Christ in You

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 6, 2020
New South Wales
CHRIST IN YOU
To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. (Colossians 1:27, NIV)

As I see it, the manner in which the glorious reality of our redemption in Christ works itself out in our lives, is the subject of the vast bulk of New Testament teaching.
And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. (2 Corinthians 3:18, NIV)

Jesus laid the foundation in the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5:1 to 7:29). We are given a revelation of the pre-eminence of Christ (Ephesians 1:17‑23; Philippians 2:5‑11). We are told how we will overcome in spiritual battle (Ephesians 6:10‑18), given instruction in family relationships (Ephesians 5:22‑33), how we are to take our place in the Body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:27‑31), how we can minister in love to others by natural and spiritual gifts and much teaching on how we relate to other Christians and the world in general.

These teachings are telling us how, each in our small way, we will reflect the Lord’s glory as we are transformed by the Spirit of God into the likeness of Christ. In other words, they are giving us guidance as to how the indwelling life of Christ will work itself out in our daily walk.

They are not another set of laws, they are a description of the divine nature as it will be manifest in the lives of God’s children as we, by the grace of God, are brought to maturity in Christ.

His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. (2 Peter 1:3‑4, NIV)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jun 11, 2020
CHRIST IN YOU
To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. (Colossians 1:27, NIV)

As I see it, the manner in which the glorious reality of our redemption in Christ works itself out in our lives, is the subject of the vast bulk of New Testament teaching.
And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. (2 Corinthians 3:18, NIV)

Jesus laid the foundation in the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5:1 to 7:29). We are given a revelation of the pre-eminence of Christ (Ephesians 1:17‑23; Philippians 2:5‑11). We are told how we will overcome in spiritual battle (Ephesians 6:10‑18), given instruction in family relationships (Ephesians 5:22‑33), how we are to take our place in the Body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:27‑31), how we can minister in love to others by natural and spiritual gifts and much teaching on how we relate to other Christians and the world in general.

These teachings are telling us how, each in our small way, we will reflect the Lord’s glory as we are transformed by the Spirit of God into the likeness of Christ. In other words, they are giving us guidance as to how the indwelling life of Christ will work itself out in our daily walk.

They are not another set of laws, they are a description of the divine nature as it will be manifest in the lives of God’s children as we, by the grace of God, are brought to maturity in Christ.

His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. (2 Peter 1:3‑4, NIV)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
A profound verse. WE have to ask ourselves, Why Christ IN us - the hope of glory?

First we must define "glory". The Greek word we render as "glory" comes from the root "to make apparent". So when John 7:39 says that our Lord Jesus was "not yet glorified", it means that He was "no yet made apparent". What was not yet made apparent?

The subject is Christ's resurrection. On the cross, our Lord Jesus set out to remove "the sin and sins of the whole world" (Jn.1:29, 1st Jn.2:2). Since the wages of sin is death (Rom.6:23), if one little sin had remained unaccounted for, Jesus must remain dead. His resurrection was proof that every and all sin ans sins had been put away. It was "made apparent" that sin and sins where wholly dealt with. His resurrection was not some shining bright light or fireworks. Just our Lord "standing" in front of the tomb was His GLORY - "the apparency" of sin atoned for.

God's plan was that man, to be, and to accomplish, what He wanted, would eat from the Tree of Life. If man had eaten from this Tree he, being a partaker of the divine life (2nd Pet.1:4), would have able to display God in his words, actions and disposition, and he would have had the power to deal with the superior angels (Ps.8:5, Heb.2:7-9). That is, whatever was in that fruit, when it was digested and assimilated by a man, he would have had the ability to display God by being in His image and likeness, and he would have had the ability to subdue and rule on the earth. What ever was in that fruit, when eaten, it would have "made apparent" God's life and government.

But sin and sins came in, and man, by Genesis 6:5, was totally polluted and evil. He only could display the Serpent. So God sends His Son Jesus, not only to atone for sin and sins, but to live the perfect human life. Our Lord, a normal Man, but under Law, lived through incarnation, birth, childhood, suffering, poverty, hurt, rejection and injustice, death and resurrection. Jesus went through the process of a full human life. So when a man believes IN Jesus Christ, not only are man's sin and sins dealt with, but by the rebirth, that man takes in Jesus Christ INCLUDING ALL HIS HUMAN LIFE; DEATH AND RESURRECTION. He is now set for the Holy Spirit to transform his fallen humanity to the elevated and God-approved humanity. This transformatio process takes a lifetime. We have to UN-learn our old ways, and RE-place them with Christ's way. You can see this process in 2nd Cor.3:18. And you can see that it is the GOAL of God in saving us in Romans 8:29.

