Choosing to sin, after we have received the knowledge of the truth, is choosing to be lost.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 12, 2019
So, my point was that, if you claim that believers could walk away from Christ by not doing good/or doing evil, you are claiming that Jesus's obedience on the cross is less powerful than Adam's disobedience in the garden.

AlmondJoy

Oct 31, 2020
So, my point was that, if you claim that believers could walk away from Christ by not doing good/or doing evil, you are claiming that Jesus's obedience on the cross is less powerful than Adam's disobedience in the garden.
If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
1 John 1:6

ARE YOU A LIAR?

But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
1 Corinthians 9:27

Castaway--greek.....reprobate

Like I said Paul knew he could walk away

Why do you disagree with paul?

AlmondJoy

Oct 31, 2020
So, my point was that, if you claim that believers could walk away from Christ by not doing good/or doing evil, you are claiming that Jesus's obedience on the cross is less powerful than Adam's disobedience in the garden.[/QUOPaul?

Do you feel conviction when you sin wilfully?

notuptome

May 17, 2013
If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
1 John 1:6

ARE YOU A LIAR?

But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Like I said Paul knew he could walk away

Why do you disagree with paul?
I see your self righteousness is offended by the grace of the gospel. Where do you find even one good thing in man?

Paul never taught that a believer could walk away from Christ. Paul knew that a believer would never think of walking away from the Savior that bought them with His own blood. Do you not know that you are not your own. You are bought with a price, the precious blood of Christ. Believers are the prized possession of Christ.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

AlmondJoy

Oct 31, 2020
I see your self righteousness is offended by the grace of the gospel. Where do you find even one good thing in man?

Paul never taught that a believer could walk away from Christ. Paul knew that a believer would never think of walking away from the Savior that bought them with His own blood. Do you not know that you are not your own. You are bought with a price, the precious blood of Christ. Believers are the prized possession of Christ.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
I see your ignorance shinning through Roger

I noticed you didn't even comment on the scripture I gave.

You say Paul never taught that a believer could walk away BUT LET'S ASK Paul

Tell what did Paul REALLY mean to write here. IM SURE YOU KNOW WHAT HE REALLY MEANT WHEN HE SAID WHAT HE SAID

notuptome

May 17, 2013
I see your ignorance shinning through Roger

I noticed you didn't even comment on the scripture I gave.

You say Paul never taught that a believer could walk away BUT LET'S ASK Paul

Tell what did Paul REALLY mean to write here. IM SURE YOU KNOW WHAT HE REALLY MEANT WHEN HE SAID WHAT HE SAID
If you properly interpret the verse Paul is saying that he does not want to be disapproved of God not cast out of Gods presence.

Adokimos meaning disapproved. Paul is again teaching regarding the loss of rewards not the loss of salvation. Keep the verse in context and you will come to understand the correct meaning.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

AlmondJoy

Oct 31, 2020
If you properly interpret the verse Paul is saying that he does not want to be disapproved of God not cast out of Gods presence.

Adokimos meaning disapproved. Paul is again teaching regarding the loss of rewards not the loss of salvation. Keep the verse in context and you will come to understand the correct meaning.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
castaway, rejected, reprobate.
From a (as a negative particle) and dokimos; unapproved, i.e. Rejected; by implication, worthless (literally or morally) -- castaway, rejected, reprobate.

see GREEK a

see GREEK dokimos

Show me how this verse means loss of rewards.....that sounds good because it fits what you want BUT THAT IS NOT WHAT PAUL SAID

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
2 Thessalonians] 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2 Thessalonians] 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2 Thessalonians] 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
unrighteousness IS SIN, unrighteousness IS DISOBEYING GOD
Good morning bud62,
I do agree with you that unrighteousness is sin, and that unrighteousness is disobeying God. Additionally, as righteousness is synonymous with faith believing in the Word, then its opposite, unrighteousness can be regarded as not believing in the Word. Those who will not receive the love of the truth do so because they voluntarily choose not to believe the truth, and will choose to believe a lie.
You do realize that 2 Thessalonians 2 has a lot to do with the end times, the beast and the antichrist?

