Choosing to sin, after we have received the knowledge of the truth, is choosing to be lost.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
So you’re maintaining your salvation.
That’s good to know. smh
THAT IS WHAT GOD'S WORD IS FOR, Basic instructions before leaving earth. Adan and Eve wouldn't have needed
saved if they had not sinned,
BUT people love their SINS, and most hold on to them real tight, TILL they are dead and to late to try to repent of them,
BUT GOD HATES SIN, BUT HE DOES LOVE THE SINNER, Enough that HE DIED IN their place, on the CROSS,
so they could repent and turn away from their sins, and be saved from what they have done,
But if they HOLD on to their sins, GOD will have no choice but to destroy them to get rid of sins FOR EVER,
THAT is why he deals with US , SO long, IS that HE LOVES US, AND works with us, that HE MITE NOT HAFT TO DESTROY US WHEN HE DESTROYS SINS. And if YESUAH does haft to destroy us WE will have no one to blame, BUT US AND Satan,
for giving us reason and hope in being saved, without giving up our sins, AND loving what put YESUAH on the CROSS in the FIRST PLACE, THE BIBLE TEACHES US TO LEARN TO HATE SINS, NOT TO LOVE WHAT CAUSED OUR SAVIOR TO GO TO THE CROSS.

K

kaylagrl

I don't think it is right that so many posters give slurs and taunts to anyone who speaks of God's laws. This is a classic one.
Brother didn't give a slur, he pointed out to yet ANOTHER person here that the only perfectly sinless person to walk the earth was Jesus. We cannot be perfectly sinless, no one is. But that doesn't mean we don't strive to be.

K

kaylagrl

Sin is not counted against till GOD SHOWS YOU IN HIS WORD THAT IT IS SIN, It does not matter who it is, To choose to sin is to choose to be LOST, JUST LIKE this tells US, And many other SCRIPTURES ALSO.
HEBREWS 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

There is a vast difference between being human and committing a sin and repenting of that sin and living in sin. If you continue to live in sin, then yes I would agree you've made a choice. But for the believer who fails, as we all do, no. No one is perfectly sinless. But that doesn't give us license to sin.

K

kaylagrl

THAT IS WHAT GOD'S WORD IS FOR, Basic instructions before leaving earth. Adan and Eve wouldn't have needed
saved if they had not sinned,
BUT people love their SINS, and most hold on to them real tight, TILL they are dead and to late to try to repent of them,
BUT GOD HATES SIN, BUT HE DOES LOVE THE SINNER, Enough that HE DIED IN their place, on the CROSS,
so they could repent and turn away from their sins, and be saved from what they have done,
But if they HOLD on to their sins, GOD will have no choice but to destroy them to get rid of sins FOR EVER,
THAT is why he deals with US , SO long, IS that HE LOVES US, AND works with us, that HE MITE NOT HAFT TO DESTROY US WHEN HE DESTROYS SINS. And if YESUAH does haft to destroy us WE will have no one to blame, BUT US AND Satan,
for giving us reason and hope in being saved, without giving up our sins, AND loving what put YESUAH on the CROSS in the FIRST PLACE, THE BIBLE TEACHES US TO LEARN TO HATE SINS, NOT TO LOVE WHAT CAUSED OUR SAVIOR TO GO TO THE CROSS.

No, people are in bondage to sin, it's up to us to spread the Good News and let them know they can be free.

AlmondJoy

Oct 31, 2020
context. In context, Paul is talking about being disqualified for the prize (NIV). What is the prize? Is it the reward of which he spoke of in verse 1 Corinthians 9:18?
Wow!!I cannot believe you would call what you just posted "in context" not even close

In the first part of chapter 9 Paul is discussing his ability to recieve monetary means from the people because he was an apostle or minister

If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?
1 Corinthians 9:11 KJV

But Paul goes on to say that he hadn't used this power (he hadn't been recieved anything from them)

Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel. But I have used none of these things: neither have I written these things, that it should be so done unto me: for it were better for me to die, than that any man should make my glorying void.
1 Corinthians 9:13‭-‬15

He didn't want to give anyone the ability to say that he abused his power to get money or monetary means

For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.
1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV

He said I could easily except monetary means from you and have my reward. BUT HE DIDNT

NEXT VERSE....YOU BUTCHERED

What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.
1 Corinthians 9:18 KJV

Since I don't recieve the reward of monetary means from you "WHAT IS MY REWARD?"

