Christ kept the Law of Moses, so....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Some laws were introduced because of sin.
Some laws define sin.

If you make the effort to understand which law is being referred to in Gal 2 and 3, you'll see it is not the law that defines sin.
Gal 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Circumcision, offering blood, and many other laws do not apply today. But many laws do.
Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Rom 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

The law that defines sin has not changed.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Since your misuse of those Scriptures has already been adequately addressed I will ignore your response.
Here you go buddy. Rots of ruck with your Sisyphean labors. You can just keep on banging away at it. Your choice. But keep those chains and shackles away from me! Not interested.
Gal 2:21
I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Gal 5:4
Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Promoting unbiblical heresies are you? Looks like you are the lawless one around here.
Gal 3:24
Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Gal 3:25
But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

And here is my status: a son reborn of the Spirit of Jesus, consequently emancipated from the law, slavery to sin and death.
Rom 6:11
Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Rom 8:15
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Eph 1:5
Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Mat 17:26
Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.

1Jo 3:1
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

1Jo 3:2
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
1st John 3:4 refers to God's Law. It includes commandments such as -

"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." (Lev 18:22)

Hence, homosexuality is sin.

And, I can assure you, neither the homosexual men of the unlawful marriage nor their child are permitted to enter into the Lord's congregation.

There is no such thing as a "moral law" ever mentioned in Scripture as though it were a subsection of God's Law. ALL of God's laws determine the right or wrong in human behaviour.
And.....you are confident that you are being justified by your law-keeping. Fine. But you do so in vain.
Heb 7:18
For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

As for me, I am washed in the blood of Jesus by faith in His Name, and by His completed work have been made perfectly righteous and holy and acceptable to God.
Rom 5:1
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
Rom 5:2
By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

BTW....there are "commandments" that we endeavor to observe. By faith as obedient children, while we wait for the redemption of our bodies.
1Ti 1:5
Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:
1Jo 3:23
And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
2Pe 3:2
That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

oyster67

May 24, 2014
And that Man tells His people to keep His/God's commandments (Mat 5:17-19; Joh 14:15; 15:10; et al). No obedience = no relationship.

"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." (1st Cor 6:9-10)

Salvation without repentance is just a fairytale. Sorry.
I appreciate your being sorry, but we need to establish sound doctrine here. All the nice things you have mentioned above must flow from a heart of faith and love. Salvation is neither merited nor maintained by following that long list of rules that seems so dear to your heart. They simply will flow natually from a man who has been born again and yielded himself to the Spirit. It will come naturally as apples from an apple tree. That is why Jesus could say...

Matthew 22:
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

That is why Paul could say...
Ephesians 2:
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

He then explains how righteousness is accomplished in us..
10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Can you now see how you have not only put the cart before the horse, but are even trying to get the poor guy to walk backwards.

If you continue in vain effort to attain salvation and righteousness by following the Law (and frustrating others by telling them they must do likewise), then you shall be judged in the same arena as the Pharisees who ignored the cleansing power of the blood and the righteousness that comes only through faith in it.

John 14:6
“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Sooo... A man can now dress as a woman, as long as he has "faith" and is "always seeking grace and mercy"? I'm not trying to be contentious. I would just like to see a real world example of this schema you propose.
You vastly underestimate the cleansing and transforming power that God can and desires to perform on a man who places complete trust and faith in Jesus.

That man will be delivered, whilst you will continue on trying to attain what is unattainable by puffing on your own little sail of good works.

Luke 8:48
“And he said unto her, Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.”

Luke 17:19
“And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole.”

Grace911

Nov 11, 2018
When negating "the law" from Paul's writings, you must ask "Which law, Paul?" The Pharisees and Sadducee were keeping an oral law, a man-made list of additional laws that negated the Law of the LORD/Torah. Jesus spoke to the Pharisees and Sadducee regarding their man-made traditions making void the law of the LORD. In Deuteronomy we find twice YHWH says do not add or diminish from His law. YHWH also says He never changes, and Jesus said He never changes. Jesus (Immanuel-God with us) in the human flesh became the visible LORD. The two are one, as it says in Deuteronomy. Jesus is the right arm of YHWH. Ever heard the expression "so and so is my right hand man/woman?" Jesus speaks for the LORD. Jesus teaches for the LORD. Jesus heals for the LORD. Jesus is the LORD/YHWH.