The Christian religion, as well-meaning as it might be, wants us to change by self discipline and rules. But Romans 7 says that rules written outside of us cannot be kept in the long run. What is needed is a change of intrinsic nature. So, by taking Christ in, first as Savior, by calling on His Name, secondly by beholding Him (2nd Cor.3:18), third by eating Him (Jn.6:54-57), and fourth by allowing Him to purge and prune us by trials, this INDWELLING Christ with all His resources, is able to PERMEATE US with His attributes. After some decades of doing this, Christ's character and attributes get worked into us. The end of this process is that we can display God, or "make apparent" the Living God.

And the "glory" is TWOFOLD. WE are in a position to display God, and we are a living testimony of Gods ability to overcome terrible depravity in His creature.

Mar 23, 2016
According to Col 1:27, Christ in me is the riches of the glory of the mystery.

In 2 Cor 3:14-18, when our hearts are turned to the Lord Jesus Christ, a veil which keeps us from understanding Scripture is removed and at that point, with unveiled faces we behold the glory of the Lord, and we are transformed ...

2 Corinthians 3:

14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.

15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.

16 Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.

This "transforming" takes place as God works within the heart of His children and eventually what He works within us starts to reveal itself outwardly.

In 1 John 3, we read about when the "transforming" is complete:

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Oct 6, 2020
New South Wales
What is needed is a change of intrinsic nature. So, by taking Christ in, first as Savior, by calling on His Name, secondly by beholding Him (2nd Cor.3:18), third by eating Him (Jn.6:54-57), and fourth by allowing Him to purge and prune us by trials, this INDWELLING Christ with all His resources, is able to PERMEATE US with His attributes. After some decades of doing this, Christ's character and attributes get worked into us. The end of this process is that we can display God, or "make apparent" the Living God.
Yes indeed. Jesus taught quite emphatically that this is at the heart of God’s plan of Redemption. Allow me to expand that scripture to which you referred.

Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. (John 6:53‑56, NIV)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. (2 Peter 1:3‑4, NIV

2 Peter 1:3-8 :)

Jan 12, 2019
Yes indeed. Jesus taught quite emphatically that this is at the heart of God’s plan of Redemption. Allow me to expand that scripture to which you referred.

Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. (John 6:53‑56, NIV)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
You can see it this way, John 6 is the about the sign of feeding the 5000 that Jesus performed for the nation Israel.

God's covenant with Israel was largely a physical one, they were promised financial prosperity, health, if they obey the covenant that God made with them. Abraham, Issac, Jacob, David and Solomon were all extremely rich for their time.

When Jesus came to Israel, he gave them a foretaste of how life would be in the promised kingdom, when he healed all who came to him, and even promised riches if they are willing to give up all to follow him.

At the end of the day, the physical blessings are to point to spiritual blessings for Israel.

Jesus made that link clearest in Luke 6, after he fed the 5000 with physical food.

26 Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled. 27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed. 35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. 47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. 48 I am that bread of life. 49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. 51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

So Jesus was trying to point out to Israel not to be just contented with seeking him for physical needs like food and such, but to believe that he is their Messiah and promised son of God. That is the spiritual blessing that await them.

However, as you can also see, Israel ultimately rejected Jesus as their promised Messiah. By the time they stoned Stephen, Israel has now fallen in the eyes of God (Romans 11:11)

As a result of that fall, we gentiles can now partake in their spiritual blessings. We are now declared righteous in our spirit thru the death burial and resurrection of Christ. (1 Cor 15:1-4).

As you have correctly said, we now have Christ in us, the hope of glory. That is something Israel was suppose to be aiming for during the time of Jesus first coming on Earth. Instead, they only had eyes on the physical blessings, of food and such.

Jun 11, 2020
You can see it this way, John 6 is the about the sign of feeding the 5000 that Jesus performed for the nation Israel.

God's covenant with Israel was largely a physical one, they were promised financial prosperity, health, if they obey the covenant that God made with them. Abraham, Issac, Jacob, David and Solomon were all extremely rich for their time.

