Choosing to sin, after we have received the knowledge of the truth, is choosing to be lost.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
EZEKIEL 18:24 But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, [and] doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked [man] doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die. [ GOD does not change ]And has no respect of persons
James5:19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
5:20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins. [ this tells us if we see A brother [in CHRIST ] err, [means sin ] an And we warn him, that CHRISTIANS are NOT TO SIN, and he repents and don't sin, then he is saved from death, [ but if he don't repent, this is what will happen to him.
HEBREWS 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. the consuming fire of GOD, will devour him,

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
2 Thessalonians] 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2 Thessalonians] 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2 Thessalonians] 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
unrighteousness IS SIN, unrighteousness IS DISOBEYING GOD

Jun 11, 2020
EZEKIEL 18:24 But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, [and] doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked [man] doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die. [ GOD does not change ]And has no respect of persons
5:20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins. [ this tells us if we see A brother [in CHRIST ] err, [means sin ] an And we warn him, that CHRISTIANS are NOT TO SIN, and he repents and don't sin, then he is saved from death, [ but if he don't repent, this is what will happen to him.
HEBREWS 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. the consuming fire of GOD, will devour him,
2 Thessalonians] 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2 Thessalonians] 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2 Thessalonians] 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
unrighteousness IS SIN, unrighteousness IS DISOBEYING GOD
I think that you will admit that "lost" is not found in your texts.

Ezekiel is written to Israel, not the Church.

A Christian who habitually sins can die. But the death is physical - like Ananias and Saphira, the incestuous brother of 1st Corinthians 5, the saints who took the Lord's table unworthily in 1st Corinthians 11 and Alexander the coppersmith. They are all committed to an earlier than normal death for certain sins. But there is no talk of being lost. 1st Corinthians 5 shows that a Christian can sin grievously and be slain, but that this killing of the body is to preserve the spirit. So also 1st Corinthians 3. A Christian who builds with false material suffers LOSS but is still saved.

Hebrews 10 cannot be suddenly joined to James. Hebrews was written to EX-Jews who embraced the Lord Jesus (Heb.3:1), but after persecution started, thought it better to return to Moses. In Chapter 10 the context is the many sacrifices of the Law, which the Jew could call upon for his many trespasses, verses the ONE-AND-ONLY sacrifice of Christ. The author of Hebrews is saying; "If you Ex-Hebrews have accepted the one-and-only sacrifice of Christ, THERE ARE NO ADDITIONAL SACRIFICES. In the Law you could steal on Monday and sacrifice a lamb on Tuesday. You could eat some pork on Wednesday and sacrifice a turtle dove on Friday. There always REMAINED a sacrifice for sins.

But it is NOT SO when you have embraced Christ. If you think you can continue in sin and sacrifice Christ over and over again - BE WARNED. (i) You cannot do that, and (ii) you demean the death of Christ when God the Father has upheld it. The rest of the warning you have read correctly EXCEPT you added "lost" to the text when it is not there. A disciple of Christ who is an habitual sinner has to face the Bema (Rom.14:10; 2nd Cor.5:10). He will, at that assize, either be rewarded or punished. The punishment will be grievous, but nowhere does it say that Christ's WORK, which the Father has approved, is undone.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I'm guessing you have NEVER willfully sinned since becoming a Christian.

stepbystep

Aug 31, 2020
I thank God for His loving grace and mercy. I thank Jesus for the blood He shed on Calvary's cross which covers my sins, be they willful or not, and when God looks he sees the Blood and not my imperfect human being.

without Him I am nothing.

Oct 10, 2020
peter asked Jesus how many times he should forgive, 7 times? Jesus replied not
7 times but 70 x 7 times. Which translates into forever. God loves us eternally
and th reason God forgives is He wants us to start over every time we mess up.
and there is no end to Gods forgiveness in sscripures. There are places where man
feels there is a limit but God has no limit, His love has no limit. In Isaiah:55
man tries to put a limit on God but God says to him my ways are higher than your way
In other words, God says I tell you what to do, you dont tell Me what to do.