Here are some "laws" Paul specifically mentions:
1)"Law of God"
2)"Law of Sin"
3)"Law of Sin and Death"
4)"Law of Faith"
5)"Law of my mind"
6)"Law of Righteousness"
7) "Law of Christ"

Rom_7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

Rom_7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Rom_8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Rom_7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Rom_7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Rom_8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Rom_3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Rom_9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

Gal_6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Only 1 person has ever been able to keep the law. And that's your go to plan? I'm with Winnie-the-Pooh on this one...think, think, think.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Can you put this portion in your own words for me, Pilgrimshope?
In my own words sure the law of Moses is designed to make sin known to sinners and cannot justify anyone now those are my words but this is why I said that

“Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭3:19-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

everything that’s in the law everything the law says is meant to shut the mouths of prideful self righteous people and make everyone all the world guilty before God . No one can be justified by the law of Moses it’s not designed by God to justify anyone it’s designed to accuse everyone and prove them guilty

“But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:11-12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The law is meant for this purpose it came before Jesus to notice all men sinners in order that through Christ God can give grace and be the one everyone has to acknowledge is the justifier of them

“But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, ( the law )

that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.”( the gospel )
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:22‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The law and the prophets were until John:

( the. Jesus came forth ) since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭16:16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

are you seeing the point I was trying to make ? The law of Moses cannot save anyone it cannot no matter what a man does make us just and perfect and right before God because again it’s not designed to do that it’s designed to prove everyone is a sinner so that then it is true that everyone needs to accept Jesus and the gospel to be saved

at he reason God had to show mankind thier sins first before he sent Jesus with remission and rebirth is because like I was saying God wants all to understand truly and fully that he alone is the savior of those who believe

As Paul is explaining this in Roman’s three he makes great and clear point as tonthe reasoning of God to do this and design things like that that brings it back to the inability of the law to justify us

“But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: for all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

to declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. Where is boasting then? It is excluded.

By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭3:21-28‬ ‭KJV‬‬

it’s better to read the apostles words and take them in but it just says what it says and explains it really well also

Grace911

Nov 11, 2018
Only 1 person has ever been able to keep the law. And that's your go to plan? I'm with Winnie-the-Pooh on this one...think, think, think.
3Jn 1:11 Beloved, follow (Strong's G3401) not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.

G3401
μιμέομαι
mimeomai
mim-eh’-om-ahee
Middle voice from μῖμος mimos (a “mimic”); to imitate: - follow.

Not too far back I was sitting in the hallway of a theology school. In comes a young man with a small boy. Dad places one shoe on the bench to re-tie his shoe. When finished, he looked away. But the little boy had watched every move his daddy made. So he tried his best to put his shoe on the bench the way his daddy did. He was too small but his effort to imitate was huge.

Only God knows our heart.

Do not imitate that which is evil but imitate all that is good.

1John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

1John 5:17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
Rom 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

Psalms 119:142 Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth.

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
3Jn 1:11 Beloved, follow (Strong's G3401) not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.

G3401
μιμέομαι
mimeomai
mim-eh’-om-ahee
Middle voice from μῖμος mimos (a “mimic”); to imitate: - follow.

Not too far back I was sitting in the hallway of a theology school. In comes a young man with a small boy. Dad places one shoe on the bench to re-tie his shoe. When finished, he looked away. But the little boy had watched every move his daddy made. So he tried his best to put his shoe on the bench the way his daddy did. He was too small but his effort to imitate was huge.

Only God knows our heart.

Do not imitate that which is evil but imitate all that is good.

1John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

1John 5:17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
Rom 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

Psalms 119:142 Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth.