When Jesus came to Israel, he gave them a foretaste of how life would be in the promised kingdom, when he healed all who came to him, and even promised riches if they are willing to give up all to follow him.

At the end of the day, the physical blessings are to point to spiritual blessings for Israel.

Jesus made that link clearest in Luke 6, after he fed the 5000 with physical food.

26 Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled. 27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed. 35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. 47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. 48 I am that bread of life. 49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. 51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

So Jesus was trying to point out to Israel not to be just contented with seeking him for physical needs like food and such, but to believe that he is their Messiah and promised son of God. That is the spiritual blessing that await them.

However, as you can also see, Israel ultimately rejected Jesus as their promised Messiah. By the time they stoned Stephen, Israel has now fallen in the eyes of God (Romans 11:11)

As a result of that fall, we gentiles can now partake in their spiritual blessings. We are now declared righteous in our spirit thru the death burial and resurrection of Christ. (1 Cor 15:1-4).

As you have correctly said, we now have Christ in us, the hope of glory. That is something Israel was suppose to be aiming for during the time of Jesus first coming on Earth. Instead, they only had eyes on the physical blessings, of food and such.
If I may (seeing as you addressed another), I would like to propose this. But first I agree that the audience was largely Jews, and the opposition and arguments came from the Jews. But let us notice the grammar and language of Jesus.

Throughout the discourse, our Lord Jesus does not include Himself with he Jews. In verse 32 it is "Moses gave YOU", but "MY Father giveth ...". In verse 38 He claims His deity and heaven as His origin. By calling God His Father, He would be contrasting the "father of the Jews - Abraham, who we know is mere man and still in Hades (Lk.15), with His Father - Jehovah, in heaven. In verse 40 He says straight out that He is "SON of God". You can see the response in verse 42. The Jews, like Nicodemus, looked ot the womb, but our Lord was presenting Himself as "begotten of Jehovah". And this leads to verse 44, in the which He addresses "No MAN". What follows is valid for all MEN. From then on the text addresses "MEN" - not Israelites only.

Then our Lord introduces another contrast. Eating Bread verses eating Flesh and drinking Blood. This was very provocative because both the Covenant of Noah and the Covenant of Law of Sinai forbid this. Did Jesus mean it (i) literally, or (ii) as an analogy? This I answer thus;

God's intention was to have corporate mankind (i) in His image and likeness, and (ii) subduing and ruling the earth in manner becoming a man in God's image and likeness. For this to take place, God commanded man to eat from the Tree of Life. Although the divine nature would have been imparted by this fruit, God did not want exclusively "divine creatures" displaying Him and ruling like He would. His plan was to have a man first, and then a man who possessed, was motivate by and who was energized by His LIFE. Adam failed, but God's plan was realized by Jesus - a Man who possessed the divine nature and was motivated and energized by God's indwelling LIFE.

So when our Lord Jesus presents Himself for LIFE, it must (i) BREAD which shows the life-sustaining element. But since sin came in and blood must be shed, He must present Himself (ii) as FLESH. But He does not only want to die for men, but be the LIFE-GIVING Man. His HUMANITY is embodied in the FLESH, and since the "LIFE is in the blood", HUMAN LIFE, He commands that we drink His blood. By taking Jesus as our "BREAD of LIFE" we are given the divine sustenance. By taking His FLESH as food we are made partakers of His HUMANITY. And by drinking His BLOOD, we are made partakers of His HUMAN vitality. Through eating we become like Christ in His HUMANITY, but also partakers of His divinity to upgrade our Natures. Now al that remains is to decide whether we eat Him physically or in some other way.

The answer to that is easy. In His final discourse in John Chapters 14 to 17, when He promises to come to His disciples to be WITH them and IN them, He says that He must GO and return as the Spirit. He said in John 17:16 that it was "expedient" that He go because then the Comforter, Who is the Holy Spirit, can come. The Jesus who was limited by His flesh, time and space, would be infused into the Holy Spirit and so be available to ANY MAN who believed in Him, without limit. And so He ends the discourse about eating Him in John 6 with verse 63. "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." His whole humanity and divinity that God wanted in Adam, are in Jesus, and Jesus is the Spirit, and Jesus is the WORD. AND IN THIS WAY THE WHOLE PACKAGE OF JESUS THE MAN, INFUSED WITH DIVINITY, IS ADDED TO MEN, VIA THE MOUTH AS THE WORD.

