Chosen by God - A study in Election

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Yes, He gives them everlasting life.:)

Whosoever believeth in him, should not perish but have everlasting life.
So you actually believe that everlasting life is not a gift by God's grace, but a REWARD? Wow. I was not wanting to hear that. Ouch.

Please show us anywhere in Scripture where God GIVES THANKS to believers for THEIR (ahem) "gracious" choice of Him.

Please show us anywhere in Scripture where PAUL gives THANKS to BELIEVERS for THEIR (ahem) "gracious" choice of Him.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Romans 8:29

For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his son.
that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.

So disagree with you.
Being conformed to the image of his son is not salvation. It's the future adoption. It's guaranteed that we will be in his image one day.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
So you actually believe that everlasting life is not a gift by God's grace, but a REWARD?
Absolutely it is a gift of God. It's given to those who believe the gospel of Jesus Christ. Nothing earned. 100% free gift. Wow. Amazing!

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Nope. We are thankful for God's grace that He has provided a way unto salvation.
God is not thankful to you for your wise and gracious choice?

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
He's not willing that any should perish, but people perish everyday. Salvation in Christ is best for everybody, but not everybody believes.

Btw, predestination has nothing to do with a person getting saved. Predestination is a doctrine to those already saved. It's receiving the future redemption of the body, the adoption.
Where are these Scriptural proofs?

May 19, 2020
Being conformed to the image of his son is not salvation. It's the future adoption. It's guaranteed that we will be in his image one day.

I didn't say it was salvation ,did you read my post before my last one?

I don't agree with your post by the way,so best leave it there....thank you.

May 19, 2020

By the way,we are conformed to the image of His Son,after salvation,the Lord works in and through us...conforming us into the likeness of His Son......which takes time.....

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
He's not willing that any should perish, but people perish everyday. Salvation in Christ is best for everybody, but not everybody believes.

Btw, predestination has nothing to do with a person getting saved. Predestination is a doctrine to those already saved. It's receiving the future redemption of the body, the adoption.
Prove anywhere in the Bible that it is the believer who makes the choice and appoints themselves.

The bible is crystal-clear: God is choosing believers. Not the other way around.

Go ahead and prove otherwise.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Absolutely it is a gift of God. It's given to those who believe the gospel of Jesus Christ. Nothing earned. 100% free gift. Wow. Amazing!
That is not what you said. You said Salvation is a reward for believing. If you yourself make the correct choice, then God MUST repay you, give you credit and reward you with eternal life.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Thats your opinion only.

However, please demonstrate from the Scriptures the following phenomenon:

1) Does God EVER extoll, credit, commend or glorify ANY person who believes for their choice or decision? Please include relevant Scriptures.

2) Does PAUL or PETER ever extoll, credit, commend or glorify ANY person who believes for their choice or decision? Please include relevant Scriptures.

3) do these people, who of their own supposed express will to believe, share a degree of glory with God for this act or work? Do they share credit for their rebirth, regeneration and salvation?
If I understand you to mean, Is God pleased by people freely believing and trusting Him then .
Gal 3 .6-9 / Rom 4.3-5 / pretty much all of hebrews 11 . And many other verses where God is pleased by people believing him , evidenced by the dis pleasure when people do not trust and believe Him . Jesus actually marvelled at their unbelief . Mat 8.10 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, "Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith.
And God Predestines every one In Christ to future Glorification.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Prove anywhere in the Bible that it is the believer who makes the choice and appoints themselves.

The bible is crystal-clear: God is choosing believers. Not the other way around.

Go ahead and prove otherwise.
Acts 13 .48 .

May 19, 2020

2 Corinthians 3:18

But we all ,with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord,are changed into the same image from glory to glory,even as by the Spirit of the Lord....And the Lord ..who is the Spirit ...makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image.

All Glory Goes To God!

May 19, 2020

Did you read it correctly?

When the Gentiles heard this,they were glad and honoured the word of the Lord,and all who were “APPOINTED “ for eternal life believed.

Sorry not shouting...just trying to get the message across.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
God is not thankful to you for your wise and gracious choice?
That's not biblical. I'm not looking for God to be thankful. I'm thankful for Him for dying on the cross that I might have eternal life.

May 19, 2020
[QUOTE="John146, post: I'm thankful for Him for dying on the cross that I might have eternal life.[/QUOTE]

Amen!

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Where are these Scriptural proofs?
Those who are in Christ have been predestinated unto the adoption.

Ephesians 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

What's the adoption?

Romans 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

The adoption is the redemption of the body. It is when we will be finally conformed to the image of Christ. It's a future promise to those in Christ.

1 Corinthians 15
49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

May 19, 2020
We are adopted children of God after salvation.....we belong to him......

John146

Jan 13, 2016
2 Corinthians 3:18

But we all ,with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord,are changed into the same image from glory to glory,even as by the Spirit of the Lord....And the Lord ..who is the Spirit ...makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image.

All Glory Goes To God!
And that finally takes place at the future adoption, the redemption of our body.

See post #437 for Scripture

Status
Not open for further replies.