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
I'm not advocating for sin. But try as we may, the best we can do is imitate outward behavior. Only God can change the heart. Therein is sin overcome.
2 Corinthians 3:18 says we are changed as we behold Him. Rather than mimicking behavior, the key to a pure and holy life is Christ living in me. That's what it is to seek His kingdom and His righteousness.
The value of spiritual disciplines is not so much in their practice, but that they are the places God has prescribed to meet with His people. There in His presence we are changed from glory to glory.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I'm not advocating for sin. But try as we may, the best we can do is imitate outward behavior. Only God can change the heart. Therein is sin overcome.
2 Corinthians 3:18 says we are changed as we behold Him. Rather than mimicking behavior, the key to a pure and holy life is Christ living in me. That's what it is to seek His kingdom and His righteousness.
The value of spiritual disciplines is not so much in their practice, but that they are the places God has prescribed to meet with His people. There in His presence we are changed from glory to glory.
amen brother

“For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2:13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

He’s changing that sinful will in us through hearing the word of Christ Jesus that saves

Accepting the gospel is the key hearing Jesus thoughts changes his disciples thoughts and understandings of God and man

“For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.”
‭‭1 Thessalonians‬ ‭2:13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

it’s receiving the gospel into our faith that changes our minds and hearts and will

Gods word is powerful to change us if we hear and believe the gospel slowly reveals the righteousness of God

“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. ( same gospel )

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭1:16-17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

As we learn a little like children we learn to walk a little then a little more and so on we learn to walk upright lives before our Heavenly Father because his word is working in us to change our minds from sinners to saints

Grace911

Nov 11, 2018
debt paid 2.jpg
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

My sins earned me a wage of death. Christ nailed that debt I owed to the cross. He never came to change Torah/Instruction/how to live righteous. He and the Father are one. Neither Jesus or LORD/YHWH changed the Instructions to live by. Yes, some are on pause and the sacrifice for sin has been fulfilled by the death, burial and resurrection of Christ. He is our propitiation for our sins. He is not the propitiation for the LAW as our dear friends keep on arguing. There is a sin of deliberately disobeying the commandments and there is a sin of ignorance. Only God can know your heart, and that is why He says to us, if you love me, keep my commandments so
we never have to hear: Matthew 7:23

New International Version
Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

New Living Translation
But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.

English Standard Version
And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Berean Standard Bible
Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness!’

Berean Literal Bible
And then I will declare unto them, 'I never knew you; depart you from Me, those working lawlessness.'

King James Bible
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

New King James Version
And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Rom_3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
1Jn_2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
1Jn_4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Colossians 2:14

New International Version
having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross.

New Living Translation
He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross.

English Standard Version
by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross.

Berean Standard Bible
having canceled the debt ascribed to us in the decrees that stood against us. He took it away, nailing it to the cross!

Berean Literal Bible
having blotted out the handwriting in the decrees against us, which was adverse to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

King James Bible
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

New King James Version
having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

New American Standard Bible
having canceled the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

NASB 1995
having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

NASB 1977
having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us and which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

Legacy Standard Bible
Having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us which was hostile to us, He also has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

Amplified Bible
having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of legal demands [which were in force] against us and which were hostile to us. And this certificate He has set aside and completely removed by nailing it to the cross.

Christian Standard Bible
He erased the certificate of debt, with its obligations, that was against us and opposed to us, and has taken it away by nailing it to the cross.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
He erased the certificate of debt, with its obligations, that was against us and opposed to us, and has taken it out of the way by nailing it to the cross.

American Standard Version
having blotted out the bond written in ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us: and he hath taken it out of the way, nailing it to the cross;

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And he has blotted out by his authority the bill of our debts which was adverse to us and he took it from the midst and nailed it to his cross.

Contemporary English Version
God wiped out the charges that were against us for disobeying the Law of Moses. He took them away and nailed them to the cross.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Blotting out the handwriting of the decree that was against us, which was contrary to us. And he hath taken the same out of the way, fastening it to the cross:

English Revised Version
having blotted out the bond written in ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us: and he hath taken it out of the way, nailing it to the cross;

GOD'S WORD® Translation
He did this by erasing the charges that were brought against us by the written laws God had established. He took the charges away by nailing them to the cross.