The Pharisees should have known this. They had the Pentateuch - Moses' writings. They knew of the Tree of Life. They knew of the Lamb that took sin away and that must be eaten. They knew of the Manna - BREAD for sustaining once the Lamb is eaten. They knew about Moses not eating physical bread and taking no water for 40 days and nights and surviving because he was working with the WORD. They knew of the shining of the face of Moses after he only ate the WORD. They knew the Offerings that the Priest must eat - both FLESH (the Peace Offering, etc.) and GRAIN (the Meal Offering). The books of Moses are replete with what our Lord proposed in John Chapter 6. They should have known. But because they refused the prophecies unfolding before their eyes, their minds were already darkened. Which man can refuse the physical proof and be allowed spiritual insight? None!

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
Rom 8:9 . . If anyone does not have the spirit of Christ, he does not
belong to Christ.

2Cor 13:5-6 . . Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith.
Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you? --
unless indeed you are disqualified.

I suggest that "Jesus Christ" speaks of him as a human being; whereas the
"spirit of Christ" speaks of the core of his being, i.e. his divine nature.

At the core of my being is the non-divine human nature of the original
Adam, i.e. my existence is no different than his and that's because my
existence was produced by his existence, i.e. I am that first Adam's
biological progeny and no other's. I am not, by nature, a two-fold being, i.e.
I am not a spirit son of God and a biological son of Man. I came from my
mother's womb as only a son of Man.

Now, it's already been decided that no biological son of that first Adam will
be-- and currently is not --accepted into the kingdom of God (1Cor 15:50)
consequently the extremely grave importance of taking the initiative to
verify Christ is in you in order to assure that we don't leave this life with only
non-divine human nature at the core our being.
_

Jun 11, 2020
Rom 8:9 . . If anyone does not have the spirit of Christ, he does not
belong to Christ.

2Cor 13:5-6 . . Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith.
Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you? --
unless indeed you are disqualified.

I suggest that "Jesus Christ" speaks of him as a human being; whereas the
"spirit of Christ" speaks of the core of his being, i.e. his divine nature.

At the core of my being is the non-divine human nature of the original
Adam, i.e. my existence is no different than his and that's because my
existence was produced by his existence, i.e. I am that first Adam's
biological progeny and no other's. I am not, by nature, a two-fold being, i.e.
I am not a spirit son of God and a biological son of Man. I came from my
mother's womb as only a son of Man.

Now, it's already been decided that no biological son of that first Adam will
be-- and currently is not --accepted into the kingdom of God (1Cor 15:50)
consequently the extremely grave importance of taking the initiative to
verify Christ is in you in order to assure that we don't leave this life with only
non-divine human nature at the core our being.
_
Agreed. Your human spirit is born again (Jn.3:6). Your soul is in the process of being transformed to the image of Christ (Rom.8:29; 2nd Cor.3:18). Your body will, as 1st Corinthians 15:50-55 says, be changed into a body fit for the Kingdom. The snag is the soul. It is transformed by partly the Holy Spirit (2nd Cor.3:18) and part your effort in cooperating with Him (Phil.2:12). What will the condition of your soul be at the second coming of Christ - for it is then decided, who may enter the Kingdom or not (Matt.25:19-30). I judge that is not so much verifying that Christ is IN you, for this only genders "hope", but whether Christ be "formed in you" (Gal.4:19). The whole discourse of Paul in Galatians is not IF we are children of God, but IF we are PERFECTED by the Holy Spirit or by the Law (or rules).

Feb 28, 2016
here is where one can get into all sorts of 'confusion' = ???

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
What will the condition of your soul be at the second coming of Christ - for it
is then decided, who may enter the Kingdom or not

It's possible to obtain citizenship in the kingdom of God prior to Christ's
return.

Col 1:13 . . He delivered us from the domain of darkness, and transferred
us to the kingdom of His beloved son

Phil 3:20 . . Our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait
for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ
_

Jan 12, 2019
Throughout the discourse, our Lord Jesus does not include Himself with he Jews. In verse 32 it is "Moses gave YOU", but "MY Father giveth ...". In verse 38 He claims His deity and heaven as His origin. By calling God His Father, He would be contrasting the "father of the Jews - Abraham, who we know is mere man and still in Hades (Lk.15), with His Father - Jehovah, in heaven. In verse 40 He says straight out that He is "SON of God". You can see the response in verse 42. The Jews, like Nicodemus, looked ot the womb, but our Lord was presenting Himself as "begotten of Jehovah". And this leads to verse 44, in the which He addresses "No MAN". What follows is valid for all MEN. From then on the text addresses "MEN" - not Israelites only.
You should understand that, in time past, non-Jews, or gentiles, are called dogs, Jesus used that term too. (Matthew 15:26)

So Man or men will not be referring to non Jews.