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
Well, since you sin every single day of your life, you are choosing to be lost?

May 31, 2020
Jesus teaches us not to sin but there is love in His words. How much love is in your words?

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I'm guessing you have NEVER willfully sinned since becoming a Christian.
I don't think it is right that so many posters give slurs and taunts to anyone who speaks of God's laws. This is a classic one.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I don't think it is right that so many posters give slurs and taunts to anyone who speaks of God's laws. This is a classic one.
What the heck are you talking about?

What slur or taunt?

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
I think that you will admit that "lost" is not found in your texts.

Ezekiel is written to Israel, not the Church.

A Christian who habitually sins can die. But the death is physical - like Ananias and Saphira, the incestuous brother of 1st Corinthians 5, the saints who took the Lord's table unworthily in 1st Corinthians 11 and Alexander the coppersmith. They are all committed to an earlier than normal death for certain sins. But there is no talk of being lost. 1st Corinthians 5 shows that a Christian can sin grievously and be slain, but that this killing of the body is to preserve the spirit. So also 1st Corinthians 3. A Christian who builds with false material suffers LOSS but is still saved.

Hebrews 10 cannot be suddenly joined to James. Hebrews was written to EX-Jews who embraced the Lord Jesus (Heb.3:1), but after persecution started, thought it better to return to Moses. In Chapter 10 the context is the many sacrifices of the Law, which the Jew could call upon for his many trespasses, verses the ONE-AND-ONLY sacrifice of Christ. The author of Hebrews is saying; "If you Ex-Hebrews have accepted the one-and-only sacrifice of Christ, THERE ARE NO ADDITIONAL SACRIFICES. In the Law you could steal on Monday and sacrifice a lamb on Tuesday. You could eat some pork on Wednesday and sacrifice a turtle dove on Friday. There always REMAINED a sacrifice for sins.

But it is NOT SO when you have embraced Christ. If you think you can continue in sin and sacrifice Christ over and over again - BE WARNED. (i) You cannot do that, and (ii) you demean the death of Christ when God the Father has upheld it. The rest of the warning you have read correctly EXCEPT you added "lost" to the text when it is not there. A disciple of Christ who is an habitual sinner has to face the Bema (Rom.14:10; 2nd Cor.5:10). He will, at that assize, either be rewarded or punished. The punishment will be grievous, but nowhere does it say that Christ's WORK, which the Father has approved, is undone.
THE saved does

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
Well, since you sin every single day of your life, you are choosing to be lost?
Sin is not counted against till GOD SHOWS YOU IN HIS WORD THAT IT IS SIN, It does not matter who it is, To choose to sin is to choose to be LOST, JUST LIKE this tells US, And many other SCRIPTURES ALSO.
10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
To willfully sin is CHOOSE to be LOST, there are A lot of SCRIPTURES TELL US THAT, BUT Satan HAS GOT PEOPLE where thay just look OVER THEM.
10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
James 2 Peter
2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known [it], to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog [is] turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

5:19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
5:20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

May 31, 2020
Posters who continuously refuse to acknowledge God’s grace draw the ire of people who understand God’s grace and our obligation to share His grace with the entire world.

Jan 12, 2019
Sin is not counted against till GOD SHOWS YOU IN HIS WORD THAT IT IS SIN, It does not matter who it is, To choose to sin is to choose to be LOST, JUST LIKE this tells US, And many other SCRIPTURES ALSO.
Well, during the Tribulation, when God commanded you not to take the mark of the beast, otherwise you will be forever be condemned, no matter what you believed about Jesus.

If you still go ahead and take the mark, yes, you are disobeying God and you can look forward to the lake of fire (Revelation 14)

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
Well, during the Tribulation, when God commanded you not to take the mark of the beast, otherwise you will be forever be condemned, no matter what you believed about Jesus.