Grace911

Nov 11, 2018
Amen.

Ezekiel 36:24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
You vastly underestimate the cleansing and transforming power that God can and desires to perform on a man who places complete trust and faith in Jesus.

That man will be delivered
Indeed he will amen.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
And.....you are confident that you are being justified by your law-keeping. Fine. But you do so in vain.
No justification is by grace through faith.
All have sinned (transgressed the law) so no human can be saved by keeping the law..

But because of the grace we don't transgress the law.

Our love for Jesus and the righteousness of God motivates us to obey.

By faith we obey.
Like Heb chap 11 by faith people did works......

E

evyaniy

The law was for and about the Son. He was saved from death by His obedience to the law in giving His Life to save us, which the law required of Him. The law was His path to life. The promise of life in the law in Leviticus 18:5 was to Him, that the Man Who does the law will live. The various translations don't all translate the verse correctly but some do. Here is one that states the promise clearly.

Leviticus 18:5 And Ye shall observe My statutes and My judgments, by which the Man that doeth them shall live: I Am YHVH.

This promise is quoted in Romans 10:5

For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the Man which doeth those things by them shall live.

Most translations have the "by them shall live" in the wrong order and say "shall live by them," which clouds the meaning. It is the promise of life to the Son that He will live if He obeys the law which required Him to give His life to save us.

Galatians 3:12 translation is also misleading because the words were translated in the wrong order. It should read

The law is not of faith, but, "The Man Who does them(the law) by them will live."

in other words the Man Who obeys the law will live.

The promise of life to us by faith in the Son in Galatian 3:11 and other verses also has the words in the wrong order in most translations which clouds the meaning. It is a promise of life to us by faith in the Son.

But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of YAH, it is evident: for, The just by faith shall live.

The just by faith shall live. not The just shall live by faith. It is not about faith being a way of life as much as a promise of life to those who have faith in the Son. Simply changing the order of the words reveals the real meaning.

Oct 31, 2015
In order to bring clarity about "the law of Christ", as you see it, in your opinion under the law of Christ may a man dress as a woman?
A man who dresses as a woman or vice versa or dresses as an animal and takes on the identity of an animal needs to repent and turn away from their sinful lifestyle in which they submit themselves to serve and obey Jesus Christ as their Lord.

God loves them and desires them to be free from that bondage.

But those men who are effeminate and act like a woman must repent and be delivered or face eternity in hell.

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

Perverse and abominable practices such as sexual immorality, homosexual behavior, adultery, fornication, bestiality and the like will result in a person not inheriting the kingdom of God, which means being cast into the lake of fire.

But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” Revelation 21:8

JLB

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Sin = death.
All have sinned = all are dead in sin

The law defines sin.
But keeping the law after you've already broken it is to late
Justice means we should all die.

But God has paid our debt, and by faith we can be pardoned of all sin.
Jesus paid it all.
He gifts us his righteousness (obediance) so we can be free from the debt. (The soul that sins shall die)

Like a court case we have Jesus to pardon us or not.

By faith alone we are saved.

But this does not mean we continue in sin.
If real love for God is in us we will not sin (transgress the law).

1Jn 3: 4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. 5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. 6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. 7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. 8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Oct 31, 2015
Fine mediator, but what are his commadments that we need to keep?
Commandments of love; loving God and loving our neighbor.

For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. Romans 13:8-10

Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not bear false witness,” “You shall not covet,” and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law. Romans 13:8-10

If we commit adultery with our neighbors wife, is that loving our neighbor?

If we carve our idols and bow down to them, is that loving God.

I think we can agree on these things.

If we see a brother who is freezing or starving and we do nothing for him, is that loving our brother?

Then He will also say to those on the left hand, Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’
“Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
” Matthew 25:41-46

JLB