Jun 11, 2020
here is where one can get into all sorts of 'confusion' = ???
Yes. Man is a complex being, and his recovery is not simple. It is given to us men to simplify and summarize, but the Bible is a big Book because of various reasons. For instance, if our Lord Jesus fulfills the Offerings of Leviticus, then there were five main issues that needed a dedicated solution each. There is a reason why the first three Offerings don't even address sin and sins. Then, if you add the drink, wave and heave Offerings, and why our Lord fulfilled them, you have a comprehensive study ahead of you. Then, we haven't even touched the Lamb, the furniture of the Tabernacle, or the Brass Serpent. And just when we get that under our belt, we need to study the Good Land and all the Types of Christ there - all to show us Him dealing with some sort of problem with us fallen men on the road to recovery.

Man's purpose and full salvation is a comprehensive subject because God has to meet HIS criteria.

Jun 11, 2020

It's possible to obtain citizenship in the kingdom of God prior to Christ's
return.

Col 1:13 . . He delivered us from the domain of darkness, and transferred
us to the kingdom of His beloved son

Phil 3:20 . . Our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait
for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ
_
Oh yes! Citizens we are already. But our King has not arrived yet, nor are the usurpers dealt with. And then comes the question whether a Christian, who is a citizen, but who is prone to dishonesty, can be allowed by the King to rule when the Kingdom is finally set up. See Galatians 5:21 and Ephesians 5:5.

Jun 11, 2020
You should understand that, in time past, non-Jews, or gentiles, are called dogs, Jesus used that term too. (Matthew 15:26)

So Man or men will not be referring to non Jews.
I find it difficult to believe that you believe that. First of all, the Holy Spirit calls Jews dogs in Philippians 3:2. Secondly, in 2nd Peter 2:22 he calls Believers who were ex-Jews and who wanted to return to the Law - dogs. Thirdly, the Canaanite woman who Jesus called a dog, first appealed to Him as "Son of David". The connotation is that she was unclean, for a dog to an Israelite is an unclean animal. But when she appealed to Him as "Lord" He responded. Then, he commends her faith above that of the Jews. And then Romans 10:12 makes it quite clear on which level God perceives ALL men:

"For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him."

Jan 12, 2019
I find it difficult to believe that you believe that. First of all, the Holy Spirit calls Jews dogs in Philippians 3:2. Secondly, in 2nd Peter 2:22 he calls Believers who were ex-Jews and who wanted to return to the Law - dogs. Thirdly, the Canaanite woman who Jesus called a dog, first appealed to Him as "Son of David". The connotation is that she was unclean, for a dog to an Israelite is an unclean animal. But when she appealed to Him as "Lord" He responded. Then, he commends her faith above that of the Jews. And then Romans 10:12 makes it quite clear on which level God perceives ALL men:

"For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him."
I was talking about time past, when gentiles were without hope then (Ephesians 2:11-12).

After the cross, after Israel rejected their Messiah when they stoned Stephen, then yes, all the verses you have used apply.

Jun 11, 2020
I was talking about time past, when gentiles were without hope then (Ephesians 2:11-12).

After the cross, after Israel rejected their Messiah when they stoned Stephen, then yes, all the verses you have used apply.
OK: That's understood.

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
According to Col 1:13 and Philip 3:20, it's possible to obtain citizenship in
the kingdom of God prior to Christ's return. However, residency is reserved
till then.

2Pet 1:10-11 . .My brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling
and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall, and you will
receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus
Christ.

Jesus wasn't given much of a welcome when he entered Jerusalem the first
time on the back of a donkey. I expect that his Father has planned a far
more glorious reception for His son than what was given him back then.

And he won't be coming alone; Christ's church will be in a procession right
behind him: a magnificent parade, led by him as its grand master. I
expect that's going to be an amazing sight: enchanting beyond words.
_