Christ-mass is Pagan.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Don't be so judgemental. It's not up to you, or any of us, to determine who is a "serious Christian" and who isn't..

Actually come to think of it,considering your status,and presumptions,it's sad you would even ask such a hypocrite question,so I won't give you a serious response because you aren't a "serious Christian".

Dec 28, 2016
We drink wine and eat sugar plums soaked in vodka while dancing around the tree half naked and decorated with Silver and gold balls in honor of the sun and moon......how about you?
You mean we ain't the only ones?!?!?! Now, what type of wine, and what brand of vodka do you use? Let's see if you're sound in doctrine about this whole thing. OR NOT!!!!!!! :D

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
Hmmm, my point was generally, a fact that it was illegal because it is catholic and saint nick is catholic priest etc, who well, let's hope he was a "decent to children" priest and not the other.

Christmas is about buying getting having. Eating drinking being lazy, sweets, chocolate, presents.

All while people freeze to death all over the nation. Who knows, maybe one less pair of pants, socks or an orange in a sock, would be money better spent than on self self self. But then again, charities would probably use it for the Christmas party.

Oh please, perhaps that is your perception of it and if that is your perception it is a very cynical one.

People give generously in this nation all year round and not just at Christmas. But, there should be and there will always be a special time set aside to celebrate the meaning of Christmas.

J

joefizz

Don't be so judgemental. It's not up to you, or any of us, to determine who is a "serious Christian" and who isn't..
Yeah,but I for one take offense to "disrespecting" Jesus's name and birthday and claiming to be a Christian,especially someone who is a previous member.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Things that are pagan:

Birthdays
Anniversaries
Most holidays
Days of the week
Names of gods
Many religions
EVERYTHING we enjoy

etc etc etc ad nauseam

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Our household celebrates Christmas.
When our kids were younger were used to get a birthday cake and put a candle on it and light it.

Then we would sing happy birthday to Jesus.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
That's not the point. It isn't for us to speculate whether people are Christians or not.. And exactly where and how did he disrespect Jesus' name or birthday?

Yeah,but I for one take offense to "disrespecting" Jesus's name and birthday and claiming to be a Christian,especially someone who is a previous member.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
I wondered why most people celebrate christ-mass when it was illegal 300+ years ago in America. And that people in the only testament were punished for tree worship/ Baal and grove etc.

Also, it apparently stems from Venus worship, a triangle covered with gold, silver, with a star above.

How and why do you excuse yourself???
What's to excuse? What's the "only testament?

May 11, 2014
because it is catholic
If it isn't pagan, it must be catholic.

Did you know that catholics believe in the trinity? Must be false!
They also believe in heaven, those dolts!

My point is that, this is all guilt by association.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
I wondered why most people celebrate christ-mass when it was illegal 300+ years ago in America. And that people in the only testament were punished for tree worship/ Baal and grove etc.

Also, it apparently stems from Venus worship, a triangle covered with gold, silver, with a star above.

Are you saying it's wrong as a believer to celebrate Christmas?

May 11, 2014
Things that are pagan:

Birthdays
Anniversaries
Most holidays
Days of the week
Names of gods
Many religions
EVERYTHING we enjoy

etc etc etc ad nauseam
YES YES YES!

You just nailed it. Everything is pagan.
In fact I am not happy with your cat avatar. Cats were worshiped in pagan Egypt. Take it down! :D
(Sorry for using the word avatar, it is also pagan! Avatar means a manifestation of a hindu deity)

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
What about celebrating christmass without pagan, commercial or cultural additions?

Without buying expensive gifts, without santa claus and without other silly things?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Cat hater.. :mad: Anyhoo, I LOVE being a coffee-drinking, chocolate-eating, orange kitty loving, pagan..lol

YES YES YES!

You just nailed it. Everything is pagan.
In fact I am not happy with your cat avatar. Cats were worshiped in pagan Egypt. Take it down! :D
(Sorry for using the word avatar, it is also pagan! Avatar means a manifestation of a hindu deity)

J

joefizz

That's not the point. It isn't for us to speculate whether people are Christians or not.. And exactly where and how did he disrespect Jesus' name or birthday?
The title and first post,stating the day willfully wrong thereby disrespecting Christ aka Jesus,and using the words,"how do you excuse yourself" referring to that we should be ashamed to celebrate Christ's birthday,I laughed at first to the foolishness,but the more I think on it,the whole thing isn't funny at all.

R

renewed_hope

Cat hater.. :mad: Anyhoo, I LOVE being a coffee-drinking, chocolate-eating, orange kitty loving, pagan..lol
Don't listen to him Blue! I love your avatar, it always makes me smile :)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I think HOW you (general you) celebrate a holiday, determines whether it's pagan or not. If you celebrate Halloween by going out and doing blood sacrifices, then you're celebrating it the way pagans do. Same with Christmas, if you're in it only for the biggest and best presents, or literally worship the tree, then you are doing it the way pagans do.

G

Galatea

The celebration of Christmas was illegal in Massachusetts, which was settled by Puritans, who were against the High Anglican Church. Christmas was celebrated in Virginia and the southern colonies which were settled by the Anglicans. So, it is a fallacy to say Christmas was outlawed in the entire United States three hundred years ago.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I didn't see it that way at all.. There's nothing wrong with "Christ mass". It's a mass of people who celebrate Christ's birth. :) And NOWHERE in the title OR any of his posts, has he said we should be ashamed for celebrating Christmas. He was actually referring to how we do or don't celebrate the holiday...

The title and first post,stating the day willfully wrong thereby disrespecting Christ aka Jesus,and using the words,"how do you excuse yourself" referring to that we should be ashamed to celebrate Christ's birthday,I laughed at first to the foolishness,but the more I think on it,the whole thing isn't funny at all.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
I see what you are saying, hence why I asked a couple of questions above.

I hope you don't me saying so but maybe at times is best to ask for clarification before answering.