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
Good morning bud62,
I do agree with you that unrighteousness is sin, and that unrighteousness is disobeying God. Additionally, as righteousness is synonymous with faith believing in the Word, then its opposite, unrighteousness can be regarded as not believing in the Word. Those who will not receive the love of the truth do so because they voluntarily choose not to believe the truth, and will choose to believe a lie.
You do realize that 2 Thessalonians 2 has a lot to do with the end times, the beast and the antichrist?
2 THESS 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; The man of sin = the Papacy
2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

[He sits in the temple. And Clams to take the place the place of GOD on earth,, He got the deadly wound in 1798ad, when France put the Papacy in prison, and He died in there, But the deadly wound is almost healed, AND he by the power of the U.S.A, will start persecuting again, VERY SOON, About all the reformers tell US that the Papacy is the Antichrist, and HE is,]

2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth [will let], until he be taken out of the way.
This is where pagan ROME that was taken out so Papacy rome could come in, And the Papacy ROME came in power in 1798ad,
O yes I know that we are in the LAST days of this WORLD, YESUAH is soon coming, HE will destroy the wicked by the BRIGHTNESS of HIS coming, And after they are slain and laying on the Ground for the BIRDS, and no one to BURY them, Because after they are slain, YESUAH is going to take his CHURCH, to Heaven FOR the 1000 YEARS, FOR JUDGMENT FOR the LOST, to show HIS saints, WHY THE ONES that are lost, ARE LOST, after the 1000 years, The new JEWUSALAM will come down from GOD out of HEAVEN, and sit down on the earth, with GOD'S saints in the City, The wicked will be RESURECTED, and they come up on the GROUND, FOR their final punishment, and surround the city of GOD, AND fire COMES down from GOD out OF HEAVEN, AND DEVOURS THEM, And after they have suffered and paid for their sins, they will be turn to ashes, upon the GROUND, then GOD Will renew the earth for his saints, And the BIBLE SAYS that the righteous will tread down the ashes of the wicked, for they will be ashes under the Soles of the Saints feet.
4:1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
4:2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
4:3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do [this], saith the LORD of hosts.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
When we post, it would be so wonderful if we could all use the love that we receive within when we recieve the Holy Spirit.

Then we could say with Paul in Phil 2:13 "for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.

Philippians 2:1, 2, & 13 :)

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
2 THESS 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; The man of sin = the Papacy
2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

[He sits in the temple. And Clams to take the place the place of GOD on earth,, He got the deadly wound in 1798ad, when France put the Papacy in prison, and He died in there, But the deadly wound is almost healed, AND he by the power of the U.S.A, will start persecuting again, VERY SOON, About all the reformers tell US that the Papacy is the Antichrist, and HE is,]

2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth [will let], until he be taken out of the way.
This is where pagan ROME that was taken out so Papacy rome could come in, And the Papacy ROME came in power in 1798ad,
O yes I know that we are in the LAST days of this WORLD, YESUAH is soon coming, HE will destroy the wicked by the BRIGHTNESS of HIS coming, And after they are slain and laying on the Ground for the BIRDS, and no one to BURY them, Because after they are slain, YESUAH is going to take his CHURCH, to Heaven FOR the 1000 YEARS, FOR JUDGMENT FOR the LOST, to show HIS saints, WHY THE ONES that are lost, ARE LOST, after the 1000 years, The new JEWUSALAM will come down from GOD out of HEAVEN, and sit down on the earth, with GOD'S saints in the City, The wicked will be RESURECTED, and they come up on the GROUND, FOR their final punishment, and surround the city of GOD, AND fire COMES down from GOD out OF HEAVEN, AND DEVOURS THEM, And after they have suffered and paid for their sins, they will be turn to ashes, upon the GROUND, then GOD Will renew the earth for his saints, And the BIBLE SAYS that the righteous will tread down the ashes of the wicked, for they will be ashes under the Soles of the Saints feet.
4:1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
4:2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
4:3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do [this], saith the LORD of hosts.
The true temple of God isn't a stone building (Acts 17:24). The true temple of God is within us, where God dwells (1 Corinthians 3:16).
So while I agree with you that the papacy is not the true church of Christ; the papacy nevertheless does not hold sway in enacting any meaningful policy throughout the world's nations. In contrast, the policies of the beast and Antichrist will be the adoration in the hearts of the people with the beasts system (Revelation 13:4 & 8). This is the lie that people will choose over the truth, and is the true temple in which the beast and Antichrist should not be in.

1 Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Revelation 13:4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

Revelation 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
castaway, rejected, reprobate.
From a (as a negative particle) and dokimos; unapproved, i.e. Rejected; by implication, worthless (literally or morally) -- castaway, rejected, reprobate.

see GREEK a

see GREEK dokimos

Show me how this verse means loss of rewards.....that sounds good because it fits what you want BUT THAT IS NOT WHAT PAUL SAID
1 Cor 9:19 ¶ For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.
20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;
21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.
22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
23 And this I do for the gospel’s sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.
24 ¶ Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:
27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Nothing in the preceding verses makes your proof text contextual. Loss of salvation is not the subject of this passage. It is service and rewards which are part of sanctification not salvation.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
1 Cor 9:19 ¶ For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.
20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;
21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.
22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
23 And this I do for the gospel’s sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.
24 ¶ Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:
27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Nothing in the preceding verses makes your proof text contextual. Loss of salvation is not the subject of this passage. It is service and rewards which are part of sanctification not salvation.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
1 COR 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring [it] into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
To be A castaway here, He is that he could be lost, if hehim didn't do what he preached,

AlmondJoy

Oct 31, 2020

For the cause of Christ
Roger
soooooooo REPROBATES are going to heaven now, they just lose a few rewards??