If you still go ahead and take the mark, yes, you are disobeying God and you can look forward to the lake of fire (Revelation 14)
We will haft to be like the reformers That GIVE their life's To stand on GOD'S word AND THAT WE MITE HAVE THE BIBLE,
NOW WHY DO YOU THINK THAT WE ARE ANY BETTER THEN THEY WHERE ??? AND YESUAH'S APOSLES that give their live.
I just PREY THAT GOD GIVES ME THE STRANTH TO DO THE SAME, FROM WHAT I READ IT WAS A JOY TO THEM AND THEY GLORFIED THE LORD YESUAH, I CAN NOT THINK OF A BETTER WAY TO GIVE MY LIFE, I just HOPE THAT GOD WILL GIVE ME THE STRANTH TO DO THE SAME, If he sees that is what is the BEST for me. And I think it is very close, I am looking for it in the next few years. WHEN Sunday LAWS are enforced, it will start. The passing of sunday enforcement, will start the time of trouble and the mark of the beast

Jan 12, 2019
We will haft to be like the reformers That GIVE their life's To stand on GOD'S word AND THAT WE MITE HAVE THE BIBLE,
NOW WHY DO YOU THINK THAT WE ARE ANY BETTER THEN THEY WHERE ??? AND YESUAH'S APOSLES that give their live.
I just PREY THAT GOD GIVES ME THE STRANTH TO DO THE SAME, FROM WHAT I READ IT WAS A JOY TO THEM AND THEY GLORFIED THE LORD YESUAH, I CAN NOT THINK OF A BETTER WAY TO GIVE MY LIFE, I just HOPE THAT GOD WILL GIVE ME THE STRANTH TO DO THE SAME, If he sees that is what is the BEST for me. And I think it is very close, I am looking for it in the next few years. WHEN Sunday LAWS are enforced, it will start. The passing of sunday enforcement, will start the time of trouble and the mark of the beast
Well I believed that the Body of Christ, as God's ambassadors, will be recalled into heaven, before he declares war on Earth and unbelieving Israel.

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
Well I believed that the Body of Christ, as God's ambassadors, will be recalled into heaven, before he declares war on Earth and unbelieving Israel.
16:12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
16:13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs [come] out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
16:14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, [which] go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed [is] he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

YESUAH IS COMMING AS A THIEF AFTER the 6th plague, And that does do away with what they call a RAPTURE, that is not in the BIBLE, NOR IS IT GOING TO HAPPEN, YESUAH TELLS US, that the tares are gether FIRST, AND that IS the LOST,

Jan 12, 2019
16:12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
16:13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs [come] out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
16:14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, [which] go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed [is] he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

YESUAH IS COMMING AS A THIEF AFTER the 6th plague, And that does do away with what they call a RAPTURE, that is not in the BIBLE, NOR IS IT GOING TO HAPPEN, YESUAH TELLS US, that the tares are gether FIRST, AND that IS the LOST,
Well you may also be correct, but if it turns out you are, yes, all of us better stick to Hebrews to Revelations for the necessary doctrine to survive thru those years, as well as what Jesus taught in the 4 gospels for the lost sheep of the House of Israel ;)

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
Well you may also be correct, but if it turns out you are, yes, all of us better stick to Hebrews to Revelations for the necessary doctrine to survive thru those years, as well as what Jesus taught in the 4 gospels for the lost sheep of the House of Israel ;)
Galatians 3:29 And if ye [be] Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
WE are the SPIRITUAL ISREAL NOW, THAT is world wide.
Ezekiel 21:25 And thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity [shall have] an end,
21:26 Thus saith the Lord GOD; Remove the diadem, and take off the crown: this [shall] not [be] the same: exalt [him that is] low, and abase [him that is] high.
21:27 I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no [more], until he come whose right it is; and I will give it [him].

HE is telling us here that HE is not going to turn back to ISREAL till the one that it belongs to comes back, and that is when YESUAH COMES IN HIS KINGDOM, AND HE is coming for all of ISREAL, AND THAT IS SPIRITUAL ISREAL ALSO.