His reward was to be able to preach the gospel without charge

NOTHING ABOUT REWARDS IN HEAVEN ETC

AlmondJoy

Oct 31, 2020
1 Corinthians 9:24 - "Do you not know that those who run in a race ALL run, but ONLY ONE receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it." In an Olympic race, all runners run but only one receives the gold medal. So what happens to the runners that receive the silver medal or bronze medal or finish the race with no medal? Are they disqualified from the Olympics or for the prize? According to NOSAS logic, everyone who falls short of winning a gold medal would be disqualified from the Olympics. Silver medal, bronze medal, no medal but finished the race, ALL disqualified from the Olympics
In your quest to put this chapter "in context" (which is laughable) I noticed you didn't mention the next verse:

Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
1 Corinthians 9:24‭-‬25 KJV

This is not talking about running to come in first place and winning
Paul just said "run to obtain"

No mention here of a reward system for reprobates as you and others have suggested

We run to recieve an incorruptible crown....Paul would say this again to Timothy "I have fought a good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith...."

So you are absolutely wrong with Paul's concerns about becoming a reprobate

I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
1 Corinthians 9:26‭-‬27 KJV

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
castaway, rejected, reprobate.
From a (as a negative particle) and dokimos; unapproved, i.e. Rejected; by implication, worthless (literally or morally) -- castaway, rejected, reprobate.

see GREEK a

see GREEK dokimos

AlmondJoy

Oct 31, 2020
There is a vast difference between being human and committing a sin and repenting of that sin and living in sin. If you continue to live in sin, then yes I would agree you've made a choice. But for the believer who fails, as we all do, no. No one is perfectly sinless. But that doesn't give us license to sin.
Your right there is a difference between committing a sin and living in sin.

A real child of God will feel conviction to repent after they sinned. IF YOU DONT FEEL THIS ITS SIMPLE.....NOT SAVED

But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
Hebrews 12:8 KJV

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Well I guess I shouldn't be surprised there is yet another thread on sin and how most of us are all filthy sinners and lost in our own wicked ways. We are are instructed to encourage and build each other teach and guide each other but you always have those who love to point out others flaws, the funny thing is far more than instructing on sin the first church were abundant in speaking pon love and encouraging each other they found great joy even in hardships because they built each other up and held each other up they grew strong because instead of arguing and pointing out where they failed they gave love life and walked in righteousness because they had each other they could lean on nowadays even in most churches we hear of sin and what not to do but how often do we hear what the first church had.
\

May 31, 2020
Well I guess I shouldn't be surprised there is yet another thread on sin and how most of us are all filthy sinners and lost in our own wicked ways. We are are instructed to encourage and build each other teach and guide each other but you always have those who love to point out others flaws, the funny thing is far more than instructing on sin the first church were abundant in speaking pon love and encouraging each other they found great joy even in hardships because they built each other up and held each other up they grew strong because instead of arguing and pointing out where they failed they gave love life and walked in righteousness because they had each other they could lean on nowadays even in most churches we hear of sin and what not to do but how often do we hear what the first church had.
\
These stupid threads are akin to why Jesus didn’t hold back when confronting Pharisees.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
These stupid threads are akin to why Jesus didn’t hold back when confronting Pharisees.
Honestly I always am suspect when these kind of threads pop up, if one wanted to teach on sin then it should be done in a constructive way where people can actually discuss and learn these types are a pretty obvious stirring of the pot and I don't if people just get bored or love the thrill of heated debates but these kinds are not productive

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
Sin is not counted against till GOD SHOWS YOU IN HIS WORD THAT IT IS SIN, It does not matter who it is, To choose to sin is to choose to be LOST, JUST LIKE this tells US, And many other SCRIPTURES ALSO.
HEBREWS 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

If your definition of Hebrews is correct (btw, it's not) that means if you commit a single sin after conversion willingly, you are lost and on your way to hell with no hope of forgiveness.