I knew you could tell me what Paul really meant to say. Thanks

Maybe you could publish your own version called "Holy Bible, what it really meant to say"

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
Some time GOD takes A simple mind like mine, as YEAUAH Did when He Come, All the ones that was high up in Church, was so missed up that he didn't even use them, and only one of came to talk to him to learn. that I can think of. and he was miss up on the doctrine also, I believe if you study about those that are high up and teaching also in the last day Church, JUST take A look at what YESUAH says to the LAST day CHURCH, YESUAH HAS NOTRHING GOOD TO SAY to THEM,
REVELATION, 3:13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and [that] the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

I do not clam to be smart, but what GOD gives me I believe GOD wants ME to share with OTHERS, But I'm not on here to be liked, though it is good to be like specially for trying to stand on GOD'S WORD, but to try to help others to see the few things that GOD has showed me, not just using a few scriptures,
and trying to pick out things to go with what I believe, BUT WHAT the BIBLE says AS A whole. ALL THE WAY THROUGH IT.
GOD Bless as GOD see GOOD FOR YOU

notuptome

May 17, 2013
1 COR 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring [it] into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
To be A castaway here, He is that he could be lost, if hehim didn't do what he preached,
Sorry but that is reading into the word of God not reading out of the word of God. It may be what you want it to say but it is not what God said. I have no idea why you want to read into that verse such a poor understanding of the grace of God but I'm certain that I cannot prevent you from doing what you want. I can only point out your error for your sake and the sake of others.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
Sorry but that is reading into the word of God not reading out of the word of God. It may be what you want it to say but it is not what God said. I have no idea why you want to read into that verse such a poor understanding of the grace of God but I'm certain that I cannot prevent you from doing what you want. I can only point out your error for your sake and the sake of others.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
So hypocrite And All the rest is GOING to BE in HEAVEN, That hasn't REPENTED,
Then YOUR HEAVEN is GOING TO BE JUST as BAD as it is here ON EARTH,
There MUST be AT less 500 places in THE BIBLE that tells US THAT THIS IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.
GOD bless as GOD sees GOOD FOR YOU And All THE REST, THAT study and want the truth, And those
that Don't, MAY find that desire in there HEART to, THROUGH GOD WORD AND SPIRIT

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Good point about keeping the verse in context. In context, Paul is talking about being disqualified for the prize (NIV). What is the prize? Is it the reward of which he spoke of in verse 1 Corinthians 9:18? Salvation is a gift, not a prize. A prize is something that you work for and earn where a gift is something that you freely accept without merit. Prize (brabeion) - the prize awarded to a victor, the reward (recognition) that follows triumph. That doesn't sound like a free gift (Romans 6:23; Ephesians 2:8). 1 Corinthians 3:14-15 mentions - If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. If anyone's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, (of reward) though he himself will be saved.

1 Corinthians 9:24 - "Do you not know that those who run in a race ALL run, but ONLY ONE receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it." In an Olympic race, all runners run but only one receives the gold medal. So what happens to the runners that receive the silver medal or bronze medal or finish the race with no medal? Are they disqualified from the Olympics or for the prize? According to NOSAS logic, everyone who falls short of winning a gold medal would be disqualified from the Olympics. Silver medal, bronze medal, no medal but finished the race, ALL disqualified from the Olympics.

May 31, 2020
People earning God’s grace is definitely the biggest oxymoron here on CC.

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
People earning God’s grace is definitely the biggest oxymoron here on CC.
I know that no one can earn Salvation, Because they have sinned, Already, If they had no sin they wouldn't need A savior, But because we have ALL sinned already, WE DO NEED OUR Precious savior, because we have already sinned and have the DEATH sentence. SO keeping the Commandment can't saved us. SO CHRIST CAME TO PAY FOR the SINS THAT are in OUR PAST, ROMANS 3:25, tells us this.
The only reason that we can't keep GOD'S LAWS AND BE saved, is that we have sin already on US, IF we DIDN'T HAVE THAT SIN, WE WOULDN'T NEED to be SAVED, TO BE saved it to BE SAVED FROM OUR SINS, HE saves US FROM THE SINS THAT we have committed, SO we CAN BE saved from the SINS that we have already COMMITTED, So we can keep his laws, AND THAT WILL KEEP US CLEAN AND SAVED. THE COMMANDMENT CAN'T CLEAN US, BUT THEY SURE CAN KEEP US CLEAN AFTER YESUAH CLEANS US, TO BE CLEAN FROM SIN IS TO BE SAVED, PRAISE YESUAH AND HALLELUJAH TO HIM TOO.