Christ-mass is Pagan.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Also, it apparently stems from Venus worship, a triangle covered with gold, silver, with a star above.
Would you mind explaining where you got this from

Dai3234

Sep 6, 2016
Yeah,but I for one take offense to "disrespecting" Jesus's name and birthday and claiming to be a Christian,especially someone who is a previous member.
It's not Jesus birthday. But yes I see the point that it's the only "big" Christian time, but the gospel at Christmas is hardly ever told, the birth is. See if you see a salvation message to with his death, because that's what I think He would wand more than 3 guys & a manger, even though that apparently didn't ha

Dai3234

Sep 6, 2016
Would you mind explaining where you got this from
Jim brown, grace and truth ministries, or you I think you can look for it in McLintock and Strong's cyclopaedia 12 volumes (I just watched the pagan Christmas video, too much reading, though free on archive.org)

Johnny_B

Mar 18, 2017
I do not have one in my home, but the Jeremiah verses are talking about make idols verse 8 clearifies that “They are both stupid and foolish; the instruction of idols is but wood!”

Isaiah 44:14-17 Speaks to how illogical it is to cut down a tree use it for mans basic needs, then also make a god from the same tree.

“He cuts down cedars, or he chooses a cypress tree or an oak and lets it grow strong among the trees of the forest. He plants a cedar and the rain nourishes it.15 Then it becomes fuel for a man. He takes a part of it and warms himself; he kindles a fire and bakes bread. Also he makes a god and worships it; he makes it an idol and falls down before it.16 Half of it he burns in the fire. Over the half he eats meat; he roasts it and is satisfied. Also he warms himself and says, “Aha, I am warm, I have seen the fire!”17 And the rest of it he makes into a god, his idol, and falls down to it and worships it. He prays to it and says, “Deliver me, for you are my god!”

I do not see how a chirstmas tree meets this illogical worship of idols. I know the JW's use these Jeremiah verses a lot to show how Christianity is wrong in celebrating Christ's birth in the winter and how Jesus was not born in the winter, He was born in the spring. Another true that they use to push their lie.

Before someone quotes Colossians 2:16 let put it context with verse 17,
“Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath.17 These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ.”

I do not see a chirstmas tree as a shadow of things to come. At the same time I am not going to judge anyone that celebrates CHRISTmas in celebration of His birth. But please understand that Christ was not born in the winter, shepards do not take their sheep into the pastures to graze during the winter, there are no shepards in the world that do that, because there is no food, it is covered with snow or eaten up. They all take the sheep to graze in the pastures during the spring and into the summer months as long as the pastures have food. The Jews shepards would not take the sheep into the fields until after the poor had gleaned the fields of what the Lord had instructed the farmers to leave for the poor and stranger in the land.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Everything we do is pagan. Are we supposed to just stop living life, that'd be pretty boring, dont'cha think??

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I have a small, ceramic light-changing tree with cats on it. Am I being pagan in having it turned on and enjoying it?

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
I have a small, ceramic light-changing tree with cats on it. Am I being pagan in having it turned on and enjoying it?
Has anybody defined the term "pagan" in this discussion, yet?

May 11, 2014
I would still like to know the consequences of celebrating Christmas?
What will happen? My guess would be nothing.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
It's not Jesus birthday. But yes I see the point that it's the only "big" Christian time, but the gospel at Christmas is hardly ever told, the birth is. See if you see a salvation message to with his death, because that's what I think He would wand more than 3 guys & a manger, even though that apparently didn't ha
I get what you are you are saying here.
There does seem to be a disconnect between Christmas and the gospel.
The gospel being Easter add as it's preached.

But also we need to realise that atheists will also say that it's roots are pagan as well.

I'm not saying you are a pagan here but the reality is if we focus on one thing we need to realise that whatever we as believers celebrate it will always be linked to paganism.

To me that's irrelevant.
As believers we believe in the gospel of Jesus.
That's what we celebrate regardless if what date (s) we do so.

The focus is on Jesus and only him.

Dai3234

Sep 6, 2016
Everything we do is pagan. Are we supposed to just stop living life, that'd be pretty boring, dont'cha think??
Fun is flesh, boredom is unpurposed time. No one said Christians have fun. Carry your cross daily, doesn't sound fun. Sounds rigourously draining.

I only asked because I like Christmas, but see it a bit of a hipocritical waste of money and resources. In the UK people just stuff themselves, buying new consoles, TV's, tablets, phones, clothes, festivities, shopping shopping shopping. Turkey, chicken, pigsnblankets , chocolate orange, more and no teeth left or big bill for repair or at least toothpaste by the bucket.

Not much JESUS, not much church except the birth. And all that hypocritical JAZZ.
Though I do like the food, but it's so unhealthy.

T

toinena

If you want to think: "this is pagan! Oh! No! This is pagan! I shouldn't so anything that is pagan!", then Christmas is pagan and not to be celebrated.

If you want to celebrate the beautiful miracle of the Word becoming flesh, the infant Jesus that was born to this wretched place during the darkest time of the year, that is not pagan, but a worship to our savior.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif](John) 4:23-24, “But the hour comes, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in Spirit and in truth; for the Father seeks just such worshipers to worship Him. YHWH is a Spirit Being; and those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth.”[/FONT]

G

Galatea

Fun is flesh, boredom is unpurposed time. No one said Christians have fun. Carry your cross daily, doesn't sound fun. Sounds rigourously draining.

I only asked because I like Christmas, but see it a bit of a hipocritical waste of money and resources. In the UK people just stuff themselves, buying new consoles, TV's, tablets, phones, clothes, festivities, shopping shopping shopping. Turkey, chicken, pigsnblankets , chocolate orange, more and no teeth left or big bill for repair or at least toothpaste by the bucket.

Not much JESUS, not much church except the birth. And all that hypocritical JAZZ.
Though I do like the food, but it's so unhealthy.
I guess you missed all the verses about joy in the Bible.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
We go through this honest assessment around this time every year...
does this thread seem liek an honest assessment in any way shape or form?

Where is the consulting of Scripture to see if this day has origins in the Word or if it is a permissible form of worship?

where is the historical facts in encyclopeias shown the origins of ths day?

valiant

Mar 22, 2015
I wondered why most people celebrate christ-mass when it was illegal 300+ years ago in America. And that people in the only testament were punished for tree worship/ Baal and grove etc.

Also, it apparently stems from Venus worship, a triangle covered with gold, silver, with a star above.

How and why do you excuse yourself???
no one knows what day Christ was born on. 25th December is as good as any and people celebrate Christ's birth on that day, not pagan gods.