Because, as you believe, that scripture means there is "no more sacrifice" for a Christian who willfully sins, there is no way left for them to go to heaven.

Do you seriously believe that?

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
If your definition of Hebrews is correct (btw, it's not) that means if you commit a single sin after conversion willingly, you are lost and on your way to hell with no hope of forgiveness.

Because, as you believe, that scripture means there is "no more sacrifice" for a Christian who willfully sins, there is no way left for them to go to heaven.

Do you seriously believe that?

You are FORGETTING THAT WHEN YESUAH'S SHEEP GO'S ASTRAY THAT YESUAH GO AND SEEKS THEM OUT, WANTING TO BRING THEM BACK TO REPENTENCE, AND if THEY WILL NOT REPENT AGAIN, WITH YESUAH DRAWING TMEM, YES THEY WILL BE LOST . JUST LIKE IN THE OLD TESTAMENT, EVERT TIME THEY SINNED THEY HAD TO GO BACK TO THE HIGH PRIEST, To get their NEW SINS COVERED AGAIN, YESUAH IS OUR HIGH PREIST NOW, AND EVERY TIME WE SIN WILLFULLY, WE HAFT TO GO TO YESUAH AND REPENT OF THOSE NEW SINS AND LET YESUAH COVER THOSE SINS TO, BUT most DOES not truly REPENT, TRYING TO HOLD ON TO SOME OF THEIR SINS, MEANING THAT THEY HAVE NOT REPENTED FULLY AND TRUTHFULLY AND they AND THE ones that FALL AND DON'T REPENT AND GET THE BOOD APPLIED TO THEIR NEW SINS WILL BE LOST, AS THIS SCRIPTURE AND A LOT OF OTHERS SCRIPTURES TELLS US THE SAME THING.

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
You are FORGETTING THAT WHEN YESUAH'S SHEEP GO'S ASTRAY THAT YESUAH GO AND SEEKS THEM OUT, WANTING TO BRING THEM BACK TO REPENTENCE, AND if THEY WILL NOT REPENT AGAIN, WITH YESUAH DRAWING TMEM, YES THEY WILL BE LOST . JUST LIKE IN THE OLD TESTAMENT, EVERT TIME THEY SINNED THEY HAD TO GO BACK TO THE HIGH PRIEST, To get their NEW SINS COVERED AGAIN, YESUAH IS OUR HIGH PREIST NOW, AND EVERY TIME WE SIN WILLFULLY, WE HAFT TO GO TO YESUAH AND REPENT OF THOSE NEW SINS AND LET YESUAH COVER THOSE SINS TO, BUT most DOES not truly REPENT, TRYING TO HOLD ON TO SOME OF THEIR SINS, MEANING THAT THEY HAVE NOT REPENTED FULLY AND TRUTHFULLY AND they AND THE ones that FALL AND DON'T REPENT AND GET THE BOOD APPLIED TO THEIR NEW SINS WILL BE LOST, AS THIS SCRIPTURE AND A LOT OF OTHERS SCRIPTURES TELLS US THE SAME THING.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Adan and Eve wouldn't have needed saved if they had not sinned,
Jesus was purposed from before he foundation of the world... Adam and Eve needed to eat from the Tree of Life just as much as any of us do, and they did not eat of it. They would still have needed to be born again of the Spirit of God.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Please stop yelling at us. It is totally rude and completely unnecessary.

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
The ONLY REASON THEY DIDN'T eat of it is because GOD took IT AWAY FROM THEM SO HE WOULDN'T HAVE ETURNAL SINNERS. AND THAT IS WHY GOD SAYS HE TOOK IT AWAY FROM,

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The ONLY REASON THEY DIDN'T eat of it is because GOD took IT AWAY FROM THEM SO HE WOULDN'T HAVE ETURNAL SINNERS. AND THAT IS WHY GOD SAYS HE TOOK IT AWAY FROM,
Chapter and verse for the only reason being God banished them from the garden, please. No? Oh, right, there is no such verse.

They had free and full access to the Tree of Life, but chose death over obeying God.