins.

Then I noticed I never get influenza now, every flu season I would get a cold sore, I never get those anymore, it is the refined sugar, it takes out the white blood cells and makes it harder for the body to fight flu & cold sore virus
for a stronger immune system, start a steady diet of honey, oranges & white tea. white tea is extremely high in antioxidants. & yes, get rid of all white refined sugar, white flour, enriched foods, additives, chemicals, fertilizers, fillers & preservatives. never eat within 4 hours of going to bed. that can be hazardous. eating the right food, right amount at the right time is highly beneficial.

May 27, 2023
One boxed cereal said they use brown sugar, I dont think brown sugar is the total answer to why they put it in cereal food, just a slight improvement over the white poison variation, but I do not need to improve my immune sustem, just make not to spoil it.